+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL

Default WGU M.S. - IT Management Degree Completed!!

I finally finished my journey at WGU and acquired my Master's degree. I just got my results a few hours ago from the Capstone Oral Defense evaluation earlier this afternoon and passed on my first attempt along with the Capstone Written Project. This was a very long, enduring journey over the last 12-13 months for me. There were times of joy, peace, pain, sorrow so many emotions along the way. It was painful at times along the way with many personal circumstances such as having to move twice during my program as well as having to maintain two jobs and my commitments with church,etc.. Life can always challenge you but I pressed on knowing that this would be for my future and to support my family and those around me who I love that are still with me!! My faith and trust in the Lord and many reminders helped push me forward and remind me of what is upon me and to come in the days and years to come both while on earth and my eternal destiny.

Thanks to all my colleagues, family, friends, and the community at TechExams who have supported me or reached out to me with encouragement. I value this community for not only how we support and help each other with technical knowledge or advice on our careers but as the people we are who strive for much higher and above the average. We as humans are capable of great things so press on my colleagues!! Good luck on your studies and God bless you all!!

This will help my resume immensely and I hope it opens doors as I continue to push towards management roles in the future!!

These passages gave me great strength, guidance, and encouragement during my journey:

Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My future plans will be starting my MCSE or some project manager certifications in a few months after I take some time off to unwind and detox from certs/degrees. I have many unfulfilled and unfinished projects that I would like to tackle. This includes my gaming backlog!! Do some traveling, reading (non-technical), and relaxing in nature and spiritually.

I already have trips planned for Brazil to see the Christ the Messiah statue this Fall and Iceland to see the Northern Lights in the winter!! I can't wait

I will be attending the graduation ceremony in July in Salt Lake City and applied to do a speech at the commencement so I'm looking forward to that in the near future!! I have no plans for additional school (PhD) but I will continue to be a lifelong learner through certifications and training. I'm 100% debt free - no student loans, credit cards, etc.. I never want that ever again!!

Courses:

-Risk Management - Passed
    -Current and Emerging Technology - Passed
    -Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance - Passed
    -Technical Writing - Passed
    -Power, Influence and Leadership - Passed
    -Advanced Networking Technology - Passed
    -Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response - Passed
    -Information Technology Management - Passed
    -Technological Globalization - Passed
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project - Passed
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense - Passed

I completed the goal!! I couldn't have done this without the hero of my life Jesus Christ and the love of my family and friends and their support once again was so wonderful.

#GlorytoGod, #FutureWGUgraduate, #greatnessawaits

Never give up on your dreams and ambitions!!

P.S. To the angel of my life I did it!!!!
    Last edited by Dakinggamer87; 03-22-2017 at 02:20 AM.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. user.Status = "Learning";

Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE CP&I
    Awesome job, man!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Stor+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP, ITIL
    Thanks buddy!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, Security+, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, MCSA: Windows Server 2012
    Congrats and good luck in all your future plans.

P.S. I'm jealous about your trips to Brazil and Iceland. Have fun!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member TranceSoulBrother's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL v3, A+, Sec+, CEHv9, CHFIv8
    Congrats.
    Hopefully, I should be done with the MBA in the next 2-3 months and say thanks/good bye to WGU (my second grad degree from them)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR750K2 View Post
    Awesome job, man!
    I look forward to you joining me at the finish line!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. cdx

Certifications
    CISSP, GSEC, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, Splunk Certified User, MTA
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU DAKINGGAMER87!!! CONGRATS! I can't wait in 1-2 years from now to tell you that I graduated with a masters as well!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSISA, MBA, RHCE, CCNA:R&S & CyberOps, Security+, CEH, CHFI, G2700
    Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Thank you everyone for the congratulations, messages, and kind thoughts I appreciate you all!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA, PMP
    A beautiful post! Congratulations on finishing up your degree, you have earned the R&R time.
    Currently Working On: PMI-ACP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ITIL-F 2011
    Congratulations! Well done. Well deserved.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by mzx380 View Post
    A beautiful post! Congratulations on finishing up your degree, you have earned the R&R time.
    Thanks man I hope I brought inspiration with the story of my journey!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Someone came to my place of work asking if we'd proctor an exam for him. The exam was the last thing he needed to do for his BS degree. That's where I first heard about WGU. I just signed up for the Masters program you've just completed.
    Would you say your 12/13 month time-frame was overwhelming? I have a full time job, and family (3 kids and a 10 month old). I'm looking at getting a masters degree to keep moving up the ladder.
    And congratulations by the way!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Congrats! You've done well and this is well deserved!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    A big congrats! No easy task and something to be very proud of

I'm working on the degree as well. I just finished the competition round with my team... we scored a 93% and now with task #2 complete... it's time to work on the company written project and video.

All the best and congrats again.

Hatch
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by m y w g u View Post
    Someone came to my place of work asking if we'd proctor an exam for him. The exam was the last thing he needed to do for his BS degree. That's where I first heard about WGU. I just signed up for the Masters program you've just completed.
    Would you say your 12/13 month time-frame was overwhelming? I have a full time job, and family (3 kids and a 10 month old). I'm looking at getting a masters degree to keep moving up the ladder.
    And congratulations by the way!
    Thanks for the congratulations very much appreciated!! I would say anything is possible. My added perspective is that during my degree I was balancing two jobs, church/missionary work, and a few other activities/routine projects so you can most certainly fight the good fight. I completed mine in about a year (12-13 month) timeframe.

The most important tip and advice I have is remember your why and keep that attitude of positivity. To quote one of my favorite passages - Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me or Jeremiah 29:11.

So, go for it and I'll be around should I be of any help or assistance. God bless you efforts and your family.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post
    Congrats! You've done well and this is well deserved!
    Thanks!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch1921 View Post
    A big congrats! No easy task and something to be very proud of

I'm working on the degree as well. I just finished the competition round with my team... we scored a 93% and now with task #2 complete... it's time to work on the company written project and video.

All the best and congrats again.

Hatch
    Thanks much appreciated!! You got this your almost at the finish line!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hey, how's it going I am. I am doing this same program, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could contact you for advice? Such as skype or email. I am not able to pm people on this website for some reason.

Thanks,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    Thanks much appreciated!! You got this your almost at the finish line!!
    Any chance I could talk to you about the program?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by msITmanagementhelp View Post
    Hey, how's it going I am. I am doing this same program, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could contact you for advice? Such as skype or email. I am not able to pm people on this website for some reason.

Thanks,
    I will message you and help however I can.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by techhelp432 View Post
    Any chance I could talk to you about the program?
    I will reach out to you as soon as I can.

What questions do you have?
    Last edited by Dakinggamer87; 10-24-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA, P+, CCNA, Security+, VCP6-DCV
    I have been interest in this program for a bit but not sure of its value vs a B&M. Can this get me up to a VP level or will I be capped at IT Manager?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks