+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Passed the CISA on 05/23/2018

I just passed the CISA.

Background:
    3-years: Entry level it as an IT Generalist
    3-years: Building a security program based off of ISO 27001 and successfully got it audited for the past three years by independent auditors where I was the point of contact.

I used an old Q&AE database of 2013 (downloaded online) and the All-In-One CISA book and quiz CD (on amazon). I also used the "Pocket Prep" app alongside a few other questions and answers online. I pretty much gave myself all the tools required to save my ~$780.00.

I am also CISSP certified and the CISA is not as hard as the CISSP but very challenging though. CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.

I have all the materials for anyone planning on taking the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CSAE, CASP, CySA+, SEC+, CCSKv4, TOGAF 9, COBIT5 Foundation
    Congrats!!
    2018 Goals:
    To Complete: CISSP-ISSAP | CCSP | CAPM
    Start Master's Degree: WGU - MBA.ITM

B.S., Business Studies in Computer Information Technology | SNHU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    How useful All in one was ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CASP, CEH, SEC+, NET+, A+, AWS CSAA, AWS CDA
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryForm View Post
    I am also CISSP certified and the CISA is not as hard as the CISSP but very challenging though. CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.
    Just out of curiosity, what was/were your motivation for tackling this exam given that you already have the CISSP (aside from additional learning of course)?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Yea, I am interested in hearing the motivation as well. I just passed my CISSP and plan on taking the CISA soon. Ultimately this for the new QSA requirements, is that your reason?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    TOGAF , CSM, A-CSM, RHCSA, VCP, EMC ISAv2, VCS , VxVM
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryForm View Post
    I just passed the CISA.

CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.

I have all the materials for anyone planning on taking the exam.
    I was reading the CISA Q&A database and found the sentences were quite long.
    Are the exam questions shorter than the Q&A database ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    To be sincere, I just read it to make sure I at least read a full CBK for the exam and not totally depend on QA&Es. The All In One by Peter H. Gregory wasn't all that bad as I learned a few concepts that were helpful for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    The actual exam questions are shorter. Of the 150 questions, more than approximately 120 are one sentence questions. They are not as long as those of the CISSP which could cause you to lose the sense of the question along the way.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Not quite. I went for the CISA and soon the CISM after passing the CISSP just to give myself some leverage. Making it easy for me to get a job in both cyber security operations and IT Security audit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    You got official email with results? I too gave exam on 23rd and passes my cism still awaiting official email
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikeey View Post
    You got official email with results? I too gave exam on 23rd and passes my cism still awaiting official email
    Have you tried going over the ISACA FAQs?

Candidates will receive a preliminary pass/fail result on screen at the conclusion of their exam. Candidates do not receive a printout of these results on site. Official results are emailed to candidates within 10 working days of the exam. To ensure the confidentiality of scores, exam results will not be released by telephone or fax.

Considering that you took your exam on the 23rd of May, you should get your results on the 6th of June the earliest.
    Last edited by Info_Sec_Wannabe; 06-03-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    Congratulations on the pass! I also did CISM and CISA after CISSP because my employer recommends and pays for it. I feel it is easy to pass the others once you have one because there is overlap.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, RHCSA, WCNA
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks