+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 First 123 456713 ... Last
  1. SSNO

Certifications
    Secret Squirrel Ninja Operator Certified
    I was just sent an application to fill out from a Vectrus website. I actually looked at the link about three times and its 100% a Vectrus link. The link had nothing to do with HireRight at all, it was pretty simple just like a regular job applicaiton asking for ten years of work OR last three jobs. It also asked for three references. It didnt seem to bad honestly and didnt ask for W-2 or anything of that sort
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Guy9, two differnet things. The job application is a typical job application. Hireright is the background check for the security clearance, which requires you to fill out SF-86. You can take a look at it here

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/pdf/sf86.pdf
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhill5210 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. As for the conditions and such, I'm not worried about being in country. I deployed from 2004-2005 while in the Army to Afghanistan and seen just about the entire country. I was outside the wire many times for recovery missions, convoys, grenade ranges, etc. The conditions I am good with and excelled during my deployment. From the comments and reviews I've seen on other sites, people that have never been or don't fully understand what they are getting into is why I see a lot of them leaving. A lot of complaints are based on this and the loving conditions (which sound great compared to what I had then). I could be wrong but this seems to be a big issue for most, at least on the reviews. Of course you have to take into account when I was there as a soldier, E-3 then made E-4... The pay sucked and I was doing patrols and such. Going as a civilian making around 100K... No problem. Lol

thanks for the reply, hopefully I will hear something soon and get things going. Take care.
    LOL. Do you ever get use to the "IED IMPACT TAKE COVER...IED INCOMING"...then you wait for it...BOOM!.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Big Burger. Keep in mind these opportunities are jobs. Some can make it a career; however, it's quite draining. Yet you will establish TONS of connections for other IT jobs in areas such as Japan, Korea and Germany. It is a great job for single people.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec +, CCNA: RS
    guy9,
    The background check comes after you fill out the Vectrus application and sign the initial offer letter. Joel, Hireright is a job background investigation, not an investigation for a security clearance, which is performed by the US government. I already had a top secret clearance when I took the job from when I left the military. That's one of the reasons why I found dealing with hireright so frustrating. It's like, I already had a background investigation that's much more inclusive than the investigation hireright does, why do I have to jump through so many hoops for them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP, MCSE, Net+,CASP, MOS
    anhtran35,
    thank you for information! I notice that from reading the other posts that it seems that other Vectrus employees get vacations like every 90days to 180days, I'm hoping that will be the time I can relax some and take a break. My future plans is to get my CISSP certification. If i am not too tired from working 60hr weeks, I will try to squeeze in time to study for that exam. Then maybe take it during my vacation time. Does Vectrus pay for your exam if you pass? I'm shooting to be an Information Security manager.

I will keep that in mind about other jobs... I had a law office in the Jamaica Islands contacted me to work for them too but I decided to go with Vectrus for now. I'm looking forward to visiting other places in the world, the only thing that makes me a little nervous is that I don't know anyone in other country's so I got to be careful, i guess. not to mention language barrier too. I lived in Florida most of my life. English is my only language.. lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    They shouldn't have an issue paying for IT certs. Although the CISSP is among the more pricier certs and I'm not sure if they offer that at the testing centers in Bagram etc...you could always hit up a Dubai testing center. I will say there is usually tons of downtime.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. SSNO

Certifications
    I just received the offer letter for the IA Analyst in Kuwait. It is for $33.78 an hour and 56hrs a week. That equates to 1891.68 a week and 7566.72 a month and a little over 90K a year. Plus a 2K competion bonus. The original email the guy said about 115K.... Honeslty being that my salary is in that ballpark already I have to consider it deeply. In the states they take a few hundred out of my check a month for Federal/State that will probably add a few more K's to the salarly if I look at it that way. I will not have to pay rent so that will add a few more K's to the (take home) salary as well. I will probably continue feeling out all this paperwork tonight, more than likely.
    @wtrwlkr I knew joelsfood gave me some bogus information I just didnt respond to it I have had a clearance since 08 and I know the process all to well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ha yeah, sorry about that, was doing too much at once there an dnot thinking.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Guy9,
    Awesome.. that was the same offer for me too. I will be going to Kuwait also with the same hourly rate and 56hrs. I was told that about 100K is tax-free. I believe the federal/state is about 36% of your check but you will get it all instead of uncle sam. They also told me that they will pay for my room too with internet...

I did all the pre-employment steps, medical/dental check , background check, passport, etc too.. It took me about 2 months for me to complete all the pre-employment steps.Hopefully i will be leaving for kuwait soon.. Maybe I will see you there?

Congratulations guy9!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. SSNO

Certifications
    Big_burger

To be 110% honest. I worked in Kuwait for CSA like back in 2010/2011'ish before Triple Canopy took over the security contract. I've worked throughout the Middle East, mostly the dangerous places (no Kuwait is not dangerous). I honestly dont believe I have 6 blank pages on my passport, I highly doubt it I will have to check when I get home. That could be my only hold up. I will let you know. How was the HireRight process for you big_burger?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Hireright was simple for me... its quick and painless, but not so fortunate for others. My last employment lasted for 10yrs so I only had to provide that job status to them.. They only called my last employer and confirm that I was employed with them and showed proof of it too.. it was easy for me..

I thnk the most hardest/longest issue was gettig my security clearance. I currently have a temporary clearance and will know for sure in a couple more months when im total approved. I think all is good with my background so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I had to renew my passport and asked for the 52pages so I would not run out anytime soon. It does not cost any extra either. I had to pay to renew my passport. Vectrus did not cover that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server +, Six Sigma Whitebelt
    So an update to my situation... Had my technical interview this past Friday afternoon, got my recommendation email yesterday (Monday afternoon), filled out the application and got my offer letter today (Tuesday). From what i gather this is quick? Two days from the interview and I have an offer letter. Either they really like me or really need some sys admin 1 people lol. The process is a little different than I completely thought and have to sit down with the wife to discuss everything. I am more on the boat of diving head in but gotta talk with her before 100% committal. I will have to get an additional cert (my Network+ doesn't count) for this position and do the normal stuff after signing so it would be a few weeks if not months. Anyone have any better idea of how long it takes to get activated after all the stuff is done and you are put into the queue? I know I won't know which base I'd be at but I know it's in the Stan...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    jhill5210, my technical interview lasted for 45 minutes and then in two days got my job offer. I believe once you departure from Texas, you are considered as 'hired'.
    I too have to get another cert, i should be ready in 1 month or less.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, PCI-QSA, ISO27k LA, Sec +, Net +
    I too applied for the IA Analyst position, looks like they have quite a few of that contract available, maybe we will all be working together soon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server +, Six Sigma Whitebelt
    Big_burger, my interview was maybe 20 minutes. Not very long really. Either way it's nice to have an opportunity arise. I believe I am going to sign off on my offer letter and see what happens. Haven't yet, gonna sleep on it. I was told today the actual start date is the day you leave for CRC.

My my position will be Systems Administrator 1.

May be Robert, never know. May get to see some of you guys and gals if and when I get done with the prep and take the hop over.
    Last edited by Jhill5210; 05-20-2015 at 02:11 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCTS 70-680
    Just out of curiosity, do you all that are taking these positions already have security clearance?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Vectrus helped me get my security clearance. I think that was the hardest and most time consuming thing for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you all that are taking these positions already have security clearance?
    I had a TS.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec +, CCNA: RS
    Quote Originally Posted by anhtran35 View Post
    I had a TS.
    Same here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I had no clearance when I took the job, they got me a secret as part of the deal
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member
    I'm getting ready to head over to kuwait for IA analyst too. Just waiting for my CISSP to get back and I had to take CEH also and done with that thankfully.

I worked in kuwait for 4 years previously (along with afghan and Iraq for various companies) and have a bunch of friends still with ITT/Vectrus.

If anyone has any questions I'm sure I can help answer
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member
    Also has anyone gone over with a secret clearance and gotten them to upgrade you to TS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member TranceSoulBrother's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL v3, A+, Sec+, CEHv9, CHFIv8
    Anyone in or going to Qatar? I will be going to Camp As Sayliyah and was wondering if the Pearson Vue center is active. I plan on studying for and getting a few certs while there (Cisco and ISC2). Just wondering if they offer that, or if I have to go to Al Udeid. I won't mind that either, just want to know if I won't be stuck for a year with no technical advancement opportunities.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    wonder if there's any difference in pay between kuwait and qatar. used to get uplift in kuwait but not anymore so i'd imagine it's fairly similar. think i'd much rather go out there. may see if thats a possibility.

as far as testing sites, i can't speak with any authority, but there were tons in kuwait so i'd imagine the same.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 First 123 456713 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks