+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    #1

    Default CISM Nov 2017 Passed

    I took CISM last Nov 6 and passed. I am waiting for my scores. I started reviewing on Oct 11. I used ISACA QAE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    107

    Certifications
    AWS DVA, AWS SAA, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CASP, CEH, SEC+, NET+, A+
    #2
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    10
    #3
    Well done!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    48

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #4
    Awesome, well done you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17

    Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, CASP
    #5
    Good job!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #6
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaddela View Post
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?
    I called ISACA this morning and the guy told me it should be within 10 days so mine is until Nov 20. Did you get an email indicating your scores?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    18
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaddela View Post
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?
    congratsss, well i have CISA & CRISC, i feel that CISM book is useless unlike CISA & CRISC books were somehow better, what do think shall i do just use the Q&A database only?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    48

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #9
    For those that only used the Q&A db, how long did you study before taking the exam, and what was your average score leading up to the exam?

    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    294

    Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster79 View Post
    For those that only used the Q&A db, how long did you study before taking the exam, and what was your average score leading up to the exam?

    Thanks.
    I reviewed every question in the DB and averaged 82.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

    Arthur Ashe

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivramus View Post
    I took CISM last Nov 6 and passed. I am waiting for my scores. I started reviewing on Oct 11. I used ISACA QAE.
    Nov 6 and passed as well.
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    49
    #12

    Default crashed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Nov 6 and passed as well.
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still
    crashed??
    wow
    Which company did you take the exam through? Sylvan?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Nov 6 and passed as well.
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still
    Yes - i thought it was a network issue. I was feeling a bit nervous during the exam and was actually thinking I failed but surprised I passed. Did you get your official scores?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by semsem010 View Post
    congratsss, well i have CISA & CRISC, i feel that CISM book is useless unlike CISA & CRISC books were somehow better, what do think shall i do just use the Q&A database only?
    Yes, I would suggest you stick to the Q&A to get the feel of the questions and how you should approach them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivramus View Post
    I called ISACA this morning and the guy told me it should be within 10 days so mine is until Nov 20. Did you get an email indicating your scores?
    No I didnt get any email from them. Still waiting for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Nov 6 and passed as well.
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still
    Happened to me as well. They had a problem and I waited for about 15 mins before they allotted me another machine and the exam did resume from where it got shut off. I was at a PSI exam center.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    CISSP, ISSMP, CISM, CRISC
    #17
    Passed the exam on nov 1st, got the official result by e-mail today.

    Also used only the Q&A manual (paperback), same strategy used for the CISM and the CRISC that I've passed before the CISA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiill View Post
    Passed the exam on nov 1st, got the official result by e-mail today.

    Also used only the Q&A manual (paperback), same strategy used for the CISM and the CRISC that I've passed before the CISA.

    @Kiill a loud bang big Congratulations to you for passing your CISM Exam. Please what was the Exam like? Was it anything like the QAE Database the way it as worded Verbosely or very direct questions that common sense can point out the correct answers? How did you score in your domains since you already got the official result. I am sitting my exam this SATURDAY the 18th of November. @ Everybody can answer and share more detail experience here, all of your experiences has made me hopeful and guided my studies.

    Currently I watch Kelly @ Cybrary CISM & CRISC Videos and just do the QAE, I bought the e-pub version of the CISM Book and it was really dry, I stopped at preface. Thank you bunch @ all contributors who are never relenting to help others.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    CISSP, ISSMP, CISM, CRISC
    #19
    thanks!
    I find the questions on the exam quite similar with the ones in the Q&A manual. Are you asking about the CISM scores, right?
    Information Security Governance: 481
    Information Risk Management and Compliance: 699
    Information Security Program Development and Management: 714
    Information Security Incident Management: 722
    Good luck on your exam.
    If you have no problems with the questions on the database, you should be just fine!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiill View Post
    thanks!
    I find the questions on the exam quite similar with the ones in the Q&A manual. Are you asking about the CISM scores, right?
    Information Security Governance: 481
    Information Risk Management and Compliance: 699
    Information Security Program Development and Management: 714
    Information Security Incident Management: 722
    Good luck on your exam.
    If you have no problems with the questions on the database, you should be just fine!

    @Kiill, thank you for sharing your outstanding performance/result with the us. I am encouraged and would post my success story when I get back from the testing center this weekend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaar View Post
    crashed??
    wow
    Which company did you take the exam through? Sylvan?
    PSI exam center, New Orleans.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Nov 6 and passed as well.
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still
    Got my passed confirmation email this morning so that took 9 days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    #23
    I got mine as well:

    Total scaled score: 712

    SCALED SCORES BY CONTENT AREA:

    Information Security Governance 720
    Information Risk Management and Compliance 767
    Information Security Program Development and Management 712
    Information Security Incident Management 673
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    48

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #24
    Guys, couple of questions about the exam experience.

    When you end the exam, do you get the results on-screen or do you have to get a print out from reception?
    If you answer a question can you also mark it for review?
    Is the exam interface pretty similar to the QA db?
    I know its difficult to work out, but percentage wise, what roughly do you think the pass mark is? I know the scaled score pass is 450 out of 800 (56%) but I'm just trying to gauge roughly how many of the 150 questions you need to answer correctly!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    18

    Certifications
    CISSP
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster79 View Post
    Guys, couple of questions about the exam experience.

    When you end the exam, do you get the results on-screen or do you have to get a print out from reception?
    If you answer a question can you also mark it for review?
    Is the exam interface pretty similar to the QA db?
    I know its difficult to work out, but percentage wise, what roughly do you think the pass mark is? I know the scaled score pass is 450 out of 800 (56%) but I'm just trying to gauge roughly how many of the 150 questions you need to answer correctly!
    Once the exam is complete it will show you that you have passed or failed. No need to get a print out from the reception.
    Yeah, you can flag an answer for review. You will have a 3 min tutorial before the start of the exam, take that.
    Interface is pretty similar to QA
    You will need to answer roughly 80 questions right.

    I passed my exam on 7th but didnt get the results yet. So you need to start calling them a week after you pass your exams so that they will send the results to you on time and not over look. I will get mine on 27th after the holidays a full 20 days after I cleared the exam, that too because I called.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks