+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CISA Question and Answer Database

Hello

I need help, i am trying to do CISA questions i have the database and do not know what is the best approach to do this. At first i thought of doing questions by Domain but they keep repeating and i am getting alot of them wrong. What is the best study approach?

Thanks in Advance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member
    mboymosweu,

If you are getting a lot of questions wrong, you're probably not grasping the concepts. I think it's very helpful to use a reading/reference material in addition to going over the ISACA QAE Database. A lot of people recommend using the CRM - (CISA Review Manual) by ISACA. I used the CISA Study Guide 4th Edition instead of the CRM and it worked well for me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending)
    When I prepared for CISA, I remember reading the Review Manual on top of doing practice questions. It is more organized in presenting the concepts compared to the Q&A DB.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thank you very much for the advice i will do that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    i am uploading CISA Video lectures, one is below

https://youtu.be/aH0nilNY15E
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Recently took my CISA and passed thankfully.

You remind me of myself at the beginning when I was trying to study. I started off with the database without having read the book and struggled a bit, so I started coupling it with the CISA manual. I'd finish a chapter then do questions relating to that chapter/domain. When I got half way I then switched back to doing questions for the remaining chapters 4 and 5 then retrospectively reading the book. I think alternate the methods because sticking to just the database will put you into memorisation mode [which you don't want] and just reading the book will make you fall asleep [I know I got bored very easily with it].

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thank you @ladylots2 i will try that strategy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, GSEC, GCIA, GSNA, GCIH, GCWN, SSCP, SEC+, CCNA Cyber OPS, ITILv3
    The study guide is really helpful. I passed the CISA exam a couple of years ago and will submit my application for certification in November. I went through the study guide a couple of times (not easy) and that is what helped me pass the exam in addition to the practice questions in the book that I purchased from ISACA (well worth it).
    "The way to succeed is never quit. That's it. But be really humble about it."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks