+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISM
    Hi, I don't receive mail ISACA, but in the myIsaca I look that I passed with 579 score...
    Tranks To God
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    I just found out I failed and was hoping someone could help me figure out the best way to study for December. This year I basically took the Isaca practice database questions and studied them everynight for about a month. I made sure I went over questions missed and know I answered 100% of the questions. I was feeling confident based on that but the test was nothing close to the database. Some people have recommended boot camps. I am pretty new to the auditing world but need this cert to stay in my job. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISA(June 2012), SAP Certified
    Hi Fr4ntav0

Congratulations! You better update your profile with correct email address as ISACA would send any news via email.

Does anybody apply CISA certification right after? I am puzzled if the verifier must be still with the employer that I worked for as my former boss had changed to work for another company.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 08-12-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: consecutive posting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Yes Sirreee,
    Passed CISA. If you haven't received your email yet, like myself, login to isaca > myISACA. Click on the myCertifications tab. You'll see the result of your exam. I have a question though. How does a score of 450 translate to in % ? and 550 ? and 650 ? and 750 ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    800 is the total mark. Then, I assume 450 is 450/800 = 56%. However, as mentioned from ISACA site, the score for every question is different.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSc (Networks), ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, CISA, ISO27k LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountains View Post
    I just found out I failed and was hoping someone could help me figure out the best way to study for December. This year I basically took the Isaca practice database questions and studied them everynight for about a month. I made sure I went over questions missed and know I answered 100% of the questions. I was feeling confident based on that but the test was nothing close to the database. Some people have recommended boot camps. I am pretty new to the auditing world but need this cert to stay in my job. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I am sorry to here that but there are very few exam which can be cleared by Q&As and CISA is certainly not one of those.. I highly recommend review manual for CISA. Its not an easy thing to read, at least not for me but its great.
    Also, this exam has a very practical approach and I think you need to have some experience to clear it (not necessarily for auditing but Risk assessment, IT Management, Security)
    Do try it again, its worth it and all the best!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISA, CEH, LA
    Greetings , I passed CISA exam , after 2 attempts. This time i did only the CISA manual and CISA Database questions. 2 weeks before the exam i took off and only concentrated on manual and questions. I wish you all the best.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEHv7 / CNDA, Security+, A+, Server+
    jennyclsa2012: no, your verifier for years previous does not have to be at your current employer..... you can get your former boss to verify for the years you worked under him/her, and then get your current boss to verify the time you have been working together. that's what i did.

FYI: i submitted my CISM application the day we got our scores, and they just emailed me back to say they received it, today. hopefully now that they are charging $50 to apply, they will move a little more quickly with verifying applications. we'll see. i had my application ready to go just in case i passed, so it could be processed as quickly as possible.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    Hi Elizabeth

Thanks! My problem is I worked for company A and I can ask my former boss there to be my verifier. However, my former boss already left company A. Then, what company email address/phone number I should fill as he no longer work for company A. Would ISACA send mail to the verifier to confirm? I am puzzled on it as all my former boss already the company that we worked together. Please help! Thanks a lot!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEHv7 / CNDA, Security+, A+, Server+
    I would just put down his current information and make a note on the application that he worked for the company when you worked there - out to the side, something short and simple. I think it will be fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSc (Networks), ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, CISA, ISO27k LA
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

This is the only option I have as none of my superiors are working for the same organization any more.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 08-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    Would it increase the probability of being audited by ISACA of the application?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    @jennyclsa2012 - you may want to contact ISACA directly. The folks there are very nice and helpful. I don't see why your current manager can't provide the verification. In theory, the current manager hired you with the presumotion that you had X years of experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountains View Post
    Can anyone pls specify the books thatthey think will be very ok to read so as to pas this exam, I also used the CD Data base by ISACA, it id not weem useful at all, I know people used varying books, pls can anyone be specific
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member
    I used the following:
    - CISA All-in-one Exam Guide 2nd Edition by Peter Gregory
    - CISA Study Guide, by David L. Cannon (this is most easy to read)
    - ISACA questions database

Also I took the ISACA CISA review course offered by my local chapter, it was quite helpful and the instructors were great!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    CASP, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, CCNP +S, MCSE, MCITP:EA, A+, NET+, Project+, Security+
    I used the Peter Gregory book, the ISACA study guide and the ISACA question database. The ISACA study guide is hard to wade through, but I thought it was the absolute best source of information for this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks