+ Reply to Thread
  1. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS

Default ISACA CISA - a few questions

Hey everyone, I am thinking about doing the ISACA CISA exam. It might sound odd, but I actually enjoyed studying for the CISSP. I gained a more well rounded perspective of INFOSEC that included Risk, Management, and Auditing. What books did those of you who took the exams recently using?

Also, I don't do auditing, although I've supported the effort by gathering data as needed. I'm an INFOSEC generalist. Do I qualify? According to ISACA's website:

A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the CISA job practice areas) is required for certification.
    It looks like I do.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GWAPT, GSEC
    I used the Official Manual, db questions and cybrary videos. Cybrary didn’t help that much but I also have had a lot of experience in the domains. Risk management for CISSP is very general, CISA is a lot more in depth...and be prepared it’s very dry material...I started and stopped studying several times over almost 3 years because it was hard to focus.

Most infosec jobs are going to map to a lot of the tasks so as a general rule you should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I guess I need to just pick a book (or books) for the CISA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. K-9

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CySA+, Sec+, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, VCP-DCV, VCP-NV, MCP, and more
    It seems like most people here recommend using just the official textbook and database of questions. Seems like a pretty inexpensive way to prepare compared to buying extra books. That is the strategy I am going to use this year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Can be done without the books if you're tight for money. I used just the online QAE DB. I did get the book as work covered it all, but only had it to reference a few areas I was weak on or needed deeper knowledge. Just pound the DB for a few weeks. Get in the mid to upper 80s and you should be good.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    @JoJoCal19: Thank you for replying. Yeah, I was wondering what the best resources are for studying. I typically enjoy reading Sybex study guides and I saw they have one. However, I'm seeing based on replies that the official ISACA book and DB are the way to go.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Is this the official text everyone else used?

https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Page...t_code=CRM26ED
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GWAPT, GSEC
    Yes...there is only one official manual directly from ISACA, the other is a hard copy of the db practice questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Thank you. I'm use to seeing "Certification Guide", not "Review Manual"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks