+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Remote Jobs?

1. Member

Default Remote Jobs?

Anybody know any job boards that have a decent amount of telecommute desktop support jobs? Just something that I would like to explore. I've used a few boards but I can't find anything.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    HDI Certified Desktop Support Technician & Servicing HP Desktops, Workstations, and Notebooks for Onsite Technicians
    allot of the places that say the jobs are telecommute ( like dice.com) it's a mistake and the people that post this over and over again never get called out or corrected ever by their account manager, recruiters do this BS over and over again it seems to me, FYI

so ya good luck with that boss !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    I think support.com has remote jobs at that level, but in reality you're going to be hard-pressed to find something remote. That's typically for people that are software devs or have a decent amount of experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Linux+, Linux Essentials
    Upwork(formerly oDesk) might have some jobs, I'm not 100% sure on desktop support jobs though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Upwork definitely has desktop support level jobs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Flexjobs.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanthetechie View Post
    Flexjobs.com

I checked out Flexjobs and they have a lot! Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    So flexjobs, virtualvocations.com, and remotebase.io are the three I've seen. LinkedIn produces a few. Not seeing a ton on Indeed or Ziprecruiter. Any others?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    There's also a Git list of companies who support remote work: https://github.com/jessicard/remote-jobs
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Learning Linux & Python
    Next Up:​ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
    Reading:​ A Cloud Guru, Code Academy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    There's also a Git list of companies who support remote work: https://github.com/jessicard/remote-jobs
    That's awesome! Thank you!

Taking the CISSP in a couple weeks, so I'm heavily looking into a remote job. Just works better for me and my family.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    I would love to get a CCNA partially remote position. It'd be nice to go to the office Mon-Wed and remote on Thur-Fri.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Cisco addict

Certifications
    CCNA R/Security, NSE4/FCNSA, AS Network design, Net/SEC/A +
    I'm a remote network engineer

There's a lot of benefits to being remote and there are some downsides as well. I can work from anywhere as long as I have internet connectivity and a phone. Sometimes have to travel to other offices for work but mostly I work from home or families place when I visit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Hyper-V, MCSA: Windows 7, CCNA: CyberOps
    https://www.producthunt.com/e/find-a-remote-job

This is the grand daddy of remote job boards
    O
    /|\
    / \
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    Sec+, MCITP, CCENT,CCNA,
    Good thread, I'd love to have a remote job :-O
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    HOW DO I FIND A REMOTE JOB? PART 1
    Would you love to work remotely? Well there is no better time than now to make it happen. Businesses around the world are starting to embrace remote work at a rapid rate. Finding a new job is daunting enough, so here’s our handy guide on how to find a remote job today.

https://www.deekit.com/how-do-i-find...te-job-part-1/

HOW DO I FIND A REMOTE JOB? PART 2
    Previously we gave you the rundown on how to find the remote job of your dreams. Part two is a little different. This is the case study of how one of our team scored his role at Deekit! Did he follow the principles laid out in the first part of this article? Read on to find out.

https://www.deekit.com/how-do-i-find...te-job-part-2/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member PocketLumberjack's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA Cyber Ops, CCENT, CompTIA A+, N+
    https://weworkremotely.com/ This is setup by the creator of Basecamp and Ruby on Rails.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member PocketLumberjack's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA Cyber Ops, CCENT, CompTIA A+, N+
    Quote Originally Posted by SpetsRepair View Post
    I'm a remote network engineer

There's a lot of benefits to being remote and there are some downsides as well. I can work from anywhere as long as I have internet connectivity and a phone. Sometimes have to travel to other offices for work but mostly I work from home or families place when I visit.
    This is literally my dream setup, my wife works on a teacher contract and I would love to work from my parents lake and her parents place all summer.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Sticky this thread. This is a very popular topic that most strive for, even more than certifications...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseHead View Post
    Sticky this thread. This is a very popular topic that most strive for, even more than certifications...
    Agreed!!

Here is another remote job:

https://www.telenetwork.com/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkingStudent View Post
    Agreed!!

Here is another remote job:

https://www.telenetwork.com/

You could probably take one of the WGU stickies down and the job board one down and make it strictly remote. Everyone knows about indeed, glassdoor etc. But the remote job boards are still relatively unknown, relatively speaking.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    I agree that this should be stickied.

I may settle for another office job, but my goal is to be remote. I'm sure others are in that same boat.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by markulous View Post
    I agree that this should be stickied.

I may settle for another office job, but my goal is to be remote. I'm sure others are in that same boat.
    I'll take 75% of my current salary just to stay remote. I've made it known in other threads, but I absolutely despise waking up early, commuting, and sitting in a loud office just to click a mouse...
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Learning Linux & Python
    Next Up:​ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
    Reading:​ A Cloud Guru, Code Academy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    Sec+, MCITP, CCENT,CCNA,
    I'll take 75% of my current salary just to stay remote. I've made it known in other threads, but I absolutely despise waking up early, commuting, and sitting in a loud office just to click a mouse...
    Tell me about it, pretty much how I felt the last few years, especially when 90% of the tasks can be performed at home.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    I like starting work early so I can get off early, but otherwise I totally agree. I can click a mouse at home. I don't mind going in for meetings but even those can be virtualized.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    Totally agree. I get into work at 6:30 so I can leave at 3 and try to miss some of the traffic. At home I wake up at 6:25 on remote days are am logged in at the same time with no commute at all. I do the same job all day, if anything I'm usually more productive because no office chatter, many of the times I make lunch and work through it so they get extra time out of me then. At the end of the work day in the office I'm gone, at home I don't mind spending longer. It should be a win for the company but they don't see it the same way, it's a special benefit. Right now I'm 1 day a week remote, I'd like to push for more. If i had to go in, maybe like Tues and Thursday would be ideal.

Even when people are all at the office some of them call into the meetings just so they don't walk to another floor, so in that case why even bother going to the office?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks