+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI

Default 2015 shoe thread

I know this has been covered before, but it's been awhile, and members change, etc.

I've had the luxury of jeans and sneakers for a year and a half, but my new role will require business attire. So I'm looking for fancy stuff that is still comfortable. If this was Reddit, I'd put a "Serious" tag on it... but my point is, I'm not asking if you get to wear sandals or those dumb shoes with the toes..

I need a nice shoe, that goes with dress slacks, and won't make my feet cry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    BSIT, A+, eJPT, GSEC, VCP5-DCV
    Sketchers have been about the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn. Even the dress shoes seem like sneakers
    http://www.skechers.com/men/styles/dress-shoes

I also have a pair of doc martens, which are pretty comfortable Men's Shoes | Official Dr Martens Store - US
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    I have a couple pair of Dr. Scholl's dress shoes that I wear when I work on equipment or are worried that I'm going to scuff them, because they are fairly inexpensive and I don't mind having to replace them. They are pretty comfortable and not bad looking. Got them at Wal-Mart.

For dressier days, I usually wear Dockers or Skechers.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, Project+
    Clarks. They make so good, comfortable shoes that last.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by alias454 View Post
    Sketchers have been about the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn. Even the dress shoes seem like sneakers
    http://www.skechers.com/men/styles/dress-shoes

I also have a pair of doc martens, which are pretty comfortable Men's Shoes | Official Dr Martens Store - US
    I didn't realize Sketchers even made dress shoes, thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Meeseeks View Post
    Clarks. They make so good, comfortable shoes that last.
    I think I just found a pair I'm going to order:

Glenrise Step Black Leather - Mens Loafers and Slip On Shoes - Clarks

never had a slip on dress shoe, but I like the looks of that one

Well, they ended up having a 2 for $99 sale, so I got those in Walnut Leather instead of black, and then got these in Black:

https://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens/me...her/p/26102873
    Last edited by Mike-Mike; 06-23-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+, Project+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Mike View Post
    I think I just found a pair I'm going to order:

Glenrise Step Black Leather - Mens Loafers and Slip On Shoes - Clarks

never had a slip on dress shoe, but I like the looks of that one

Well, they ended up having a 2 for $99 sale, so I got those in Walnut Leather instead of black, and then got these in Black:

https://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens/me...her/p/26102873
    Nice! Definitely going to have to grab me a couple.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, CySA+, Cloud+, CASP & IT Fundamentals+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL F/CSI/OSA, CCNA: Cyber Ops; CN CIoTP
    If you want all day comfort, similar to the feel of a sneaker but will last for many, many years: Bates Leather Durashocks Oxford. Only two downsides: price and they only come in black.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Are we having fun yet? UnixGuy's Avatar

Certifications
    CISM, GPEN, GCFA, eJPT, RHCE, Solaris 10, SNIA SCSP, Security+, Server+, ITILv3, CCNA (Expired)
    I don't have a particular brand, I have to look at the material and judge. I usually go Italian..
    Goal: MBA, March 2020
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member aftereffector's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CCNA R/S, CCNA Security, MCTS
    Allen Edmonds. Get the Park Avenue and then get something else later on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, GSTRT, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Are you anticipating walking a lot? i am curious as to what exactly you find uncomfortable.
    Are we talking the inner soles, the vamp, the toe box? For me the main issue is the vamp. I have a variety of Cole Haan, Kenneth Cole, Steve Madden, Joseph & Murphy, and a few Dockers that I could use all day long with no issue. If the problem is cushion you can try Nunn Bush with comfort gel.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. CSIT; CompTIA A+, Network+; CCNA, DA; CCNP R&S; CCDP
    Slip ons are my favorite! I have a pair of both tan and black, its hard to go back to shoelaces after wearing them for such a long time
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    Nice thread!
    I agree with Clarks being pretty darn good.

I recently got some timberland oxford that are really sweet (brown) but I'm in need for some black oxford, so nice thread! ty
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Which ever brand you choose, one rule I stick by is not to go cheap on shoes. It's something you use everyday and definitely want them to be nice, comfy, and to last awhile.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. 1 of the Cool Kidz!!! BradleyHU's Avatar

Certifications
    B.S. in CIS | MCDST | MCSA:W7/MCITP:EDST7
    my first question is how much do you want to spend on them? For shoes, i don't hold back on price.

Cole Haan has a lot of nice shoes. The hard bottom oxfords are classic & a great choice, but also the Lunargrands are comfy as hell too...

Kenneth Cole has some nice shoes as well.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Some of you guys have very expensive tastes.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, HDI, ITILv3, MCITP: SA, MCSA, VCP 5.5
    Slip-ons FTW!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    +1 for Cole Haan. They're a little more expensive, but will last you much longer and are very comfortable. I've worn them every day for about 4 years and they're still going strong.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Several
    We are business attire, business casual that is, and one day I forgot my shoes (don't ask how) and slipped into my new balance all terrain shoes instead. They are black.

Nobody said anything to me the entire day, and guess what, I wear them into the office every day I am here

One guy here wears blue colored lacoste shoes.

I love sperries

We can also wear uggs (like the mens slip on ones) if we wanted to.
    WGU Progress: In Progress | Finishing Bachelors Degree in IT-Security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: Cyber Ops, CSA+, Project+, Linux+
    I see guys mention wearing shoes for a year. I always find mine to look pretty scuffed and rough after a year, and I've done the polish thing.

I have like ~$60 dockers though. Could be the issue.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, CCNA: Sec, Security+, Network+, FCNSA, MTA 98-365
    Merrell makes a fine shoe and in several cross-over styles.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    If you want all day comfort, similar to the feel of a sneaker but will last for many, many years: Bates Leather Durashocks Oxford. Only two downsides: price and they only come in black.

these look pretty good, I'll keep them in mind after I try out these Clarks I ordered.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    Are you anticipating walking a lot? i am curious as to what exactly you find uncomfortable.
    Are we talking the inner soles, the vamp, the toe box? For me the main issue is the vamp. I have a variety of Cole Haan, Kenneth Cole, Steve Madden, Joseph & Murphy, and a few Dockers that I could use all day long with no issue. If the problem is cushion you can try Nunn Bush with comfort gel.
    I dont even know what the vamp is?

It's a new job with a new company, so I dont know how much I'll be walking. The last time I had to wear business attire, I worked downtown in high rise. All concrete and pavement then all tile floors. After several hours things just get sore. I used to work outside an AT&T tech, and years of that beat my feet and knees to death. So I try to go all comfort now.

I have Kenneth Cole and Stacey Adams now, but they are a little old, just figured I would update my attire for the new role. I used to have a pair of Nunn Bush I really liked, I forgot all about that until this post.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    Which ever brand you choose, one rule I stick by is not to go cheap on shoes. It's something you use everyday and definitely want them to be nice, comfy, and to last awhile.
    when I was younger, I definitely cheaped out on them, and that was a huge mistake. Now that I'm older and wiser, money is not really a problem, so I'm fine with spending a decent amount on shoes if needed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    I see guys mention wearing shoes for a year. I always find mine to look pretty scuffed and rough after a year, and I've done the polish thing.

my shoes never look good after a year. i got big clown feet and i always bump them on stuff
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks