+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Thread: CRISC Dec 2016

1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Passed! Didnt do as well as I did on the CISA in June...but who cares!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member Montezuma's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CISSP
    Congratulations Natalie - you should give yourself a massive pat on the shoulder - passing CRISC the first time is a great achievement as it is one of the tougher exams. Are you looking to do the CISA or CISM next? Now that you have told me that I am going to be checking my inbox every five minutes. Good luck everyone - see you all on the other side.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    I passed too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member Montezuma's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CISSP
    Well done ThrilloftheHunt and maxrev. My results have not arrived yet. I am getting nervous now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I passed the exam on my first try!! My mark was in the top 20%. I actually walked out of the room thinking I failed. Wow .... I'm in happy shock. 😊😊
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Results are in! Congrats to all those who passed!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member Montezuma's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CISSP
    I just found out that I have passed! Wow! This calls for a little celebration - this is Friday-eve after all. Good luck to you all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    C***, C****, C**, PA ACE, Qualys, ZCCP
    I passed my CRISC in first attempt too !!!! yay!! what a feeling .. after I left that exam room on Dec 10 ...
    So relieved!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Passed! Top 20%. Does anyone know what the denominator was...like 20% of how many?? At any rate, I will admit I just missed last time and brought my score up significantly in each domain. In one sense the extra year of study (skipped june due to work load) has really helped me understand the material -- which, I suppose is the point anyway. Passing is nice but the learning and understanding is what matters.
    Last edited by jtkuhlman; 01-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    Congratulations Natalie - you should give yourself a massive pat on the shoulder - passing CRISC the first time is a great achievement as it is one of the tougher exams. Are you looking to do the CISA or CISM next? Now that you have told me that I am going to be checking my inbox every five minutes. Good luck everyone - see you all on the other side.
    Saw that you passed, too! Congrats - and I'll be celebrating, too on Friday eve I aced the controls section and just did fair on the other three. I think it saved me, but funny thing is that is what I thought was my weakest area!

I'm not planning on the CISA or CISM right now. I'll just be happy with this right now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Default Thanks God. I passed

CISM, CISA, CRISC

THANKS God.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    M.S. Mgt-InfoSys Security |M.S. InfoSec & Assurance | C/CISO | CISM | CISSP | CHFI | CEH | GIAC-G2700 | CCNA-Sec | CCNP-Sec | CCSP| SCNP| MCSA
    Got my results also - I passed. I thought I failed the exam...Whew....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CISM, Sec+
    in my exam room of like 50, there was maybe 2 that took the CRISC ?

is that about right? not many take this exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC
    These ISACA exams are something else.

I took the June 2016 CISA, finished in about 75 minutes and walked out of there indifferent. I did not feel too optimistic that I had passed, but I also did not think I had failed. I ended up passing. For the CISA, I only used the ISACA questions database.

I took the December 2016 CRISC, finished in about an hour. For this exam, I put in a bit more effort than I did for the CISA and actually read the study guide along with going through the ISACA database questions. I left the test location feeling great and even had illusions of possibly being in the top 5% once the results came out. Well, like many, I received my results today and my CRISC score is 100 points less than it was for the CISA, I did miserably in two of the four areas, did great on the other two.

Go figure.

I may do one more ISACA exam, the CISM, but definitely going to sit for the CISSP next.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeisgood View Post

I think there were about 8-10 of us taking the CRISC at my location - had about 50 or more in the room there, too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member
    @Auditdude - doesnt compare the CPA, thats really a crapshoot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Took the CRISC in Kansas City area. Of the 50 or so in the room, I think there were only about 5-8 CRISC (or "Chrisk" as the proctors called it...) tops.

That being said, how are people getting the placement percentages? It wasn't listed in either my email, nor online.

Training: Several years as a "risk practitioner", but the only exam prep I did was to attend a CRISC "boot camp" the week of the exam. Did fairly poor in two categories, and somewhat ok in the other two. Passed with a 485.

I suppose at that low of a score, one should be content just to have passed, but I am curious if they only post percentages if you score at 20% or higher.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Indeed they only tell you if you were in the top 20, 10, 5 or so %.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueJD View Post
    Took the CRISC in Kansas City area. Of the 50 or so in the room, I think there were only about 5-8 CRISC (or "Chrisk" as the proctors called it...) tops.
    That would have drove me nuts. Our proctor spelled it out each time C-R-I-S-C. *sigh* I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that it didn't have it on mine either and I was right there with you on the score.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member
    So now I have CGEIT and CRISC from ISACA (many others) so I wonder about next steps. To be fair, with my CGEIT in 2012 I would say it has opened zero doors -- nor has ITIL expert or PgMP for that matter...There's little question that multiple certs don't add value for money -- but I would argue the lifecycle knowledge across these frameworks IS valuable to organizations, but I fear that's just what I tell myself. For me, I just like learning and understanding and the certs are just evidence of the work. I doubt anyone one here could prove that the cert itself got them a different, better, or more interesting job?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeisgood View Post

yeah the typical ISACA test site will run

CISA - 80%
    CSIM - 10%
    CRISC - 3.5%
    CGEIT - 1.5%

its a higher level cert than the CISA in reality and there are more auditors than risk management types
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member

Certifications
    MSIS, BSIS, CISSP, CRISC, CCSP, CCSK, Security+, Network+
    Well, I'm glad the wait is finally over. Passed CRISC. Time to start the paperwork.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CRISC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus_tech View Post
    CISM, CISA, CRISC
    THANKS God.
    I hear ya, brother. Same here, in exactly the same order. Except that I don't think "HE" had anything to do about it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member
    Fail...

Surprised in a way as I'd cleared CISM and CISA in the two previous exam windows.

Not sure if I'll bother redoing CRISC, I'd lined CISSP up next so should probably stick with that

Congrats to all those who did pass 😎
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks