+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
  1. Member

Certifications
    CASP, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, CCNP +S, MCSE, MCITP:EA, A+, NET+, Project+, Security+
    I would not be so hard on yourself, you probably understand the concepts just fine. The way they word the questions on the exam is frustrating and some seemed downright misleading. It might not be a knowledge gap for you, it might just be difficulty with figuring out exactly what their crazy questions are really asking. I was really upset with the quality of the questions on the exam, it really felt like they were trying to make people fail with bad questions. I made these same comments in the survey they sent out, maybe if they hear the same comments from many different people, they will eventually figure out how to clarify their questions in the future.

I would look at the practice questions again and try to identify what they were asking in each one. Its hard to figure out the mindset behind why they ask things in certain ways, but if you try to understand it you might do much better next time. Your really close to a passing score, I would not give up!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CISA EXAM Results

Yes, the wait has been long. I just received my passing score today by e-mail. Two days shy of 8 weeks. I scored a 532 and am happy with the score. I would like to add that the ISACA questions database was by far the most helpful of all of the items I used to study. Good luck for eveyone else who took the exam in June!

Rock9400
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Default crisc passed

Received results 3 hrs back

crisc passed with 564 !!!

Thank you
    Srinath
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Thanks lelei!!

I agree! the questions are written incorrectly or not worded properly. Most of them have two possible correct answers. You may be right about me not being able to understand the question. Yes, I am very close to passing this exam but that means studying again for 4 mnths and then waiting 2 mnths for the results, I could hv gotten a masters degree which is almost equal to 3 attempts for CISA.

Thanks a ton for your feedback! I will have to make a decision in two weeks for early bird registration!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEHv7 / CNDA, Security+, A+, Server+
    Got my CISM results this morning - PASSED! So glad.... hoping to submit my application today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    p4parekh, don't get discouraged ! its a part and parcel of exam system. I would say Do not Just read or Solve exams, Try to understand or develop an AUDITOR's mindset. CISA exam is not to test how much you know but its about How effectively you can APPLY !!!

I Cleared my exam just by going through material for 2 weeks and that too just for an hour or 2 per day.

Please let me know if you need any help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Thanks AmolS21!

yeah, thinking like an auditor is the hard part because I have no auditing experience..nevertheless, that's not an excuse for failing the exam. If they could provide some more detailed explanation on my exam that would be helpful, and not just how i performed domain wise.

I will definitely message you if I plan on retaking the exam! thanks!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Default I lost

I got 347 . too bad
    I felt i did so well...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    CISA - passed - toughest exam ever in my life.. was killing ... but it was good to see the positive results.. so what should i do next ? how do i get certification ? pls help
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Passed... Praise God!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    p4parekn, don't give up!! I think you should first take a break and forget the result, next prepare for the next exam. I believe everyone here including me would like to help you prepare the next exam. In my opinion, the exam is tough enough and I had no idea about my result after the exam. Your failure does not mean you are not good enough, there are many other factors. Therefore, never give up!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member
    Got the result about 12hours back, passed the CISA!!!
    Congra to all passed.
    Who couldn't pass this time, you can make it with more working experience and appropriate study.
    (I feel my working experience helped a lot in answering those tricky questions)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    I passed people!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doug.rainmaker View Post
    I passed people!
    CISA! It hurt some, but the outcome was a pleasure!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSc (Networks), ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, CISA, ISO27k LA
    CISA pass!!!
    I personally found it very difficult exam. In April when I was first told about this exam (apologies for my ignorance), I thought I will be able to do it easily as I have worked as an IT Manager for a midsize company for couple of years and have dealt with many auditors. Fortunately I was told a week before the last date for registration and I paid the fee before even looking at the contact. To tell you the truth, I felt so stupid after a month of study and the realisation of not knowing anything was so frustrating that I even though I am not going to attempt the exam. My friend’s advice to start doing Q&A (in first week of June) made the situation worse! Somehow I made up my mind and gave the exam and now the result can’t be better!
    I still think I am very lucky to clear the exam and my experience has helped me a lot. I have done CCNA, MCSE exams and I was also the highest scorer in my Master’s degree but this is the first exam I have given which pushed me to my limits of have apply practical knowledge.
    Regardless of the result, I was happy to know so much about governance/ auditing and other topics after studying that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise. Now all I can say is, it was difficult but was well worth the efforts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Congrats to all that passed!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member
    Thank ono1331!

You guys are great..stepping up to helping me out...yes, I need regroup and think about what would be my next step. Lot of people are suggesting that experience is extremely important to be able to answer those tricky questions...I hv no experience..so I will have to make a decision..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member Registered Member
    I passed the CISA! Hallelujah...studying for this exam was so frustrating. I agree with previous posters about the quality of the questions. I am comfortable with the material but the way the questions are phrased have nothing to do with your knowledge of IT auditing.

I failed it the first time in December 2011, with a 444 (how horrible is that, 6 measly points off). Managed to pass with a 471 this time. A pass is a pass! The only way to do it is just practice practice practice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISA(June 2012), SAP Certified
    I think practical experience is more important than studying. I managed to read the whole CISA official study guide book once, then took 15-hour preparation course, and studied 3 hours a day for 3 weeks to prepare for the exam. Finally, I passed CISA in 1st attempt. I agreed the questions are kind of tricky. However, you should read it carefully. Sometimes, you need to think about what the questions implied in order to pick the correct answer. I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyclsa2012 View Post
    I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.
    i think you are right in saying that.. unlike Cisco exams where questions are very easy and to the point.. CISA has a complecated way of asking things.. for me, MS exams are the worst.. they have LONG questions and complex language..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISM
    Hello everyone, I'm Italian and I did the June 2012 CISA exam with a colleague. Right now, my colleague received the email with the results, and I anything.
    What do you think? It 's normal?

thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISA(June 2012), SAP Certified
    Hi Fr4ntav0
    You better send mail to ISACA to ask. They notified via Facebook/LinkedIn that all result has been sent on Wed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISM
    Hi jennycisa2012,

I sent mail few minuts ago.

thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    they might not have the correct email id.. also i remember there was an option to select if you want your result through email.. i do think sending an email to isaca is a good idea. btw, you will get it post as well..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    CASP, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, CCNP +S, MCSE, MCITP:EA, A+, NET+, Project+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyclsa2012 View Post
    I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.
    I agree with this as well, and I actually made some comments about it on the survey too. I am a native English speaker, and I found the wording on many of the questions cumbersome and confusing- I can only image how rough it would be for a non-native speaker.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks