+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Currently studying for this certificate(i understand it is not a certification) right now. I am new to the IT field but so far its going well. Anyone have any tips for me in general? and how to learn the material for the future exams? Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CISA,CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSXF, CPTE, CNFE, CDFE, ITIL Foundation V3, MCSA, ENSA, CPTC
    It is an exam. online taken from anywhere with online proctor. you need view am for them to monitor u.
    you can purchase the study guide at ISACAa website.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, Sec+
    Bumping this as I just completed the exam today. I used the book and the Cybrary Sec+ videos as study resources.

CSX is not particularly technical. I'd describe it as being able to hold down an intelligent conversation about cybersecurity definitions, threats, and defenses today. A good resource for management, auditors, etc.

CSX-P looks much more technical, but considering the cost I think it'd be more something you got your employer to pay for after you were already hired as a cybersecurity tech.
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF150 View Post
    Bumping this as I just completed the exam today. I used the book and the Cybrary Sec+ videos as study resources.

CSX is not particularly technical. I'd describe it as being able to hold down an intelligent conversation about cybersecurity definitions, threats, and defenses today. A good resource for management, auditors, etc.

CSX-P looks much more technical, but considering the cost I think it'd be more something you got your employer to pay for after you were already hired as a cybersecurity tech.
    The fundamentals exam is a certificate and not a certification. The CSX-P and CSX-S are performance based certifications and will probably trump all the other related certifications once they all go live.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, Sec+
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedymp View Post
    The fundamentals exam is a certificate and not a certification. The CSX-P and CSX-S are performance based certifications and will probably trump all the other related certifications once they all go live.
    The curriculum for CSX-P definitely looks thorough. I imagine it'll hold weight.
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, ITIL-f 2011, MSOS Excel 2010
    ISACA is really starting to push the CSX certifications in most of their media, at least as an ISACA member.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raystafarian View Post
    ISACA is really starting to push the CSX certifications in most of their media, at least as an ISACA member.
    It was at RSA-Conference as well last week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    JNCIS-SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasantiago1987 View Post
    Hi Franz - are you preparing for this exam? have you got the materials?
    Please check here
    CYBERSECURITY FUNDAMENTALS CERTIFICATE FROM ISACA

Rgds
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    ISACA CSX-P already won best professional certification program award by SC Magazine.

ISACA

CSX-S and CSX-E coming soon in a few months. Will certainly be going in for CSX
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+/Project+/HIT, CCSK, MTA: Network/Software Testing/Security/Server, VCA6-DCV, VCA6-NV, HDI: DST/SCA, ISACA CSX-F
    I took this test just a few minutes ago. I'm about 2 or 3 weeks removed from just having taken my Sec+. I've had the study guide for this in my backpack forever, I just never made the time to take the exam since the general reaction to it right now is *shrug*. Anyway, I took the exam because I bought a voucher like six months ago and figured I might as well take it. I scored in the upper 80s. Seems expensive for what you get. ROI at this point is minimal. Glad I did not pay for this with my own money and was just tossing out remaining training funds.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    LFCS, LFCE, eCPPT, eJPT, eMAPT, eNDP, eWPT, HP ATA Networks, HP ATA Connected Devices, HP ATA Servers & Storage, HP ATA Cloud
    Just bought e-book (2nd edition) and exam voucher. Will keep you posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    JNCIS-SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by dkorzhevin View Post
    Just bought e-book (2nd edition) and exam voucher. Will keep you posted.
    Any update, thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    SSCP | ITIL® Foundation 2011 Edition | CIS 27001 LA | CSXF
    hi - how long after the exam do you receive your results?

edit: results are sent immediately
    Last edited by ivandavids; 05-04-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks