+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA

Default CISM book purchase

Not sure if very many of you guys have bought he books from ISACA bookstore by I just tried purchasing the CISM review manual and realized that there are only offering the physical copy for purchase and no electronic copy. I have never made a purchase from their website before.

Do you guys know anything about it, to me it seems a bit odd that they are not offering the PDF version of book for sale since most of us do the reading on our laptops I believe.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    I am studying for the CISA exam in June. Don't get me started on ISACA. :/

I purchased the CISA review manual - $105 for a cheap spiral-bound, paper cover book. For the cost, physical-quality wise, a total ripoff. I also got the downloadable CISA Practice Question database for a smooth $185 - there is the option to purchase on a CD, for the same cost - but the shipping on the book was $10, and jumped to $29 for adding a CD to the shipment.

...so the point of all that was, given the way they price their materials, it is VERY unlikely that you would receive a digital copy of the book. (Unless they made one that expired, and you paid the same full price for the book.)

I will be glad to get this exam behind me and be done with ISACA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by colemic View Post
    I am studying for the CISA exam in June. Don't get me started on ISACA. :/

I purchased the CISA review manual - $105 for a cheap spiral-bound, paper cover book. For the cost, physical-quality wise, a total ripoff. I also got the downloadable CISA Practice Question database for a smooth $185 - there is the option to purchase on a CD, for the same cost - but the shipping on the book was $10, and jumped to $29 for adding a CD to the shipment.

...so the point of all that was, given the way they price their materials, it is VERY unlikely that you would receive a digital copy of the book. (Unless they made one that expired, and you paid the same full price for the book.)

I will be glad to get this exam behind me and be done with ISACA.
    I just got the email from them and for a certification body thier size and type it is surprising to know that they do not offer electronic copies of their books (at lease for CISM manual they don't). I am now planning to stick to an older manual because it is not feasible to wait for the physical copy to arrive. Good luck with your CISA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Yeah, I purchased my CISM study guide for the June 11th test. It took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. As Colemic eluded when it shows up you will probably feel like "I paid how much for this"? There is a fair amount of material crammed into the book but if you ripped out the overview from each chapter you would probably get rid of 1/3 of the book but it is pretty much the only study materials out there. If you are not already an ISACA member it will save you a few bucks on the exam and book purchase.

You may want to check with your local ISACA chapter to see if they are offering a review course. I know here in Los Angeles our ISACA chapter has a 3 day review course (4/30, 5/07, 5/14) and the cost is $100 for members.

Good luck on your exam.

~CP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CCNA, ACRC, MCSE, CCSA, CCIE
    If you are ISACA member, the Review Manual (2009) is available for free on the website. The material has not changed from 2009 to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by contentpros View Post
    Yeah, I purchased my CISM study guide for the June 11th test. It took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. As Colemic eluded when it shows up you will probably feel like "I paid how much for this"? There is a fair amount of material crammed into the book but if you ripped out the overview from each chapter you would probably get rid of 1/3 of the book but it is pretty much the only study materials out there. If you are not already an ISACA member it will save you a few bucks on the exam and book purchase.

You may want to check with your local ISACA chapter to see if they are offering a review course. I know here in Los Angeles our ISACA chapter has a 3 day review course (4/30, 5/07, 5/14) and the cost is $100 for members.

Good luck on your exam.

~CP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks