+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... Last
  1. Member

Certifications
    CISA,CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSXF, CPTE, CNFE, CDFE, ITIL Foundation V3, MCSA, ENSA, CPTC

Default CISM/CISA/CRISC/CGEIT June 2013 Feedback

Well Just finish my CISM Exam in Malaysia......
    Did not really prepare much for the exam as new job role is ISM and too busy....

My feeling after the exam....Compare to CISSP and CGEIT.....CISM seems to be more straight foward.....

Have done what i can and lets wait for result......

For those in later time zone good luck......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    I just finished as well (CRISC). Now we get to wait the eight weeks for the results. Honestly, I think the wait is more painful than the test.

As for the CRISC, I believe I passed. I felt pretty comfortable with my answers, but I have to concede that I'm not certain that I consistently answered what ISACA believed was the BEST answer. I do think the test was a lot simpler than the CISA exam.

Good luck everyone! I'm registering for the CISM exam as I type this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM,PMP,CGEIT,CRISC,CISA,MCSA: Windows server 2012 , MCSE:DATA PLATFORM,ITIL
    I just finished with CRISC too. It wasn't that difficult and some answers were extremely obvious. Let the wait begin! It will be a long wait till August!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Just finished the CISA. It was O.K. Cant say anything with confidence because there was a good chunk of questions that really made me think twice. Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP,ISSMP,ISSEP,CISA,CISM, CRISC,CGEIT , CEH, Security+, ISO27001 LA , SFCP, OSWP , SWSE , ITILv3-F.
    I hardly did any preperation as i recieved my book (2) hours after the exam due to some miscommunication with ISACA. Regardless CGEIT exam didnt feel that hard. The questions regarding ValIT were tricky though....

next is ganna be CISA for me (sept) and if i didnt pass today... There is always dec exam lol

good luck all
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISA, MASTERS CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
    I just took the CISA exam. I honestly wondered if I had the wrong test. It was nothing like the questions on Isaca's database or study book. This was an awfully poor test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    same - I had a number of them where I was trying to find the "best" one from the scenario given.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CISA,CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSXF, CPTE, CNFE, CDFE, ITIL Foundation V3, MCSA, ENSA, CPTC
    I saw candidate for CISA stil on book last minute...i did remind them that it will.not be from book.........thats a guidance.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications

Default I understand the books provide guidance

And definitely didn't expect the sample questions on exam. However, the questions were infinitely more vague or obscure - completely different conceptually. I would expect tests of have reasonably clear answers if you have the knowledge.

One could argue that the test was trying to get practical applications of concepts. My opinion, is that the test question were designed to have no clear answers. I have historically been an excellent test taker with strong abstract thinking.

i honestly think a test like this is damaging to the governing body (Isaca). Students expressed similar views from last December's test. I have been an IT auditor with fairly broad experience. I actually learned a great deal studying for the test, but am reconsidering my Isaca membership. I already have my PMP AND Master's certificate in Project Management and am a member of the PMI and Institute of Internal Auditors.

I was so disgusted half way through the exam, I decided to not take more than 20-30 seconds on the remaining questions. I was done just after 11:00 a.m. And took off. Normally I would review all the questions to try and pick up a few more answers. I figured it might do more harm than good.

The PMP EXAM was also a little strange when I took it in December, 2012 (which I passed)

I honestly don't see myself passing yesterday's test, but will wait 8 weeks (ridiculous) to get Bach results. This is an IT test after all. At $500 a pop, they should make this electronic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISM,PMP,CGEIT,CRISC,CISA,MCSA: Windows server 2012 , MCSE:DATA PLATFORM,ITIL

Default Expedited exam results for CISA and CISM (only) in approx. 5 weeks

Good news for yesterday's CISA and CISM exam takers, the results should be in in approx 5 weeks. I found the below on the ISACA site!

5. Will I be able to retest in September if I do not pass in June; and will I be able to retest in December if I do not pass in September?

Yes. Anyone who takes either the CISA or CISM exam in June (September) and does not pass but wishes to retest in September (December) will be able to do so. ISACA has responded to requests to release exam results in a more expedited manner, thus enabling this retesting within this short time frame. ISACA will be releasing, starting in 2013, for CISA and CISM only, exam results approximately 5 weeks after the exam administration.

http://www.isaca.org/Certification/September-2013-Exams/Pages/September-Exam-FAQs.aspx

Not sure if this also means the December results will be given in 5 weeks for these two. Too bad there's no CRISC or CGEIT in September, might have alleviated the waiting time for me too.... Sigh... I will just continue counting down to August...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GSNA, GLEG, CISM

Default Took CISM yesterday

I took the CISM yesterday. I don't know how I did. I felt better about most of my CISSP answers than I did about the CISM questions. Ah well, the wait has begun. Good luck to all who sat for ISACA yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.Sc. Information System Security, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCNP:Security, GISP, GCIA, VCP v4, CCNA R/S, MCITP:EA, MCSE NT,2K,2k3
    Quote Originally Posted by lysje View Post
    Good news for yesterday's CISA and CISM exam takers, the results should be in in approx 5 weeks. I found the below on the ISACA site!

Nice find!

Honestly, I have no idea how I did on the exam. I felt the same way after the CISSP (paper-based) exam too - so who knows. This will be the last cert for me (for a while)...unless I failed which means I'll HAVE to take it again in Sept. I've never failed a cert exam yet....but with this one I have no idea which side of the pass/fail fence I fell on.

Hope everyone did well and good luck on your results.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcgolfer View Post
    However, the questions were infinitely more vague or obscure - completely different conceptually. I would expect tests of have reasonably clear answers if you have the knowledge.

One could argue that the test was trying to get practical applications of concepts. My opinion, is that the test question were designed to have no clear answers.
    Sorry to read about your experience. In the last offerring, many people also expressed that they wondered if they were taking the right exam.

I personally place a high degree of value on ISACA exams. I do side with the perspective that its about judgement and opinion versus pure facts. It's generally more difficult to create an exam that test for judgment. Of the 2 ISACA exams that I have taken, I found them to be fair and comprehensive.

Hopefully you were able to pass. Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    Exactly how i feel.....same feeling feel like knowing some answer right and only few wrong... butjust not sure can pass or failed....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member
    I sat for the CISM on Saturday and I agree that most of the questions didn't relate clearly to what I expected the answers to be so I had to make a best guess on what I truly believed the answer to be, so If I fail I will have to sit it again in September
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member Registered Member

Default i totally agree! 100% well said

i totally agree! 100% well said

And definitely didn't expect the sample questions on exam. However, the questions were infinitely more vague or obscure - completely different conceptually. I would expect tests of have reasonably clear answers if you have the knowledge.

One could argue that the test was trying to get practical applications of concepts. My opinion, is that the test question were designed to have no clear answers. I have historically been an excellent test taker with strong abstract thinking.

i honestly think a test like this is damaging to the governing body (Isaca). Students expressed similar views from last December's test. I have been an IT auditor with fairly broad experience. I actually learned a great deal studying for the test, but am reconsidering my Isaca membership. I already have my PMP AND Master's certificate in Project Management and am a member of the PMI and Institute of Internal Auditors.

I was so disgusted half way through the exam, I decided to not take more than 20-30 seconds on the remaining questions. I was done just after 11:00 a.m. And took off. Normally I would review all the questions to try and pick up a few more answers. I figured it might do more harm than good.

The PMP EXAM was also a little strange when I took it in December, 2012 (which I passed)

I honestly don't see myself passing yesterday's test, but will wait 8 weeks (ridiculous) to get Bach results. This is an IT test after all. At $500 a pop, they should make this electronic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member
    I agree too, the answers to most of questions was very vague and obscure, just keeping my fingers crossed that I will pass the CISM exam.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Stop,Collaborate + Listen LarryDaMan's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, PMP, FITSP-M, Security+, Network+, A+, (expired: CCNA, CCENT)
    I thought the ISACA CISA practice questions were fairly well representative of what was on the test. Only a few questions had me scratching my head at the obscurity or vagueness. There was a lot of choosing between multiple correct answers (which is MOST correct) and that can be difficult because you can rationalize and talk yourself into more than one answer. Much like the CISSP, I left feeling good but not 1000% certain of a pass. I am happy about the faster turnaround (5 weeks or less) on the exam results.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications

Default Respectfully disagree

I get the need to make people think... including their ability to use abstract thinking and practical application. However, being obscure for obscure's sake, or to make thinks vague doesn't serve anyone.

To think we are talking about technology/computer that come down to 0 or 1, this test was like from 0 to starfish. Here is an extreme example of how bizarre I thought the test was:

1) You are walking on the beach and run into a starfish. What do you order for dinner?

a) crab
    b) babyback ribs
    c) Bald Eagle
    d) Blue Tuna

You can rule out Bald Eagle (national bird and illegal). Also, both crab and Blue tunas live in the sea, and might be friends with the starfish. Also blue tunas are becoming endagered. So, the natural choice is: babyback ribs

The above question is extreme, but that's the concept I am trying to point out. Even if babyback ribs are the right answer, what does that have to do with IT or knowledge about auditing. JUST TRYING TO ADD A LITTLE HUMOR HERE.

Maybe I passed????
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Maybe I passed????
    Only if on the exam you consistently ordered the babyback ribs.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    The above question is extreme, but that's the concept I am trying to point out. Even if babyback ribs are the right answer, what does that have to do with IT or knowledge about auditing. JUST TRYING TO ADD A LITTLE HUMOR HERE.
    I think that auditors and security managers need to have a good understanding of the services that IT is enabling. I believe that IT only exists to enable the business or customer. While understanding the technical controls are important, you also need figure out how to assess whether or not the technology is enabling the business to succeed (examples: patient care, financial reporting, manufacturing, etc). I assume that is what ISACA is trying to gauge when asking particularly odd questions.

When I took my CISA exam, I walked out scratching my head. I passed with a reasonably good score, but, for the life of me, I couldn't tell you which answers I missed. Too bad there isn't a better way to review the test answers.

On a side note... I do love babyback ribs. Bald Eagle tastes too much like California Condor.
    Last edited by andhow; 06-20-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    Result should be in for CISM and CISA next Friday I guess......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    I'm concerned I visit ISACA's website so often to check my status that they'll accuse me of performing a particularly ineffective DOS attack.

"Back away from the F5 key, Andhow... back away."

Current CRISC Status: "Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Jun 2013)"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andhow View Post
    "Back away from the F5 key, Andhow... back away."
    ROFLOL - if it's helpful to know, you will get an email way before it will be listed on the website.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    Thursday Midnite GMT time zone next we i guess....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks