+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: CRISC June 2015

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CQIA, A+, Network+
    Good Morning CRISC June 2015 test takers,

I just spoke to ISACA headquarters and they confirmed the test results release date is 8 weeks (Aug 8th) but they are trying to get it out early. I do know the results for Dec 2014 was released Friday at the 7 week mark. Tomorrow is 6 weeks, so not much longer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CISA
    maybe tomorrow??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8octave View Post
    maybe tomorrow??

hope so
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, TOGAF, CISA, CISM
    CISA, CISM announced 2 weeks back on a Friday. Chances are there today or else on Aug 7.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CQIA, A+, Network+
    I called the headquarters again yesterday (got someone different than last time) and got a canned answer '8 weeks', but I know personally the December 2014 results were out in 7 weeks. So am praying it is today close 11am Eastern Time like it was two ago for CISA and CISM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Results are in, got my email a few minutes ago
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buhusky View Post
    Results are in, got my email a few minutes ago
    yay, PASSED Thanks God!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    M.S. Mgt-InfoSys Security |M.S. InfoSec & Assurance | C/CISO | CISM | CISSP | CHFI | CEH | GIAC-G2700 | CCNA-Sec | CCNP-Sec | CCSP| SCNP| MCSA
    Looking to take the CRISC in December - Anyone willing to sell their study materials, who has already taken the exam in June?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Same here...Looking for some study materials and notes that i can buy..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    SABSA SCF
    Hello, looking for the same. If anyone has any to sell please contact me. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi Guys!
    I am gonna appear for the CRISC this June!
    and its freaking me out, I have no resources, my local chapter isnt responding and also I'm confused like HELL!!! :O
    Anybody with suggestions and resources, please help me out here!
    Would be obliged
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, CISA
    I'd recommend the CRISC Q&A Database (https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Page...de=XMXCR14-12M)

I used the ISACA Q&A Database for CISA and like it as a resource to understand the question format and the detailed answer explanations to reinforce the learning.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanks but that I just checked is too expensive. Aren't there any other resources that are comparatively cheaper than ISACA's own resources for prep :/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Lots of security certifications, yet the more I learn, the further I have to go...
    To be honest, IMO, ISACA materials are really the best (and maybe only for some people) way to go for their exams. A lot of studying for them isn't just factual based but getting a "feel" for their questions, and material made by someone else doesn't quite qualify for that. Try to make the cost work!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Yea I guess your right!
    I should put up all the money for that then. How about the manual the the Question and answer kit. Would these two be enough?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    Quote Originally Posted by 636-555-3226 View Post
    To be honest, IMO, ISACA materials are really the best (and maybe only for some people) way to go for their exams. A lot of studying for them isn't just factual based but getting a "feel" for their questions, and material made by someone else doesn't quite qualify for that. Try to make the cost work!!!
    Definitely agree! I just passed in December 2015, I used all 3 books and the question DB and the IT Risk Framework, plus I had almost 4 years of current Risk Management experience.

I thought the exam was very straight forward and easy was done in a little under an hour and half
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizaKhawar View Post
    Yea I guess your right!
    I should put up all the money for that then. How about the manual the the Question and answer kit. Would these two be enough?
    if you are only getting two of the 4, get the manual and the online db, and you can download the IT Risk Framework from ISACA for free
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    Hello jcundiff,

Quick question: How many pages does the CRISC book contain? It looks thinner than the CISA book. Does it contain enough information to be able to answer the online db?

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonx View Post
    Hello jcundiff,

Quick question: How many pages does the CRISC book contain? It looks thinner than the CISA book. Does it contain enough information to be able to answer the online db?

Thanks!
    I used the CISA for Dummy's book, so I can't compare it to the official CISA, but I can (roughly) compare it to some others.

2014 CGEIT - 182
    2013 CRISC - 426
    2015 CISM - 274

On a side note, I have the CRISC book open right now as I lead our CISO through the creation of a risk register (or two). I find it more helpful in day-to-day activities than the rest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, CEH, CCNP-S & DC, CCNA V/W, VCP-NV, VCA, CHFI, MCSA, CNDA, S+ Cloud+ N+ P+ Linux+, NCLA, CIW Sec, Android ATC, ITILv3
    How much did that run you?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonx View Post
    Hello jcundiff,

Thanks!
    2015 objectives was shortened significantly from the 2013... the 2015 Manual is only 150 pages. How much you can answer in the question DB with the manual, the majority of it and the DB is designed as a study tool as well providing details on why the wrong answers are wrong and the right answers are right. Definitely use the db, on budget I would suggest a minimum of the manual, the DB, and a copy of the IT Risk Framework (free download from ISACA)
    Last edited by jcundiff; 02-20-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks