+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP

Default CISM Study - Cybrary CISM Study Materials

Currently studying for CISM, scheduled to take in Dec. I've been focusing primarily on the ISACA db questions and answers.
    For my CISSP I found Kelly H.'s CISSP resources on Cybrary.it very helpful. Due to time constraints curious if anyone used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them helpful. Currently only scoring in the 64% range on the ISACA db questions and cannot seem to score higher.
    Thoughts?
    Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    I just passed in September and I only used ISACA's material (manual and db).
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    Questions are way to slimy, vague to pass by looking at just videos. I think we need 70% and above in practice tests to get close to reasonable confidence level
    Quote Originally Posted by lwhite81 View Post
    Currently studying for CISM, scheduled to take in Dec. I've been focusing primarily on the ISACA db questions and answers.
    For my CISSP I found Kelly H.'s CISSP resources on Cybrary.it very helpful. Due to time constraints curious if anyone used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them helpful. Currently only scoring in the 64% range on the ISACA db questions and cannot seem to score higher.
    Thoughts?
    Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    GWAPT, GSEC, Associate of (ISC)2, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    Did you read the official book? Only focusing on the question DB is ok...if you have exposure to a lot of the topics...if you don't have significant exposure (for example being able to narrow down the majority of questions to two answers), then you will definitely need to use additional resources.

I would look at which domains you are doing poorly in, read the domains in the official book, and watch videos. Obviously if you are doing poor in all domains, you will need to review everything.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    Just make sure you attempt every question and read the explanations.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by lwhite81 View Post
    I'm also preparing to sit for the exam come December. In my opinion, if you've used Kelly's CISSP resource on Cybrary, chances are you will notice similarities on her approach and discussions where topics overlap, but nevertheless, I would say it is still useful as she provided more info / depth on certain areas (e.g., incident management). It's a pity though that the downloadable MP3s are not available unlike in the CISSP and CASP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM
    I used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them to be very good. I also used the ISACA DB for test questions. I passed my CISSP in April and my CISM in September. If you passed your CISSP recently, then using the CISM Cybrary resources and the ISACA DB should be enough for you to pass provided you hit the DB hard.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbdudek View Post
    provided you hit the DB hard.
    ...means do the 1000 questions 4/5 times till you understand and get 90%?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP
    Many thanks so all the replies. I'm hitting the db hard. Cannot seem to break the 64% score, but will keep working and will hit Cybrary CISM resources as time permits.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaar View Post
    ...means do the 1000 questions 4/5 times till you understand and get 90%?
    Yes!

The key word you used was "understand". Understanding the concepts is more important than the questions. After you take the questions enough times, you will know the answers, but do you understand them? Thats the key.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks