+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
  1. Senior Member
    Hi Ryan, welcome to TE. I wish you good luck next time around. I would suggest that you also use the Q and A Guide and Supplement. Many people also recommend the Q and A database. I personally do not feel that it's necessary to use any materials other than the official ISACA books if a candidate meets the requirements to be certified.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Ryan,

I read the the review manual three times and completed nearly 5000 questions in the Q+A database, I used no other materials. I found the Q+A the most useful and feel I learnt the most from this. Make sure that whether you answer questions correctly or incorrectly, to read the explanation afterwords, otherwise you're just learning the answer to the question but not why it is correct.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    Hi Ryan,

I used the CISA Study Guide, by Cannon. I already have a background in IT operations and information security, so I focused on the more traditional "audit" components. These were chapters 1-3 out of 8. A coworker of mine who has a solid background in internal audit, but limited Information Systems experience used the same book and passed as well. Neither of us used any other study resources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I passed with a 532 without studying for a single second! I'm not sure if this speaks to my experience in Info Sec (3 years although none in audit) or that certs in general are meaningless although necessary in the job market. I missed the deadline to defer and due to personal circumstances I didn't have time to study but since I lived very close to the exam center, I thought what the hell, might as well write it expecting to fail.

I did take a really good prep-course for my CISSP (and studied a lot) which I found useful in this exam. Not so much the material but rather the technique for answering questions. Anyways, interesting. So I submitted my application, does it really take the full 8 weeks they quote?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    Some people have gotten through the application process in as little as two weeks. I sent in my application on February 5, and I think I'm close to receiving my CISA credentials. My application status is now "Approved", but the website still says that I don't hold any certifications. I assume that it'll go through any time now. I'll update this post and let you know how long the entire process took me after my status changes.

Edit: The website just changed. I applied on February 5 and was awarded the cert on February 28. The process took 23 days.
    Last edited by andhow; 02-28-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    I have so say (not to sound very negative) but ISACA is terrible for efficiency! It's honestly laughable that an IT examination is taken on paper in 2013. Sigh. Beyond that the lead time to find out the results just seems way too long as well. When I found out I passed the exam and submitted my application (emailed) to ISACA, there is an additional 8 weeks they claim is necessary for "processing time". 8 weeks?!? I want to present this cert to my management and add to my credentials and I feel like I am in an endless waiting period with this this organization. When I check the website it tells me my application status is complete-pending audit. I don't know exactly what this means, but I think I'm going to definitely scream loudly if it means it will take ISACA even longer to get me my official cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, ITIL, ISO 27001, 22301 IA
    Quote Originally Posted by chk2206 View Post
    I have so say (not to sound very negative) but ISACA is terrible for efficiency! It's honestly laughable that an IT examination is taken on paper in 2013. Sigh. Beyond that the lead time to find out the results just seems way too long as well. When I found out I passed the exam and submitted my application (emailed) to ISACA, there is an additional 8 weeks they claim is necessary for "processing time". 8 weeks?!? I want to present this cert to my management and add to my credentials and I feel like I am in an endless waiting period with this this organization. When I check the website it tells me my application status is complete-pending audit. I don't know exactly what this means, but I think I'm going to definitely scream loudly if it means it will take ISACA even longer to get me my official cert.
    Designation is given by decision of certification board, you don't need to wait for official paper itself. Why would you rush with this anyway?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CISA,CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSXF, CPTE, CNFE, CDFE, ITIL Foundation V3, MCSA, ENSA, CPTC
    Anyone receive Physical Certificate? Still waiting for mine. I am form Malaysia (South East Asia)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Brain on a schtick badrottie's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by andhow View Post
    Some people have gotten through the application process in as little as two weeks.
    ISACA processed and approved my CISA application in exactly 7 days. Admittedly, I didn't file mine immediately after I received my exam results, and most likely missed the post-exam application tidal wave they typically have.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    CISA,CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSXF, CPTE, CNFE, CDFE, ITIL Foundation V3, MCSA, ENSA, CPTC
    Received my cert after 25 business day.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM,PMP,CGEIT,CRISC,CISA,MCSA: Windows server 2012 , MCSE:DATA PLATFORM,ITIL
    I'm also still waiting for the physical certification. Below my timeline.

12/08/12 Took CISA Exam
    1/31/13 Received Exam Results
    2/04/13 Submitted application
    2/05/13 Received Email notification that application was send to review board.
    2/19/13 Awarded CISA designation, mail said it would take approx 7-21 to the rest of the world.
    4/07/13 still waiting for cert...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. No Sleep For The Wicked CISPhD's Avatar

Certifications
    MCP, CISSP, CISM, MISM, MBA, ABD, and a bunch of other educational junk...
    @Lysje - Seems you owe ISACA a call. Even with the 10 day lead time that it takes to get it out the door, you should have had it about a week ago.

I got my cert/pin a few days ago.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, ITIL, ISO 27001, 22301 IA
    12/08/12 - Took CISM Exam
    02/01/13 - Received Exam Results
    02/11/13 - Submitted application
    02/14/13 - Received Email notification that application was send to review board.
    03/14/13 - Awarded CISM designation, mail said it would take approx 7-21 to the rest of the world.
    05/10/13 - received hard copy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hey CISPhd,
    you mentioned that you created your own flash cards that you were willing to share. I am interested if you are still willing to share. I have scheduled the test for Dec30
    Leo
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi Chk2206,
    I was looking at my CISM certification status which i have applied a month ago and I have sam message: "Complete-Audit Pending.
    Would you please share with us what happened next in your case.
    Thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Social Networking & Bookmarks