+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Passed MALC Exam.. ITIL General Notes

I just passed ITIL MALC Exam and I would like to share with my experience.
    I companied service lifecycle module with service capability and I decided to go with (OSA, CSI, RCV & SOA).
    The main concept to pass the exams is to (think ITIL) and you will have this ability to (think ITIL) after you pass two intermediate exams where you will be familiar with ITIL framework and the other courses will add to you extra knowledge about ITIL. So do not afraid from ITIL!

To pass any exam you focus on the followings:
    1. Processes scope, purpose and its relationships with others put in your mind (no processes is island).
    2. Foundations especially SD it is very important and it will be with in all lifecycle stages.
    3. Roles, responsibilities, and focus on (Service owner, Service manager & CSI manager).
    4. Which roles connect be complained together (example: release and deployment with service validation and testing)

TIPs:
    • RACI you will have questions on it at least in two exams and put in your mind that must have one accountable and one to two responsible.
    • KPIs have be measured (percentage, number etc.), just have a good reading on it you do not need memorize it!
    • Always you have to consider the business

Good Sentences:
    • Check business/customer requirements, needs etc.
    • Gain high management commitment and sponsorship
    • Communicate what you are planning to do
    • Agree with IT and business the scope, reports etc.
    • Process is better than procedures ( in selecting best answer)
    • Make awareness/training about ITIL (in case you are introducing ITIL to your organization)
    Bad Sentences
    • Review case by case
    • Giving number and stats to high management ( put in your mid you have to fulfil each entity needs for example business needs is deferent than IT management needs)
    • Padding (lot of words without specific steps and process).
    • Call the customer/business and tell them you are sorry and you promise to enhance your service etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member Claire Agutter's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL V2 Manager, ITIL Expert, Business Analysis, OBASHI, ISO20000 Foundation, COBIT 5 Foundation, PRINCE2 Practitioner, DevOps FDN
    Congratulations! Some very helpful feedback there. I would add to make sure you know your case study inside out, you should have access to it before the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL Expert
    Congratulations! I'm sure it took a lot of hard work so I am glad that it paid off.

That's also good info to share and I agree with Claire. Familiarity with the case study is key. I don't know how I would have done on the exam without reviewing it thoroughly. If nothing else, it gave me confidence that there was at least one aspect of the exam that wouldn't present any stumbling blocks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
      • It is just like taking the exam inside an exam centre, the only exception is you can choose where to sit your exam. An exam proctor will take hold of your computer and guide you through your exam process.
      • In addition, there are many online ITIL® Foundation training courses available on the market. One can gain access to the course videos and learning materials immediately after purchase — without having to wait for the start of classroom lectures. Think of the saving in terms of transit time and waiting time.
      • Some Aspirants have reported that they can begin their studies and get certified over the weekend with online training and exam. Normally, online courses for the ITIL® Foundation level can be completed with 20-30 hours of studies And it is highly advisable to choose only “accredited” course as the quality and correctness of the content can be guaranteed.
    These are the most important tips I have learned from my ITIL® Foundation Certification preparation and exam taking experiences. Hope Aspirants can make use of these tips in their exam preparation to help them save a little time and headache.

The Foundationcertificate is a stepping-stone for everyone who is interested in learning moreabout ITIL best practices :
    http://www.itsmtech.in/

Wish you ITIL® success!

Last edited by ItsmHarun; 07-25-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi there, I am due to take my online MALC Exam tomorrow and have read that you should have access to case study in advance. Is this correct?. Can I print it out and take it with me, if I can get hold of the case study. I am worried that I will not have the sane chance as others if this is true.

Kind regards
    Lucy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member Claire Agutter's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL V2 Manager, ITIL Expert, Business Analysis, OBASHI, ISO20000 Foundation, COBIT 5 Foundation, PRINCE2 Practitioner, DevOps FDN
    Hi Lucy, did your training provider not give you access to the case study as part of your course? The case study used in the exam and training are the same, and you should be thoroughly prepared on it before taking the exam. If you have not had access to it I would consider deferring your exam.

Claire
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks