+ Reply to Thread

Default CISSP Domain Experience

Hey Guys, Im currently looking into taking the CISSP exam but wondering if I have the required experience for it. I currently have 3 years experience in IT Security and a Bachelors degree but I'm still lacking that one year experience. Previously I have worked as a security guard in my early career before IT. Would that position suffice for the physical security requirements? I'm pretty sure it would just looking for a second opinion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, HP APS, VCP 3-4-5-6, VSP,VTSP, SSCP, Veeam VMCE, CISSP
    The best answer to this, is to ask ISC2 directly. But if you are starting your journey toward CISSP, you will not be far from the 4 years mark once the exam is done.

So I would not care about your security guard experience. IMHO, I would not count on it unless you were designing physical security system.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISSP
    Yes you can try asking ISC2 direct although they may just reiterate what their documentation says. I would think you're best off waiting a year, unless you can give examples from your previous job that match a domain. What would you write to describe that role and how it relates to a CISSP domain?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks