+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA

Default Any drawbacks of ISACA student membership?

Hey all,

I am curious, are there any drawbacks of going the ISACA student membership route rather than professional if you are a full time student (on top of already working as a professional)? I ask this because their student membership rate is significantly cheaper than the professional one, and this is appealing because the exam(s) themselves are pretty expensive, plus study materials.

I just want to make sure going the student route won't interfere with me taking any of their exams and getting full certified status.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    See profile - 20 so far
    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    Hey all,

I am curious, are there any drawbacks of going the ISACA student membership route rather than professional if you are a full time student (on top of already working as a professional)? I ask this because their student membership rate is significantly cheaper than the professional one, and this is appealing because the exam(s) themselves are pretty expensive, plus study materials.

I just want to make sure going the student route won't interfere with me taking any of their exams and getting full certified status.
    Back when I was getting my bachelors degree, I went the student route for my certs. It was fine.

I think you can be certified with student membership and take the exams, and have the student membership count as full membership.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    GB,

Thanks a lot, that is what I was wondering. I went ahead and registered as a Student Membership and only paid $25.00 which is much cheaper than the professional level membership and I will still have access to the same discounts for study materials and exam prices.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks