+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1
    #1

    Default CISSP-ISSAP or CISM to fit with Cybersecurity Architecture job

    I passed CISSP since last year and have a plan to next cert. In my list have CISM and CISSP-ISSAP are candidate to take an exam but I've limit of budget, If I wanna be Cybersecurity Architecture what cert I should take? how difficult level of ISSAP compare with CISSP?

    and I wanna know pre-requirement of ISSAP and process after pass as well.

    PS. I've never seen ISSAP in job's requirement before, mostly is CISSP,CISM,CISA bla bla bla
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM
    #2
    I’d go down the CISM route.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member E Double U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,207

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by eazy502 View Post
    If I wanna be Cybersecurity Architecture what cert I should take?
    I don't think you need to take any certification to become a security architect (at least that's what the architect in my group says).

    Quote Originally Posted by eazy502 View Post
    and I wanna know pre-requirement of ISSAP and process after pass as well.
    https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/...Concentrations. I assume the process would be similar to CISSP.

    Quote Originally Posted by eazy502 View Post
    PS. I've never seen ISSAP in job's requirement before, mostly is CISSP,CISM,CISA
    This is exactly why I passed on the CISSP concentrations and moved on to ISACA.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,026

    Certifications
    Too many MCPs and MCTS, MCSA: Security, MCSE: Security, MCSA: 2003, 2008, 2012, MCITP: EA, CISSP-ISSAP, SCS DLP, GREM
    #4
    ISSAP isn't very popular, thus, you don't see it in job descriptions often (however, there are still some).

    I say it's easier than CISSP judging by the amount of knowledge required to pass, but it's harder because this knowledge is much harder to obtain. CISSP prep process was refined by the industry down to ~500 pages of info you need to cross the threshold. For ISSAP there are no good and refined prep materials.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, PMP, CAP, CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/G
    #5
    If I wanted a security architecture job I would probably look into a SABSA or TOGAF certification. To me the ISSAP was a more in-depth version of the CISSP but still covered much of the same materials. The domains were updated last year. I don't know if updated materials have been released yet.

    The materials for the ISSAP and ISSEP are in-flux right now. The CISM was one of the easier exams for me b/c the ISACA study materials/test questions matched up closely to the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Posts
    44

    Certifications
    COBIT5 Foundation,CSA+,CSSLP, CISM, CISSP-ISSMP, CEH, ITILv3 Foundations
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by eazy502 View Post
    I passed CISSP since last year and have a plan to next cert. In my list have CISM and CISSP-ISSAP are candidate to take an exam but I've limit of budget, If I wanna be Cybersecurity Architecture what cert I should take? how difficult level of ISSAP compare with CISSP?

    and I wanna know pre-requirement of ISSAP and process after pass as well.

    PS. I've never seen ISSAP in job's requirement before, mostly is CISSP,CISM,CISA bla bla bla
    I have the ISSAP lined up for this year, so I'll get back to you in a couple of months. I did do the CISSP-ISSMP and it's easier than the CISSP.

    The CISM is like a harder CISSP-ISSMP. It's a great exam but it's more for security management than architecture.

    I agree with the other guys that if you have to nitpick certs it's better to go with TOGAF or SABSA. You probably won't ever find the concentrations in job postings.
    Last edited by fitzlopez; 01-31-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    154

    Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, SSCP, SCF, CCSE, CCSA, CCNA:Sec:R&S, MCSA
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by the1picard View Post
    If I wanted a security architecture job I would probably look into a SABSA or TOGAF certification. To me the ISSAP was a more in-depth version of the CISSP but still covered much of the same materials. The domains were updated last year. I don't know if updated materials have been released yet.

    The materials for the ISSAP and ISSEP are in-flux right now. The CISM was one of the easier exams for me b/c the ISACA study materials/test questions matched up closely to the exam.
    +1 on SABSA and TOGAF.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    19

    Certifications
    PMP, CISM, CISSP, GNFA, GCIH, CEH, CCNP R/S, CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Splunk Certified Power User, Splunk Certified User, ITIL Foundation
    #8
    If you are looking for a Security Architecture certification for the Department of Defense, the ISSAP or ISSEP are the only two that will fulfill the DoD 8570 IA certification requirements for IASAE level 3. Otherwise, go for SABSA or TOGAF. I'm working in the DoD, so I'm pursuing the ISSAP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks