+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: CISM and CISA

Certifications
    CISA, CISSP, GIAC G2700, CEH, CHFI, Security+, CCENT, N+, A+
    I am scheduling the CISA tomorrow for the June testing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Cisa

Hi All, I am appearing for CISA this time...Just wanted to have an idea as to is CISA a time battle during the exam...do i have to hurry up or is 4hrs are enogh for 200 questions?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    There's some debate over the value of the ISACA certs, but putting all that aside, the CISM material is excellent.

That and the CISA are on-deck for me. If I can do the CISA in June, I'll probably take a stab at the CISM in December. Those might slip six months though (ISACA only offers one exam in June and another in December).

Welcome to the forums, btw.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Quote Originally Posted by meghafnd View Post
    Hi All, I am appearing for CISA this time...Just wanted to have an idea as to is CISA a time battle during the exam...do i have to hurry up or is 4hrs are enogh for 200 questions?
    That actually depends on how easily you are able to answer the exam items. Are you using any CISA practice exams to improve your testing skills and increase your mental stamina?
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCENT, CNSSI No. 4012, NSTISSI No. 4015, MCP (70-270), CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by meghafnd View Post
    Depends on the person. Just watch your time as you're taking the exam and try not to spend too much time per question.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Default Cpe : Cissp --> cisa ?

hi does anyone know if i can use my CISSP training as CPEs towards CISA?
    i recently studied and passed the CISSP, it was 3 months long of studying in domains overlapping with the CISA requirements.
    it only makes sense ISACA would allow/recognize some of that study time as CPE time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    You must have the CISA (or CISM) cert first before you can start claiming CPEs for it. Unless the rules have been changed, you cannot claim CPEs for educational events that occurred before you were awarded the CISA cert. Check on ISACA's Web site for the latest rules.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    You must have the CISA (or CISM) cert first before you can start claiming CPEs for it. Unless the rules have been changed, you cannot claim CPEs for educational events that occurred before you were awarded the CISA cert. Check on ISACA's Web site for the latest rules.
    sorry i wasnt clear - i am CISA and CISSP certified already. So is it possible?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Usually a training course will advertise that the hours you spend in its classes can be used as CPEs for specific certification vendors. Check the training class literature if its hours are acceptible as CPEs by ISACA, (ISC)2, EC-Council, etc. If there's no mention of CPEs, you might as well try submitting the hours to ISACA anyway. The worse that can happen is that the training hours are refused.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    i was planning to take cism first but do not have management experience that is required to get certificate. After going through this thread I think I should first work on CISA. Could anyone suggest the study material for same?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, A+, Security+, SSCP, CISM
    https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Page...Resources.aspx

I'm taking CISM myself, CISA is better catered for with 3rd party material but that's the official link.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks