+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, MCITP, MCSA 2012

Default Difference between CISM and CISSP

I would like to ask anyone who may know the difference between CISM and CISSP certificates. I am an IT Internal Auditor with CISA and I am wondering whether I can do CISM or CISSP, anyone with advise kindly help me to do my choice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC
    Don't intend to be mean but please just do a basic search.

CISM vs CISSP
    CISM vs. CISSP: What's the true value?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Lots of security certifications, yet the more I learn, the further I have to go...
    If you want to be a manager or are a manger then do CISM. If you want to be general security do CISSP. I typically recommend people do CISSP first. All of this, of course, only matters if you meet their requirements for the certifications. Do you already meet those?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, MCITP, MCSA 2012
    If you want to be a manager or are a manger then do CISM. If you want to be general security do CISSP. I typically recommend people do CISSP first. All of this, of course, only matters if you meet their requirements for the certifications. Do you already meet those?

I am an IT auditor, I also audit security of information systems, but no other domain of CISSP I have worked in so far. So I think that I do not meet requirements for CISSP certification.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks