+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL
    Quote Originally Posted by 100k View Post
    I have been interest in this program for a bit but not sure of its value vs a B&M. Can this get me up to a VP level or will I be capped at IT Manager?
    I think anything is possible with the right drive, faith, and passion!!

I plan to use this degree to take me up to a high level in management!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
    Congrats Dakinggamer87! From reading people's posts who did WGU, it's not easy, and a journey. May I ask, why the MS versus the MBA IT? I'm interested in WGU, but not sure what to pursue. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Congrats Dakinggamer87! From reading people's posts who did WGU, it's not easy, and a journey. May I ask, why the MS versus the MBA IT? I'm interested in WGU, but not sure what to pursue. Thanks.
    Thank you it was quite the journey and words can only give such a small subset into the actual experience.

I found the material more interesting to be honest with the MS over the MBA and more applicable to my career direction. I recently moved into a management position and my degree I was told was one of the key reasons I was selected over the large pool of candidates.

I took some MBA online classes training to fill in any gaps on the Marketing, HR, Budgeting, Accounting, etc.. shortly after I graduated from WGU.

So I feel very confident and prepared in my path to management and moving higher in my IT career walking by hard work and faith - Psalms 23:1

I hope that answered your question!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, Sec+
    Congrats!!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Estimated completion: November 2021
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Congrats! Hope you continue to your goals and aspirations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by shortiebs View Post
    Congrats! Hope you continue to your goals and aspirations!
    Thanks man!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,Sec+,EMCISA,MCP,CCENT,CCNA R&S,CEH,CHFI,Linux+,LPIC1,ECSS,ECES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,ECIH,ECSA,JNCIA,CPTE,CPTC,eJPT,GNFA,CySA+,GWAPT,ECSP
    Congrats! I agree. With belief in yourself and belief in God, nothing is impossible!
    2018: E|CSP Java ,CCNA-Security,CCNA Cyber Ops,Project+
    2019: CCSK,CWNA,CWSP,GAWN,Cloud+,CASP,GXPN,PenTest+,CPSA
    2020: CCSP,CISSP,eLearnSecurity Courses
    2021: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Sleeping is for the weak NOC-Ninja's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE-Wireless, CCIE-RS (written), CCNP-Wireless, CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, CCNA, CEH, CHFI
    Congrats, keep us updated once you get to the management level.
    Im interested on taking the MBA in IT.
    Labbing till I die.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC-Ninja View Post
    Congrats, keep us updated once you get to the management level.
    Im interested on taking the MBA in IT.
    Awesome and I will keep you all posted!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Wow... time has flown by.... I'm on my last couple classes, scheduling the CAPM exam for this weekend. It's been a good experience so far. If I REALLY busted my butt I could have finished in 6 months.. but it would have been very stressful. I just started my 2nd semester and hope to finish these last classes in a few months; maybe walking in Las Vegas if I make that deadline.

About the CAPM - did you do it though PearsonVUE? I'm a little worried about the "virtual whiteboard" - they no longer give the scratch paper of physical whiteboard to brain dump on the CAPM tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by m y w g u View Post
    Wow... time has flown by.... I'm on my last couple classes, scheduling the CAPM exam for this weekend. It's been a good experience so far. If I REALLY busted my butt I could have finished in 6 months.. but it would have been very stressful. I just started my 2nd semester and hope to finish these last classes in a few months; maybe walking in Las Vegas if I make that deadline.

About the CAPM - did you do it though PearsonVUE? I'm a little worried about the "virtual whiteboard" - they no longer give the scratch paper of physical whiteboard to brain dump on the CAPM tests.
    I didn’t take the CAPM as it was added to that degree program after I graduated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | ITIL-F v3 | CIW-SDA | MTA: OSF
    @Dakinggamer87I just read this post and I got to say that it was quite inspiring. I've been in school for a long time with no degree to show. It's been a struggle on the finical and personal front. Between my dad's health issues, to moving, to balancing work and studies, etc...I was feeling like I would never get a degree. I've been following this community for a while now and saw so many positive things coming from WGU that I took t he plunge again last year to start my journey in the B.S. IT Sec program. Facing similar issues again as previously mentioned I began to lose but in reading this post I'm remembering why I'm walking this path. I will use this to keep fueling my motivation until I cross the finish line. Thank you for sharing your success story and may God continue blessing you.
    Degree: B.S. Information Technology - Security [In-Progress]
    Currently Working On: CCENT
    2018 Goals: CIW-SDA [X], Security+ [X], CCENT [ ], Project+ [ ], CCNA [ ]
    Future Certs: Linux+, CCNA Security, CCNP: Routing & Switching, CCNP: Security, MCSA: Win 10
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    I’m glad it was able to provide you with some motivation and it was able to give some strong inspiration.

Thank you for the kind words and that is my hope to inspire people in the TE community and worldwide!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks