Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, PMP, CCNP, CCDA, ITIL (F), Sec+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    Last post from OP 10/6/2017...

Quote Originally Posted by jibtech View Post
    Oh, I so hate Cisco.

But, after multiple false starts, ICND2 is complete and I am now CCNA:R&S certified as of this morning!

Today marks 6 months, since I sat for my Security+ and started this journey. As of this morning, I have one class/exam standing between me and a degree. That exam is IINS/210-260 for the CCNA:Security certification.

Back to the books. I am energized, and ready to get this over with!!
    WOW! How anti-climactic. Read this whole thread and you get one class/exam away from graduating and poof, end of thread. Hope you come back to fill us in. I feel cheated
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Don't feel cheated!

I started a new job last month, and that has impacted my study time. Having turkey day in there didnt help either.

Nonetheless, I expect to be taking the last test in the next week or two.

Have no fear, I won't leave you at the altar
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Does this mean you had to pay for a 2nd term?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Not at all.

The length of this thread may be deceptive, no doubt due to my longer novels/posts. But, I started this whole process in mid-March, and officially started at WGU on July 1st. I actually have until the end of the year to complete the last class.

I was out of work for 7 months, while this whole process was going on. I got a job offer in September, but didn't get to actually start working until 10/16. (Yep, I started working on my birthday. Best present I could ask for.)

I have spent 6 weeks getting into the rhythm, and making sure I know my way around the team and the company. Now that I am somewhat into the swing of things, I have started putting the time into studying again. 3 out of 4 days this weekend, and I am close to ready. Just a wee bit more to go, and I will have my degree!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Since I was so recently chastised for not keeping up with my story....

As mentioned above, I started working on 10/16, after about 7 months of not working. First off, I am so insanely happy to be working that it is ridiculous. Good job, good pay, good people. It has been fantastic, but it also derailed my studying.

The second impact to studying was actually more studying. If you remember back a couple pages, I also enrolled in a CISSP course, and received an amazing grant. The only catch was that I had to sit for the exam by 10/31. With me starting work on 10/16, that certainly was made more difficult.

I informed the powers that be of my predicament, and was allowed to push back my exam date.

That sort of explains all that has been going on in the background. I would also point out that there was a turkey and football themed holiday in there, too....

This week, I have finally gotten back into the swing of studying, though clearly with less available hours than before. As of Friday morning, my plan was to dedicate Saturday and Sunday to final prep for the CCNA:Security, take the test this coming week, and then knock the CISSP out.

It was 4 pm on Friday, when I realized that the CISSP was schedule for Saturday morning at 8 am.

Last night was a blurry, caffeine soaked frenzy of studying, followed by a really early morning of practice tests to identify how bad it was going to be. All three practice tests that I took this morning had me in the low to mid 80s. And wouldn't you know it, so did the exam.

250 questions, 6 hours allotted. I sat down at my testing station at 8:20 am, and was in the parking lot with a pass at 10:00 am. When it clicks, it clicks.

Now to find an endorser, and get this CCNA:Security out of the way.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Congratulations. Keep up the great work.

Since I was so recently chastised for not keeping up with my story....

As mentioned above, I started working on 10/16, after about 7 months of not working. First off, I am so insanely happy to be working that it is ridiculous. Good job, good pay, good people. It has been fantastic, but it also derailed my studying.

The second impact to studying was actually more studying. If you remember back a couple pages, I also enrolled in a CISSP course, and received an amazing grant. The only catch was that I had to sit for the exam by 10/31. With me starting work on 10/16, that certainly was made more difficult.

I informed the powers that be of my predicament, and was allowed to push back my exam date.

That sort of explains all that has been going on in the background. I would also point out that there was a turkey and football themed holiday in there, too....

This week, I have finally gotten back into the swing of studying, though clearly with less available hours than before. As of Friday morning, my plan was to dedicate Saturday and Sunday to final prep for the CCNA:Security, take the test this coming week, and then knock the CISSP out.

It was 4 pm on Friday, when I realized that the CISSP was schedule for Saturday morning at 8 am.

Last night was a blurry, caffeine soaked frenzy of studying, followed by a really early morning of practice tests to identify how bad it was going to be. All three practice tests that I took this morning had me in the low to mid 80s. And wouldn't you know it, so did the exam.

250 questions, 6 hours allotted. I sat down at my testing station at 8:20 am, and was in the parking lot with a pass at 10:00 am. When it clicks, it clicks.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+
    Congratulations on all your recent success! Very happy to see you are happily employed. Looking back i'm sure you can see even getting laid off was probably a good thing in that it motivated you get the degree. I have one semester left at WGU -- it's good to see some success stories. Make no mistake about it -- this is a success story.

Cheers,

Mike
    Have: CCNA, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+
    Future: BS IT - Security (WGU), CCNA Security, Linux+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, Security +, Net+, A+

Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, PMP, CCNP, CCDA, ITIL (F), Sec+
    Sweet! Great job. Lots of accomplishments this year! Still very inspiring from this end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    So close. So very, very close.

I have been studying hard for 210-260, for the CCNA:Security. I went ahead and got it scheduled for last Friday, as I was feeling pretty good.

For those not familiar with the exam, the passing score is 860/1000. Needless to say, this is not an easy test. All of that said, I managed a 786. With each question being around 14 points, I missed it by about 6 questions.

Fortunately, I know where I struggled. During the test, I struggled with the ASDM interface, as a result of the painful resolution on the test monitor, coupled with my limited familiarity. The low areas on my test results also reflected the content from the ASDM sims.

On the good side, I have been spending some time in the interface, both real world and in the Boson sims, getting more comfortable moving around.

My next eligible test day is 12/21. I am scheduling the test for 12/21 ASAP, so I have one more attempt before the end of the year, in case the retest doesn't go well.

Wish me luck. Last exam for the degree!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Social Networking & Bookmarks