+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 234 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 82
  1. Junior Member j33per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Morrow, Ohio
    Posts
    28

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation, CCSK, Security+, Server+, Cloud Essentials,VMware VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, MCSA
    #1

    Default ISACA exams today 6/14 - CISA, CRISC, CISM, etc.

    Here we go! - Best of luck to all.

    I am taking the CRISC today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    221
    #2
    I'm on my way to the testing center, I'm taking CRISC too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,357

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #3
    Good luck everyone!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    31

    Certifications
    JNCIS-SEC
    #4
    I'm taking CISM. Waiting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    221
    #5
    Now the waiting game starts, good luck to the other test takers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    814
    #6
    Just came back from taking the exam. I will say this; I am not impressed with the exam. In fact, I am disappointed and will probably never take another ISACA exam after today and will allow my membership to run out at the end of the year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    101
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedymp View Post
    Just came back from taking the exam. I will say this; I am not impressed with the exam. In fact, I am disappointed and will probably never take another ISACA exam after today and will allow my membership to run out at the end of the year.
    I feel the same way, this is the first ISACA exam (CISA) I have taken and will probably be the last, even if I pass. I found the questions to be VERY subjective and poorly worded. For the questions around technology, it seems the authors had no idea how the technology actually worked and its limitations. The study manual is written very poorly and there isnt enough material by 3rd party authors to properly study. I can complain about still using a scan tron, I mean come on its 2014, but the funniest thing was before the test one of the people in the center was asked to remove his hat as it was against the rules, he asked to see the rules and was told that the proctor could not show him the rules, lol! There was a total of maybe 15-20 people taking the test, i have a feeling these certs are losing their validity and popularity real fast. If I were ISACA, I would get into the 20th century...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    #8
    I took and passed the CISA in December. I took the CISM today. One word....garbage...absolute garbage......I am done with ISACA after that exam. I don't care whether I passed or not. I will also be letting my membership expire after this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    814
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitzg View Post
    I feel the same way, this is the first ISACA exam (CISA) I have taken and will probably be the last, even if I pass. I found the questions to be VERY subjective and poorly worded. For the questions around technology, it seems the authors had no idea how the technology actually worked and its limitations. The study manual is written very poorly and there isnt enough material by 3rd party authors to properly study. I can complain about still using a scan tron, I mean come on its 2014, but the funniest thing was before the test one of the people in the center was asked to remove his hat as it was against the rules, he asked to see the rules and was told that the proctor could not show him the rules, lol! There was a total of maybe 15-20 people taking the test, i have a feeling these certs are losing their validity and popularity real fast. If I were ISACA, I would get into the 20th century...
    You summed it up better than I could. 200 question exam, long winded questions, extremely expensive, still using paper to answer, poor facilities to accommodate the capacity of test takers.

    As much as people rag on Comptia and the Prometric and PearsonVue facilities, at the very the very least the test centers were climate controlled and proper capacity with comfortable seating for those available.

    I don't know which is worse ISC2 or ISACA. :thumbsdown:
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    732

    Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    #10
    I have to agree with some of what is said in this thread, I took the CISM this morning. I felt the exam itself overall wasn't bad but some of the questions were extremely confusing and also unrealistic as far as how things actually work. I almost felt like the practice questions were of better quality than the actual exam.

    I also agree with the testing environment itself. My test center had almost 100 people for the 4 different ISACA exams and the process was very bumpy, paper sign ins, no one could figure out where they were supposed to sit, confusing directions as far as filling out the scan-tron etc. The process itself needs to be improved and I agree it needs to be virtualized to make it all much smoother..

    Anyways, let the waiting begin, we will see how I did. I finished the exam itself in just over 2 hrs and 5 minutes so I was moving through pretty quickly. I read the questions and picked the best answer, some of them I honestly had no idea what they were even asking.

    Good luck to everyone who tested today!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    PMP, CISA, MASTERS CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
    #11

    Default The starfish returns

    Same experience as CISA one year ago. Felt good going into the exam. Had all of the test material. Felt like I guessed on 70% of the question! and would have been sure I failed it (just like last year). I ended up scoring in the top 15% on the CISA.

    So, I have no idea. Here is the Starfish question.

    You are walking down the beach and run into a starfish. What do you have for dinner?

    1) bluefin tuna
    2) Bald eagle
    3) baby back ribs
    4) crab


    Its not the crab or tuna. The bluefin tuna is endangered and both the tuna and crab could be friends of the srarfish. The bald eagle is illegal. The clear answer is baby back ribs.

    What does this question have to do with the CRISC exam or IT controls? Not a damn thing - Like about 90% of the questions on today's exam. Why even study or buy the materials. What hallucinations are the exam preparers taking.

    I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing up the starfish question. ISACA very protective of its questions.


    WOW
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    PMP, CISA, MASTERS CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
    #12
    2 hours 2 minutes here. Lost interest
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,357

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #13
    Sad to see such negative commentary on the ISACA exams. If they weren't in such high demand for InfoSec jobs (at least the ones I've seen) in the areas I have experience in (policy, governance, compliance, risk management, controls), I would ignore them.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    #14

    Default Wtf

    sat in today's CISA exam.. went into it confident, but left feeling winded and uncertain. The questions were nothing like the database questions, no point buying the database question with "explanations" as it was mostly irrelevant to the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    #15
    Took the cisa and find it difficult, finish the first round and go back the second round, realise alot of questions I left it blank and work on it.

    Keep shaking my head when I go through them and there are questions and answers which I have not come across from the books.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    814
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by acidstorm View Post
    Took the cisa and find it difficult, finish the first round and go back the second round, realise alot of questions I left it blank and work on it.

    Keep shaking my head when I go through them and there are questions and answers which I have not come across from the books.
    I had a very long (90 minute) debate with ISACA faculty about the questions and I told him specifically, the terminology used during the prep is NOT used in the during real world. The questions were to me just unrealistic and didn't represent any of my experience. For example: Who uses the term Crystal-box? I mean really?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Louisville, Ky.
    Posts
    37

    Certifications
    CISM, CISSP, CCNA, CNE, Sec+, ACE
    #17
    I took the CISM this morning. Guess I'll see what happens in 4-6 weeks. Another waiting game for results, wheeee. Now back to CCNA:S studying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Junior Member j33per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Morrow, Ohio
    Posts
    28

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation, CCSK, Security+, Server+, Cloud Essentials,VMware VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, MCSA
    #18
    I took the CISA in Decemeber and passed. I felt I did as best I could then... and passed in the top 5%. Funny thing is during this exam (CRISC) I was thinking to myself, if I don't pass this one, I will not retake - it's just too subjective. Pretty much echos the feelings in this thread.
    The only resources to study for CRISC are official ISACA books and their question DB. So not much else you can do there.
    The waiting game begins.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Curacao
    Posts
    19

    Certifications
    CISM,PMP,CGEIT,CRISC,CISA,MCSA: Windows server 2012 , MCSE:DATA PLATFORM,ITIL
    #19
    Took the CISM yesterday! Let the waiting game begin, good luck to everyone!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Junior Member pappyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    24

    Certifications
    CISM GISF GSLC
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    I have to agree with some of what is said in this thread, I took the CISM this morning. I felt the exam itself overall wasn't bad but some of the questions were extremely confusing and also unrealistic as far as how things actually work. I almost felt like the practice questions were of better quality than the actual exam.

    I also agree with the testing environment itself. My test center had almost 100 people for the 4 different ISACA exams and the process was very bumpy, paper sign ins, no one could figure out where they were supposed to sit, confusing directions as far as filling out the scan-tron etc. The process itself needs to be improved and I agree it needs to be virtualized to make it all much smoother..

    Anyways, let the waiting begin, we will see how I did. I finished the exam itself in just over 2 hrs and 5 minutes so I was moving through pretty quickly. I read the questions and picked the best answer, some of them I honestly had no idea what they were even asking.

    Good luck to everyone who tested today!
    zxbane, I think you hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph. I also felt the questions were poorly worded, as compared to the Q&A database. It got to the point I was trying to figure out if they were trying to mess you up on purpose, rather than actually testing one's competency of the subject matter. As others said, maybe part of it was the test question writers didn't actually know the subject matter either, or the other explanation was that there was something I completely missed from all my experience, as well as my studying for the exam (unlikely I'd posit). I guess I came out of the exam feeling I still did pretty well, but I was not happy with the exam, as far as the questions. they could have been better.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Posts
    8

    Certifications
    CCNA
    #21
    I took the exam Yesterday (Kenya). I finished about 5 minutes before time. I moved slowly as I was trying to make sense of what the questions were asking.

    The waiting begins
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Member SecMan3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    33
    #22
    I wrote the CRISC, took about 3 hours. It was hard but I'm sure I passed. I base this on the fact that I studied for about 3 months by reading the official manual and I had a subscription to the ISACA question DB.

    I passed the CISA without studying for a single second (speaks to the value of certs) so if I don't pass this after studying so much, I'll be pissed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. EC Council #1 fan colemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tejas, Baby!
    Posts
    1,531

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    #23
    God bless you, I thought the CISA was the hardest exam I have ever taken. I studied the DB questions and review manual for 4-5 months at least an hour of not two every day and when I left I thought I had no chance at passing (in 2011). I know there is no way I would have passed going in blind just on the obscureness of some of the questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    8

    Certifications
    MSC ISM, MCSE, ITIL Foundation
    #24
    I sat for the CISA exam. The first quarter of the questions were terrible, I couldn't figure out what they were asking. Although the question types were similar to those in the DB questions, but the answers were completely bizarre and I answered most of them making guesses. It was like ISACA ran out of questions to ask after all these years, and played around with the wordings and terminology of the answers to trick people to pick the wrong ones.

    Then from the middle to the end of the paper, luckily I found it was OK, and managed to caught up with the time, eventually finished at 15 mins earlier to go through again the uncertain answers. Now the wait begins and hopefully all I need is 450 pts to get through.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16

    Certifications
    PMP, CISA, MASTERS CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
    #25

    Default Sorry if I came across to negative

    After reading the CRISC book; answering the questions; then taking the 400 database question over a 6 week period, I honestly expected to have a pretty solid handle on this exam.

    I went through the same thing on the CISA. I walked out of that test totally demoralized, thinking I had completely failed. I ended up scoring in the top 10-15 %.

    I am am normally a gold test taker, and usually have a good idea of how I did. I literally think I guessed on half the CRISC questions. If I didn't have the CISA EXPERIENCE, I would be sure I didn't pass this one.

    i honestly don't have a clue if I scored 350 or 550. No score would surprise me. I think most of the critical comments are fair. Is this the type of exam ISACA wants? Shouldn't people have a clue how they did?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 234 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks