+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA

Default CISM Exam Passed!

I just got back from the testing center and provisionally passed the CISM exam. Of course got the standard "official results will be emailed within 10 business days" disclaimer. Cleared the exam in 1.5 hours.

My prep consisted of ditching the review manual halfway through the first chapter and buying the QAE DB. I started with 30 question adaptive learning exams each day for about the first week or so. I spent the past week pounding away at the questions, trying to do 100-150 a day. I ended up with my overall score in the QAE DB in the mid-70s, with the 1st domain my weakest at just under 70%.

I'm definitely glad that ISACA moved to the CBT format. I'm moving on to the CISA which I'm targeting for May 31st. I'm going to get the review manual and QAE DB as my manager lets me use my corp card for them, but I'll probably just use the QAE DB and use the RM for reviewing weak areas.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+ : A+ : Security+ : eJPT : Life+
    Congratulations!
    Booya!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    Congratulations! I am doing the opposite. I will be taking CISA first on June 3rd and CISM on June 23rd. Did you use any other books or just the RM for the preparation of CISM? How long did it take you to prepare for the exam? Thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tphan3 View Post
    Congratulations! I am doing the opposite. I will be taking CISA first on June 3rd and CISM on June 23rd. Did you use any other books or just the RM for the preparation of CISM? How long did it take you to prepare for the exam? Thank you
    I started to use the RM first, but quit after getting through like 20 pages of the first chapter. It's too tough of a read, and that's coming from someone who can usually power through dry material. So I switched to only using the online QAE database. I used that for a little over two weeks.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member YuckTheFankees's Avatar

Certifications
    A few..
    Congrats on the pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNA R&S/Sec, VCP5-DCV, MCSE CP&I, ITIL Foundation, A+, N+, S+
    Congrats!
    Up next: CCNA Cyber Ops, VCP6-DCV, CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISSP, SSCP, Security + CE
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    I just got back from the testing center and provisionally passed the CISM exam. Of course got the standard "official results will be emailed within 10 business days" disclaimer. Cleared the exam in 1.5 hours.

My prep consisted of ditching the review manual halfway through the first chapter and buying the QAE DB. I started with 30 question adaptive learning exams each day for about the first week or so. I spent the past week pounding away at the questions, trying to do 100-150 a day. I ended up with my overall score in the QAE DB in the mid-70s, with the 1st domain my weakest at just under 70%.

I'm definitely glad that ISACA moved to the CBT format. I'm moving on to the CISA which I'm targeting for May 31st. I'm going to get the review manual and QAE DB as my manager lets me use my corp card for them, but I'll probably just use the QAE DB and use the RM for reviewing weak areas.
    Congrats!

I'm scoring between 75-85 on the practice questions now after starting stronger. I'm glad to see that was enough to get you through. Would you say the QAE DB questions are similar? Did you feel prepared? +Is there anything about being in the top 5, 10, 20% anymore?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CISM, SSCP, CEHv8, FITSP-A, CCSK, ITIL v3, Security+, Network+, A+
    Congrats Jojocal19! If you can pass the CISSP, the rest is well... the rest...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CISM, Sec+
    congrads on the pass

for the CISM & CISA,
    use the official online Q&A database!
    there really is no substitute

the "official" manuals really really dry
    maybe helpful if you wanted to look something up but your time is better spent on the online Q&A database.
    pound that out until you have gone thru all the questions & you will do fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member
    Congratulations on the pass and all the best for the next cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    Congratulations! I hope to join the CISM club this year as well. Hopefully I have enough brain cells that can handle the task after just completing GCIA.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    Congratulations and goodluck for CISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    OSCP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, MCSA 2008, MCSE 2003: Security, MCDST, MCP, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA
    Congratulations! I had the same experience with the CISA RM - I ended up just getting the AIO off of Amazon and the Q&A DB from ISACA.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, MCSA:2008, MCITP:SA, MCTS x 4, MCSE W2K, MCSE: Security, MCSA W2K, MCSA: Security, MCP x Alot, Security +, ACIS, ACSS

Curious to see your results for the CISA using the d/b. I used the d/b for my CISM last year (same thing as you, started the book, fell asleep went to the d/b and passed). I'm planning to do the CISA next year when I head back to the US and will probably use the d/b again.
    CISSP | CISM | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS | ACIS | ACSS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Do they give you a score or just pass/fail until the final result is in?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Clm

Certifications
    CISSP | ITIL |AWS-CCP|CompTIA A+ | LINUX+ | LPIC-1 |
    JOJo how prepared did you feel? I have the database questions but im struggling to get through the manual is my problem
    Some say motivation doesn't last, Neither does taking a bath that's why you must do it daily

2017 Goals: AWS-CA

Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cfirsten View Post
    Do they give you a score or just pass/fail until the final result is in?
    Nope, no score. It just says PASSED. Official report will be emailed within 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Clm View Post
    JOJo how prepared did you feel? I have the database questions but im struggling to get through the manual is my problem
    I felt decently prepared. Not as prepared as I wanted to be though, but I felt good going in that I was going to pass. I ditched the manual like 20 or so pages in. I averaged in the mid 70s in the QAE DB.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, CCNP, Sec+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by EJMADELINE View Post
    Congrats!

I'm scoring between 75-85 on the practice questions now after starting stronger. I'm glad to see that was enough to get you through. Would you say the QAE DB questions are similar? Did you feel prepared? +Is there anything about being in the top 5, 10, 20% anymore?
    I felt pretty well prepared, could have been more, but I felt I could pass. There was nothing in the immediate result as far as percentile, or a score. Yes, the actual questions are just like the ones in the QAE DB, meaning they are set up the same and of the same difficulty. At least for me they were.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Forgot to post, got my official email on Wednesday and passed with a scaled score of 606. Not too bad at all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello, JoJoCal19

Do they show the PASSED/NOT PASSED or PASSED/ FAILED on the screen when you finished the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member
    Nice score - well done.

They only say if you have passed or not based on the answers provided. Actual results are emailed to you 10 working days later.

Hope this helps everyone concerned.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    Quote Originally Posted by cazza View Post
    Hello, JoJoCal19

Do they show the PASSED/NOT PASSED or PASSED/ FAILED on the screen when you finished the exam?
    yes it shows pass/fail with 10 days for official results
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCIE (R&S, SP), JNCIE, CISSP, VCP-NV, AWS CSA
    Nope, no score. It just says PASSED. Official report will be emailed within 10 days.

I felt decently prepared. Not as prepared as I wanted to be though, but I felt good going in that I was going to pass. I ditched the manual like 20 or so pages in. I averaged in the mid 70s in the QAE DB.
    JoJo - so in retrospect you would save the money and not buy the manual? or did you use it ad-hoc when you got answers wrong from the DB? Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks