+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last
Results 26 to 50 of 69
  1. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,324

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #26
    Congrats SecurityGuru23! Man, after knocking out the ISACA trio, CISSP should be CAKE.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    40

    Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    #27
    Congrats SecurityGuru23! Can I ask what you usually scored when you practiced with the DB questions online from ISACA? Thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #28
    @JoJoCAL19,

    Thanks! However, I don't know about that. I've attempted the CISSP multiple times a few years ago without any success (660 hightest score) and was so frustrated and was on the verge of giving up certs all together. Then I decided to give ISACA certs a try and see how it goes, if anything I'll circle back to the CISSP. Fortunately, I did fairly well on ISACA certs, but CISSP is another animal, atleast for me it is.

    Back on the CISSP journey after 2 years, may God be with me because I it's almost like only with God's blessing will I ever defeat this 800 pound gorilla. We'll see what happens in a few months... Good luck on the CISA!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #29
    @ tphan3,

    Thanks! I got 70-85 on most of my practice questions i all the domains. Try to also do 1-2 practice exams just to see how well you do as your final review. Try to understand the concepts is key to being successful in passing the exam. Hope this helps and good luck!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    88
    #30
    Congratulations @SecurityGuru23. The information share is very valuable as I have the CISM next on my list. Currently working on CISSP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    89
    #31
    i'm plan to take CRISC exam in June 2017,
    i just want to know the CRISC QAE is worth or not for exam?
    since i have plan to just learn from QAE day by day ..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    21

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by vynx View Post
    i'm plan to take CRISC exam in June 2017,
    i just want to know the CRISC QAE is worth or not for exam?
    since i have plan to just learn from QAE day by day ..
    The manual is quite dry - read it just once. Now my focus is on QAE - went through all questions, now I am re-taking them.
    I have the exam next Monday. Fingers crossed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    54

    Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    #33
    Congratulations @SecurityGuru23 really surprised about your journey for CISSP , but i believe after getting 3 ISACA certs you are also a completely different candidate and hopefully will clear CISSP too this time , CISM is my next target and your story has given me so much confidence

    thanks for sharing your experience
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #34
    @ Asiru77,

    Thanks! The CISSP really messed up my mentality during that time, I felt defeated and just about every shitty feeling under the sun that you can name. This time around, I plan on really studying and learning the materials and not rush through anything before I attempt to retake it again.

    Hopefully with my hardwork, dedication along with God's blessing, I will finally pass this time around...

    As for the CISM, I've used soley the DB online questions from ISACA and nothing else. Aim for 75-90% for all domains, take 1-2 practice exams and you should be fine when exam time comes.

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12
    #35
    @SecurityGuru23

    Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience. I would also agree with you that CISA was the most difficult from CISM from my experience. I plan on taking CRISC also in June but was not sure if I needed to study CRM along with CRISC DB.

    Thanks

    Sonu
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #36
    @ Sonu7007,

    Thanks! I'm not sure about others that have passed the CRISC, as for me, I've only used the CRISC DB questions from ISACA and nothing else. However, this is not recommended, as some that took the CRISC (in another thread) has mentioned that the exam was extremely difficult for them but experience and miles vary so it's differenet for everyone. This worked for me but might not work for you, vice versa. Hope this helps and good luck!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #37
    @ pinksj,

    Thanks! Good luck on both CISM/CISSP. I myself is also currently studying for the CISSP, best luck to the both of us!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2
    #38

    Default How Much

    @Securityguru, what % were you scoring on the CRISC DBA questions before you took the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1

    Certifications
    CISA, CISM, CRISC, CAP
    #39
    I passed CRISC today on first attempt and I solely studied the Q&A database. The database questions however might not be sufficient to succeed as I noticed there are many questions beyond the domains of the database. The questions are from everything "Risk Related". While at it, I recollected seen risk related questions from CISA & CISM Q&A. You just have to read widely. If you have the field experience you should be fine with just the database Q.

    For me, the questions are straight to the point. But I know everyone might differ on that. The exam center was nothing to write home about. They aren't prepared at all. My station lost connection about 3 times lasting over an hour in total. In all, it wasn't a bad experience.

    I hope this helps. I've been reading on this platform for a while. I decided to sign up to share my CRISC experience as I have been combing here the past few days without seeing anything tangible.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #40
    @ Craps_shooter,

    I was hitting about 75-90% consistently before taking the exam.

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    40

    Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    #41
    @SecurityGuru23

    I am currently working on my DB questions. Do you recommend the adaptive learning mode for practice? Did you get your 75-90% score on new questions only? Thank you so much.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    54

    Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    #42
    i passed CISM yesterday my assessment is , i knew for most of CISSP exam what i am doing and and was sure that i am going to pass , in CISM most of questions were like the analogy of which come first ? an egg or chicken and i was not sure till end this i will pass although i was confident so i believe it totally depends upon past experience and background that which exam we feel is hard for us and there is no hard and fast rule


    Quote Originally Posted by SecurityGuru23 View Post
    @ Sonu7007,

    I just got back from the PSI testing center, happy to say that I did managed to pass the CRISC exam (1st attempt - Thank you God!). For those whom have taken an exam at either Pearson Vue/Prometric, it's similar set up/environment except you can bring a drink inside with you.

    I've only used the DB questions online from ISACA to study and leveraged all of my experience/knowledge I acquired from other certs. I was done in 2 hours 1/2, took the remaining time to do a final review before hitting submit. Some questions were straightforward, others you had to do a process of elimination, and some were simply a guessing game.

    Received "you provisionally passed the CRISC examination". Out of all three (CISA/CISM/CRISC), I have to admit, CISA was the hardest out of the bunch IMO but I'm sure that's up for debate. I'm just happy and relieved that it's over and now I can start studying for the CISSP!

    Happy Monday and Good luck everyone!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    54

    Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberMarshall View Post
    I passed CRISC today on first attempt and I solely studied the Q&A database. The database questions however might not be sufficient to succeed as I noticed there are many questions beyond the domains of the database. The questions are from everything "Risk Related". While at it, I recollected seen risk related questions from CISA & CISM Q&A. You just have to read widely. If you have the field experience you should be fine with just the database Q.

    For me, the questions are straight to the point. But I know everyone might differ on that. The exam center was nothing to write home about. They aren't prepared at all. My station lost connection about 3 times lasting over an hour in total. In all, it wasn't a bad experience.

    I hope this helps. I've been reading on this platform for a while. I decided to sign up to share my CRISC experience as I have been combing here the past few days without seeing anything tangible.

    congratulation and thanks for sharing
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,324

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by tphan3 View Post
    @SecurityGuru23

    I am currently working on my DB questions. Do you recommend the adaptive learning mode for practice? Did you get your 75-90% score on new questions only? Thank you so much.
    I started out doing adaptive for CISM but I think it wastes too much time. I started just doing custom exam for one domain at a time. Did "new questions" until I had attempted all. Then re-did only the ones I got wrong. Doing the same for CISA now.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    40

    Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    #45
    @JoJoCal19

    Thank you. Since I only have less than 2 weeks, that is what I have been doing these days. However, I am not sure if I can pass the exam when every time I attempted a set of totally new 100 questions, I only got around 73%. Adaptive learning is much easier to get above 85% since I already know the answers, so I don't think it would be a good indicator. I mean I read and understand all those explanations I got wrong, but there are still questions I could not wrap my head around. I feel like for some questions, I need more details to answer correctly. Indeed, some questions themselves do not contain the details needed, but the explanations imply I should know them when I read the questions. Does it make sense? Does 450 over 800 equal to 70%?
    Last edited by tphan3; 05-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Member SecurityGuru23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Va
    Posts
    43

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by tphan3 View Post
    @SecurityGuru23

    I am currently working on my DB questions. Do you recommend the adaptive learning mode for practice? Did you get your 75-90% score on new questions only? Thank you so much.
    What worked for me:

    -I made sure I've completed/reviewed ALL the questions from all 4 domains with 100% completion
    -Understand WHY you got it wrong and WHY you got it right
    -Googled terms and concepts that I didn't know and/or had issues with understanding and read about them in greater detail online
    -Continue tackling ALL of the questions that you kept getting wrong and try to really focus on the "WHY" you got it wrong
    -Took 1-2 practice exams and pretend it's the actual exam

    Hope this helps and good luck!

    -SG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    21

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation
    #47
    woohoo CRISC passed as well. a lot of Business Continuity questions but i was somehow expecting that.
    Read the book once, went through all DB questions and i also watched the Cybrary videos.
    There was this tip i had from the Cybrary videos: when you see talking about cost-benefit analysis through the answers, most of the time that's your answer .
    Passing the CISA in December surely helped.
    Last edited by Distord; 05-22-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,324

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by tphan3 View Post
    @JoJoCal19

    Thank you. Since I only have less than 2 weeks, that is what I have been doing these days. However, I am not sure if I can pass the exam when every time I attempted a set of totally new 100 questions, I only got around 73%. Adaptive learning is much easier to get above 85% since I already know the answers, so I don't think it would be a good indicator. I mean I read and understand all those explanations I got wrong, but there are still questions I could not wrap my head around. I feel like for some questions, I need more details to answer correctly. Indeed, some questions themselves do not contain the details needed, but the explanations imply I should know them when I read the questions. Does it make sense? Does 450 over 800 equal to 70%?
    For what it's worth, I scored low to mid 70s on my QAE DB. I passed the CISM with a scaled score of 606 after two weeks.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2
    #49
    Just took the CRISC. Read part of the manual in late April and didn't finish it as I lost the book. Reminder of the time I spent doing database questions having read on here the book isn't as important.

    I finished all the questions and re-did them several times. I took quite a few of the practice exams scoring over 90%.

    The exam took me 2 and a half hours or so as I took my time. Went through all questions for a final review before submitting with 30 mins to go.

    Got a provisional pass at the end so am delighted. This is my first exam of this type. I assume a provisional pass like this is unlikely to be incorrect?!?!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,324

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by rams1981 View Post
    Just took the CRISC. Read part of the manual in late April and didn't finish it as I lost the book. Reminder of the time I spent doing database questions having read on here the book isn't as important.

    I finished all the questions and re-did them several times. I took quite a few of the practice exams scoring over 90%.

    The exam took me 2 and a half hours or so as I took my time. Went through all questions for a final review before submitting with 30 mins to go.

    Got a provisional pass at the end so am delighted. This is my first exam of this type. I assume a provisional pass like this is unlikely to be incorrect?!?!
    Congrats rams!! Was the actual exam just like the QAE database?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks