+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CCNA, ACRC, MCSE, CCSA, CCIE
    I would suggest you to buy on the ISACA website. If you are a ISACA member, you do get a discount. All the best.
    Last edited by JDMurray; 10-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Passed

I passed the CISA on my first attempt!

Now if anyone can help me find a JR IT Audit position within the GTA (Toronto, ON) I can start building my requirements!

Study Tips:
    -I registered and attended the Official CISA Exam Prep Course (every Saturday morning) It was fairly expensive and some instructors were better than others. But all in all I did pass...

-Do ALL the sample questions from the CD. MEMORIZE the answer and reasons as to why its not the others options.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security+, ITILv3 Foundation, CISSP, CISA, GCIA
    Passed but barely. I got a 519.
    Just time to study more and earn some more CPEs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CISA Certification Timeline and Pass Rate Statistics

1. How long does it normally take for ISACA to certify from the time CISA certification application gets submitted? I submitted the application on the 3rd of August 2011 by fax.

2. Is there any way to know what the overall pass rate for CISA June 2011 exam is? Are there statistics on past CISA exam pass rates?
    Last edited by NeriKutta; 08-05-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Talking Passed

Passed CISA, was great doing the Exam and passing... So i think CISSP or CEH next up for grabs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Brain on a schtick badrottie's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by NeriKutta View Post
    1. How long does it normally take for ISACA to certify from the time CISA certification application gets submitted? I submitted the application on the 3rd of August 2011 by fax.

2. Is there any way to know what the overall pass rate for CISA June 2011 exam is? Are there statistics on past CISA exam pass rates?
    1. I understand it can take up to 8 weeks. I suspect their crack team of geriatric snails shift from scoring exams to processing endorsement applications. Be prepared to wait.

2. The CISA historically has a pass rate of 50% from published results. It has been improving, but it is by no means an easy exam.
    Last edited by badrottie; 08-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISM (Pending Endorsement), Security+, ITIL V3 Foundation, Network+

Default Passed CISM

This is my first post on the forum. After 8 long weeks finally I find out I passed the CISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have a question for the forum. I am applying for a new job and want to know if it is acceptable to put it on my resume but to anotate that it is pending endorsement. Please give your opinions on this subject. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Inbahrain2011; 08-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    C|EH v7, CISA, Sec+, MCTS, CISSP
    I sent in my application last week on Wednesday by fax. I called to verify that it was received and for some reason a few pages were missing. I then resent via email. On Friday I got back an email saying they are reviewing the application and the portal says the application is complete. I hope it won't take 8 weeks to get the certification.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA (pending endorsement), CCNA, CCDA, CEH, CWLDS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam2011 View Post
    Congratulations to all who passed CISA & CISM

I didn't pass CISA exam , I will give it another try in December 2011..
    Please give me any advice you can about the exam
    First question...how much experience do you have in IS auditing? The more the better and the easier it is to pass and the easier it is to make recommendations on what to study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Brain on a schtick badrottie's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA
    Received my notice from ISACA yesterday. I am officially a CISM

Documents submitted August 19th
    Endorsement received August 24th

6 day turn-around! That was even faster than (ISC)2.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    C|EH v7, CISA, Sec+, MCTS, CISSP
    Very cool badrottie. I got my notification yesterday that I am now a CISA. Now on to the next cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Did you guys get an email or did you check the ISACA site to find out they had completed your endorsement package. I emailed mine in on Saturday. we will see how long it takes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbahrain2011 View Post
    Did you guys get an email or did you check the ISACA site to find out they had completed your endorsement package. I emailed mine in on Saturday. we will see how long it takes.
    I got an email on 9/2 that they had received my application package, but as of right now they haven't bothered to move it from the 'unreviewed' pile.

It befuddles me as to why their exam scoring, and certification process, are so lengthy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by colemic View Post
    I got an email on 9/2 that they had received my application package, but as of right now they haven't bothered to move it from the 'unreviewed' pile.

It befuddles me as to why their exam scoring, and certification process, are so lengthy.
    I checked my status as of today and it says unreviewed, I suspect I will be waiting the entire 8 weeks. I noticed the people that have a CISA/CISSP cert seem to get there notification back faster than those of us without.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Brain on a schtick badrottie's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA
    I checked my status as of today and it says unreviewed, I suspect I will be waiting the entire 8 weeks. I noticed the people that have a CISA/CISSP cert seem to get there notification back faster than those of us without.
    You could very wel be correct, as for either the CISA or CISSP, you must have documented work experience to qualify for either designation. The CISM gives a 2 year waiver if you have the CISSP, which also does not hurt matters (not that it was needed, but it never hurts).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CCNA, ACRC, MCSE, CCSA, CCIE
    I checked mine today, it says 'Complete-Under Review'. I received an email about receiving the application on Aug 10th 2011. Not sure why the delay is. Any ideas?? anybody on the same boat?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    I got an email from ISACA today they need more information about my years of security specific work experience. I used my time in the Military, I sent them everything they should have needed. I guess they need my Discharge paperwork from the military to prove that I was really in the military.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member Registered Member

Angry CISA exam/prep regret

I feel like I have made the biggest mistake starting the CISA course. I purchased the manual, and then part way through realised there are an additional 330 pages "IT Standards, Guidelines, and Tools and Techniques for Audit and Assurance and Control Professionals", which are really just 330 pages of lists after lists, which I will never be able to memorise. So I have blown my money really. Big mistake, If I knew I would never have wasted my time and money. I feel like I have been conned.

If anyone can assist I would be grateful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks