+ Reply to Thread

Default ITIL for personal career growth?

Has anyone pursued ITIL for personal career growth, even though they might not be going into management?

I have several years of Help Desk/Desktop Support experience. How I work is, I like structure to things. So I was intrigued by ITIL, and had considered pursuing it for personal career growth, even though I wasn't into management

If anything I thought it would help bring book structure to my thought processes and ways of doing things that I had acquired from work experience.

Since being laid off, I'm considering pursuing management/system admin. So why not kill two birds with one stone, personal career growth/possibility of going into management, by pursuing ITIL?

Would pursuing ITIL not be a good use of my time?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    It all depends if the jobs you are applying for use ITIL. I have a ITIL foundation certification. Hasn't helped or hindered me. Though I got the training/cert for free.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, HP APS, VCP 3-4-5-6, VSP,VTSP, SSCP, Veeam VMCE
    I am a consultant in IT for many SMB in Canada. For some of my larger customer, and larger propective customer, being ITIL mean something to them.. so I am currently taking a break in my CISSP study (2-3 week) to complete an ITIL Foundation certs.

Also remember ITIL Foundation is a very basic certification, for me I see it mostly as the "A+" for working in larger service Desk.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Its depend upon you to get certification of ITIL , but it is the best option for your career.
    All the best..............
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredoftests View Post
    I have a ITIL foundation certification. Hasn't helped or hindered me.
    I decided to get a few more, at the time I thought it would help, what I ended up finding was the same thing you did. Didn't help or hurt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks