+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Jax, correct I would not get the review manual. Get the QAE DB and pound that.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA(Security/Data Center), PCNSE 7, MCITP: Exchange 2010
    I'm a little late but congrats JoJoCal
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCIE (R&S, SP), JNCIE, CISSP, VCP-NV, AWS CSA
    Thanks and congrats on passing. I may try to get this done before the June window opens. I did not realize the testing was only done in "windows".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi All,

I gave my exam on 1st June, and after completing it said Preliminary passed , I assume I passed, but still I have doubt because ISACA scale at 200 to 800 , so will it be like if I get minimum 200 that screen will show Preliminary passed, or if I get minimum passing marks 450 only then it show pass?

did anyone check this thing with ISACA?

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiva773 View Post
    Hi All,

I gave my exam on 1st June, and after completing it said Preliminary passed , I assume I passed, but still I have doubt because ISACA scale at 200 to 800 , so will it be like if I get minimum 200 that screen will show Preliminary passed, or if I get minimum passing marks 450 only then it show pass?

did anyone check this thing with ISACA?

I recently sent an email to ISACA regarding the "Pass" result. They said if you get a "Pass" result, it means you passed the exam. So you officially passed the exam and will get the same result in detail 10 days later. Not sure about the "Preliminary passed," but the answer I got from them was that "preliminary results are valid."
    Last edited by 1Sep1969; 06-05-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    I used the DB of questions only - no manual. Scored 606 (result came in last Sat via email). I guess it depends on your background. However I think focus on the DB questions.

What I did was go through all of them once - made notes on concepts I got wrong and revised them - attempted the DB questions and practice paper again and was good as gold
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    I started to use the RM first, but quit after getting through like 20 pages of the first chapter. It's too tough of a read, and that's coming from someone who can usually power through dry material. So I switched to only using the online QAE database. I used that for a little over two weeks.
    First of all, congrats on the passed. So you only used the QAE database for little over two weeks but the subscription is for one year. I've heard somewhere that your access is connected to your ISACA account so it's not transferable. So can you ask for a refund for not finishing the one year subscription? Why don't ISACA offer a much shorter subscription period anyways?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonx View Post
    First of all, congrats on the passed. So you only used the QAE database for little over two weeks but the subscription is for one year. I've heard somewhere that your access is connected to your ISACA account so it's not transferable. So can you ask for a refund for not finishing the one year subscription? Why don't ISACA offer a much shorter subscription period anyways?
    I believe somewhere during checking out, there is a line that says this product is non-refundable. I would want a shorter subscription too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation
    They also offer a cheaper 6 month subscription.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP
    I don't see a 6 month subscription. You can buy a 12 month subscription and a 6 month extension. However, you can't buy a 6 month subscription. You have to start with the 12 month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation
    You are right. My bad
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CISM Exam in 2 days!

Hey All,

Do you think the questions in the test were similar to the QAE DB or is that just a way to refresh all the concepts?
    Are questions any wayt similar to the ISACA's free test?
    CISM Self-Assessment Exam

Thanks for your response!

Adi
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks