+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CRISC, PRINCE2
    Passed with a 524. This was my second attempt having got 423 in Dec. I rushed my revision first time through and went on a pretty poor revision course. This time I started earlier - about 4/5 weeks out and went on a better revision course (organised through ISACA, using BCS in London). Luckily for me my company covered the costs involved, but the BCS course is relatively inexpensive. I used the Q&A DB (went through around 2000 question attempts) and glanced at the review manual but nothing more.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, OSCP, CRT, CFIP, CSTA, CSTP, CIIP, CASP, SEC+, VCP, Prince2, MCP
    Congrats everyone. I originally taught that if you held a previous ISACA cert such as CISM, then the application for CRISC was a given but that doesn't seem to be the case. So is it a full application, CV and endorsement as previous certs were?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    @mostlyethical, yes CV/resume and endorsement
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, OSCP, CRT, CFIP, CSTA, CSTP, CIIP, CASP, SEC+, VCP, Prince2, MCP
    Thanks @jcundiff. I think there are enough similarities between the 4 certs that a previous recent application should at least count for something but it is what it is. I should just be happy with the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CEH / CISSP / CRISC
    Hi guys, a somewhat disappointed Brit here....Did the CRISC in London in June 2016 - I found this exam completely got me.

I'm pretty used to exams all my life, from University and Professional exams, and have nailed CISSP with 97% in two hours.

One of my strengths is objectivity, I know what I know, and am pretty comfortable predicting my exam results based on "I know X and Y is right, and Z was a guess" and you get a feel for when it's a fail, Solid pass, a good pass, or when you are sailing.

I came out of the CRISC completely drained...It was an abomination of an exam, I had put 60hrs of self study in, and have 14 years working in IS / Cyber and Risk with my current role working in the RISK Directorate at a financial institution. I had done the test papers, and had bought the official ISACA books and exams.

Being brutally honest I'm not used to failing these things but I had a feeling in my gut, that this was a fail or weak pass. Being subjective, i felt it was not about proving Knowledge, it was about trying to catch out people. I have never sat exam with a question that was identical was asked 3 times, but each time had 4 different multiple guess answers.

It felt at times that you weren't answering the question, as giving the "Least Worst Answer"....

It's a bit like 2+2 = a, 5 b, 7 c, 9 d, 11 and the logic is that it's a,5 because it's the closest to 4.

As the study materials and sample exam papers were so far off base, I'm concerned that ISACA has burned it's relationshop with me, because I really don't fancy giving up another "SATURDAY" to go and do another hatchet job of an exam.

I was close to the 450 pass mark, but I just don't fancy doing it again?

Congratulations to those who passed, you managed to decrypt the questions well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC
    Quote Originally Posted by mwnciboo View Post

As the study materials and sample exam papers were so far off base, I'm concerned that ISACA has burned it's relationshop with me, because I really don't fancy giving up another "SATURDAY" to go and do another hatchet job of an exam.

Congratulations to those who passed, you managed to decrypt the questions well.
    I have to agree with you here. Prep material didnt help at all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    I am a non-native English speaker and did CISA three years ago with a score of 620, and now in June I passed CRISC with a score of 599. This time around I read the review book once (three hours) and then practiced using the online database until I got all questions correct. This took about ten hours. Many things in the material were familiar from CISA but in the exam itself not so much.

The test itself I found had little to do with the practice materials. Lots of pointless trick questions where you just had to guess. Finished the exam in two hours but was absolutely exhausted afterwards. Worst thing, though, was that I had no gut feeling of whether it was a fail or pass.

I work in internal audit and have about ten years of IS experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcundiff View Post
    @mostlyethical, yes CV/resume and endorsement
    I've read through the instructions, and they're not very clear. So to ensure I understand this correctly, we have to submit a copy of our resume with the application?

And when you say endorsement, you're referring to the part of the application which needs to be signed by a superior to "verify" relevant work experience, correct?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by shaanp92; 07-27-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    On a side note, ISACA is literally like the DMV. Every process is a total pain, waits are incredibly long, it costs money, but we have no choice.

Want to take the CRISC? Only two annual exam dates.
    Took the CRISC? 8 week wait for results.
    Want to be certified? Fill out painful PDF application, oh and don't forget the $50 "processing fee".
    Managed to submit painful PDF application for certification? Another 8 week wait.

Jeez, can these people make anything easy? I was hoping at least the application would be online, instead of a PDF.. What's the excuse there? And they're charging a $50 "processing fee" the least they can do is speed up the process!

But hey, at the DMV at least you get what you need on the same day. So I think the DMV has ISACA beat.
    Last edited by shaanp92; 07-27-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CEH
    No need to submit your CV. Just the signed employer verification copies, your application form and the $50 processing fee.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CRISC, CISA, ISO 27001 LA, Splunk Power User 6.3
    Congratulations to all those who passed CRISC

I am planning to give CRISC this December and bought Review Manual from ISACA. I would like to know what is the difference between Questions & Answers Manual and Online DB. Online DB seems too expensive, is it worth buying?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS-MGE | MS-MGA | CISSP | HCISPP | CGEIT | CRISC | CISM | CISA | FLMI | ATP
    The online DB has progress and targeted question capabilities. You enter the test date, # of days/week you plan on studying, and it tells you the hours per day needed and tracks total study time - obviously this is a simple calculation, but it's nice to see it being tracked. Then you can target missed last time seen questions or frequently missed 'trouble' questions (something like that, don't quote me on it).

You can also focus on specific domains (which you can do in the book as well), they just make it easier. The online gives two options for question review - # of questions or amount of time; e.g. 10, 20, 30, 50... questions or 10, 20, 30, 60 minutes of test questions (again, don't quote me on the exact process). Lastly, you can take practice exams of 125 questions (200 questions for CISA / CISM), which is very helpful if you haven't taken an ISACA exam.

As for results, I took the CISM, CISA, and CRISC using the online DB and scored top 10%, top 5%, top 10% respectively. On the other hand, I just took the CGEIT, which as of my taking this past June 2016, didn't have an online option; I scored top 5% on that exam.

My recommendation, if it's your first ISACA exam, get the online DB. If you've previously taken an ISACA test or are familiar with similar tests (like CISSP) then the manual alone may do the trick. Actually, I see you have CISA; if the manual worked before it will work for CRISC.

Hope that helps and good luck.

PS - as a side note, I highly recommend a study group / partner; I did that for the CISM & CISA and my study partner scored the same ranking as me
    Last edited by JazzPilot56; 08-01-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    CRISC, CISA, ISO 27001 LA, Splunk Power User 6.3
    Thank you for your response. Yes, i got through CISA with Review Manual only, Didn't buy QnA manual also as i was giving the exam for the first time and took my chances. I got most of the concepts clear, and this helped me answering the questions in CISA exam. I will consider your inputs for CRISC now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC
    This is by far the most difficult ISACA test i've taken!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS-MGE | MS-MGA | CISSP | HCISPP | CGEIT | CRISC | CISM | CISA | FLMI | ATP
    None of them are easy for sure, but agreed that CRISC was the most challenging of the four (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzPilot56 View Post
    None of them are easy for sure, but agreed that CRISC was the most challenging of the four (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT).
    You think so? I am planning to take the CISM next, not sure how I feel about 200 questions though, I could barely get through 150 for the CRISC.. left the testing room with a fried brain.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member
    jcundiff, sorry I took so long to get back to you. My background/experience: Masters degree in IS, 8 years network administration experience, 10 years IT Audit experience, Cisco and Microsoft certified.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CISM, PMP, ITIL, CDCP, CCNA, MCSE, CCA, CNA, A+
    Ever worst exam, very difficult english for non-native, most of the content i didnt see in any of the materials it studied.

At your request (per your exam registration authorization), this email is being sent to notify you of your June 2016 CRISC exam result. A scaled score of 450 or higher is required to pass, which represents the minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA's CRISC Certification Working Group.

We are sorry to inform you that you were not successful in passing the CRISC exam. You received a total scaled score of 433. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks