+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 First 123 456 Last

Thread: CISA Sep 2013

1. Junior Member

Default hello from Hong Kong

Just got the exam result mail from ISACA and got a score of 546!
    Congrats on those passing and if not, don't give up and try again in Dec one!!!

A bit of sidetracking, now that I have CISSP and CISA, is it worth going for CEH?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, JNCIA-Junos, WCNA, SSCP, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever930 View Post

A bit of sidetracking, now that I have CISSP and CISA, is it worth going for CEH?
    I'm actually studying for it right now. I think the CEH is well-respected now days compared to the past. Look at the salary information on indeed.com for CEH; it is quite high.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    Is 534 considered a good score? Is there any way to really know what that translates to in terms of percentage correct?
    Last edited by diggity801; 10-11-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever930 View Post

Congra!!!

I have also passed and also from HK
    ~~
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 558.Your score was in the top 10 percent of those testing. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.~~
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Default Congrats to Everyone! One LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew2012 View Post
    Congra!!!

I have also passed and also from HK
    ~~
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 558.Your score was in the top 10 percent of those testing. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.~~
    Congrats @matthew2012.....Happy for you...thanks for creating this thread....it help relief stress/anxiety while the waiting last . I signed-off....this may be my last check on this thread.......Remember......if you didn't make it in this Sept, never give up...infact, I suggest you put in for December! Best of Luck......One love!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Just saw the results. PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 588.Your score was in the top 5 percent of those testing. Feeling Happy right now. Congrats to All of you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manikandanrv View Post
    Just saw the results. PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 588.Your score was in the top 5 percent of those testing. Feeling Happy right now. Congrats to All of you!

Congratulation .....

30 pt difference already jump 5% in performance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanks Matthew, And Congratulations to you too! In my opinion, scores really have no impact. A pass is a pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    But got your point. This, I believe, is much less score(30) compared to June 2013 results for a 5% jump. Does it mean people scored less in comparison? (sorry unable to use Enter Key in reply to add a new line)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manikandanrv View Post
    But got your point. This, I believe, is much less score(30) compared to June 2013 results for a 5% jump. Does it mean people scored less in comparison? (sorry unable to use Enter Key in reply to add a new line)
    guess so....

I am thinking the normal distribution.....the variance is little.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member
    Just Submitted application for the CISA Certification by email.

Received Exam result: Fri 10/11/2013 at 3:30 AM (HKT)
    Submitted application: Fri 10/11/2013 at 2:17 PM (HKT)
    Confirm receipt of application: Fri 10/11/2013 at 10:04 PM (HKT)
    CISA Application Received (Email): Tue 10/15/2013 10:17 PM (HKT)
    Last edited by matthew2012; 10-16-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member
    Failed ...anyway I knew it, I was not prepared.

Congrats to everyone who passed!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congratulations to everyone who passed! I'm thinking to register for the Dec exam, but I haven't started to study yet. I'm just wondering how long have you guys studied for the exam and how much time you put to it? Do you think 2 month will be enough? I have been working ecurity for 4 years but am not in the audit field. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    I registered for the Sept 7th exam around the middle of May. I was all about studying for it but soon burned out. Then I found out that they make it almost impossible to drop the exam so about 3 weeks before the exam I started studying to the extreme. You really need the practice questions database to pass in my opinion. That was essential in understanding their question format and tricks.
    ike
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diggity801 View Post
    I registered for the Sept 7th exam around the middle of May. I was all about studying for it but soon burned out. Then I found out that they make it almost impossible to drop the exam so about 3 weeks before the exam I started studying to the extreme. You really need the practice questions database to pass in my opinion. That was essential in understanding their question format and tricks.
    ike
    Thank you Diggity801! So the CD=QAE+QAE Supplement right? That all what I need plus the manual?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaJas View Post
    Thank you Diggity801! So the CD=QAE+QAE Supplement right? That all what I need plus the manual?
    Hi,
    I think the manual is essential to let you understand the scope of testing, and the DB is for you to test your understanding.
    For your reference, I studied less than a month and did less than 200Q. (bcoz have insufficient time for me) but I got CISSP hence, those materials were already known.....

Hence, the exam preparation duration depends on your working exp./ background
    Last edited by matthew2012; 10-12-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member
    i just used the QA Test DB for about 15 hours splitted to 10 days (i think, I saw about 400 Questions within that time) . I think professional experience is key for passing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member

Certifications
    I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait 5 more weeks to actually get the certification? Sigh...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member
    I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait 5 more weeks to actually get the certification? Sigh...

I saw from the other thread....the shortest time was less than a week.~~
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member

Certifications
    I saw from the other thread....the shortest time was less than a week.~~
    Did you get a reply stating they they received your application? I just got a general FAQ email reply.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member
    Did you get a reply stating they they received your application? I just got a general FAQ email reply.
    That is auto-reply....

Later there will be a confirmation from Dept: Certification <certification@isaca.org>

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 6-8 weeks. "
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Certifications
    That is auto-reply....

Later there will be a confirmation from Dept: Certification <certification@isaca.org>

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 6-8 weeks. "
    And still no confirmation email. They really like to torture people I swear.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    PMP, PMI-ACP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC
    Got email this morning that the application is under review from the Certification Dept.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member

Certifications
    The ISACA webpage went from from something like "apply now" in the top left corner to just "Sept Pass" and now it says Application Status: Unreviewed right beneath it, when it did not before. So they must have received it and updated the website but for whatever reason did not email me. Oh well - I'll just wait the 5 more weeks to get an answer.
    Last edited by diggity801; 10-16-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member
    I received another email his morning, wordings and meanings are similar:

"We recently received your application for the CISA certification. By passing the exam and applying for certification, you have taken a significant step in distinguishing yourself from other professionals.

The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 6 weeks) will depend on whether or not we have received all of your documentation (verification form(s), transcripts, etc). Should any additional information be required, you will receive a separate e-mail outlining the missing information. "
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 First 123 456 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks