+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread: CISA Sep 2013

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA
    Great, thanks Diggity! Much apprecaited!

One last question for you, not sure you will be able to answer this, but your opinion would be great!

The study approach that I took, given that I have an IT educational background and work for an audit firm, was to dive into the QA database right away and answer as many questions as I could. For those areas where I'd score low on, I'd review them in the Review Manual. With that said though, I haven't read the entire review manual word-for-word. I'd say that I've read about 60% of the Review Manual and have skimmed/reviewed the rest.

My major concern is, am I becoming too reliant on the QA database? Did you in fact read the entire Review Manual cover to cover, and if so, were you able to recall/retain everything on the exam?

To provide you with some perspective, I generally score around 85% on the questions I do, with my latest score being 82% on a full 200 question mock exam (just recently did this). I've also taken some other exams outside of the QA database to ensure that I wasn't simply memorizing the answers, but understanding the logic/concepts, and in those as well, I manage to score around 80-85% on average.

Should I be concerned? I'd really like to pass on my first try!

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

JS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, JNCIA-Junos, WCNA, SSCP, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry.stockholm View Post
    Great, thanks Diggity! Much apprecaited!

One last question for you, not sure you will be able to answer this, but your opinion would be great!

The study approach that I took, given that I have an IT educational background and work for an audit firm, was to dive into the QA database right away and answer as many questions as I could. For those areas where I'd score low on, I'd review them in the Review Manual. With that said though, I haven't read the entire review manual word-for-word. I'd say that I've read about 60% of the Review Manual and have skimmed/reviewed the rest.

My major concern is, am I becoming too reliant on the QA database? Did you in fact read the entire Review Manual cover to cover, and if so, were you able to recall/retain everything on the exam?

To provide you with some perspective, I generally score around 85% on the questions I do, with my latest score being 82% on a full 200 question mock exam (just recently did this). I've also taken some other exams outside of the QA database to ensure that I wasn't simply memorizing the answers, but understanding the logic/concepts, and in those as well, I manage to score around 80-85% on average.

Should I be concerned? I'd really like to pass on my first try!

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

JS
    Well, from what you have said, it looks like you are scoring higher than I did on the practice questions. Id still study the Sybex book at least If I were you. I did read all of the review manual, but I didn't stop to think over anything so I basically finished it in like 3 days. I just kept reading as fast as I could until I was finished.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA
    Maybe I should just read the Review Manual cover to cover in my last 3-4 days before the exam Not sure how feasible that would be though...

In any case, I appreciate your thought and feedback, and congrats again on passing! Hopefully I'll be joining you and all of the other successful test writers soon!

I don't know, I just sometimes feel that the QA database questions seem kinda easy... Feel like I'm fooling my self and I'm going to get my ass handed to me in the real exam... Hahah! I think my brain is just processing CISA CISA CISA all day now...

Feel free to share any other tips/tricks if you wish!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    still waiting for the hardcopy of cert ....

Over 21 days.

At last I paid renew fee last week.
    Hope to have the physical cert. I doubted they might not issue it if they didnt get paid.
    Last edited by matthew2012; 12-18-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, MCITP, MCSA 2012
    Are CISA review manual for 2014 available yet? If anyone can tell me please update me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, Security+, Server+, MCP, AAS-Applied Computer Systems
    Quote Originally Posted by maharaliel View Post
    Are CISA review manual for 2014 available yet? If anyone can tell me please update me.
    It's on the ISACA bookstore now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Social Networking & Bookmarks