+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, VCP5-DCV, VCP-Cloud, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2003, Security +, Net+, A+
    Task 2 complete and task 3 submitted. Should be ready to grab my 7th class no later than Friday. Only question I have is do I pickup Forensics and Network Intrusion – C702, Security Policies and Standards - Best Practices – VLT2, or Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response – FXT2.

I am leaning towards C702 since I am now working as a SOC Analyst.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucodex View Post
    Task 2 complete and task 3 submitted. Should be ready to grab my 7th class no later than Friday. Only question I have is do I pickup Forensics and Network Intrusion – C702, Security Policies and Standards - Best Practices – VLT2, or Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response – FXT2.

I am leaning towards C702 since I am now working as a SOC Analyst.
    I would get all of the essays out of the way and leave the cert for last. Nothing like an easy win at the end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    I'm thinking about starting this program beginning of January.

Can you provide insight on what the workload is like? Is it mainly more writing intensive or do you get opportunities for some hands on exercises as well?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, VCP5-DCV, VCP-Cloud, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2003, Security +, Net+, A+
    It's all papers or tests. There is really no hands on. 5 classes requires 2-3 papers each. 4 classes are tests to pass. Then you have your capstone which I believe is a paper and presentation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Thanks! I kind of figured it was all papers and exams being a masters program, but wasn't 100% sure as I'm not familiar with the competency based approach.

How have the papers been? Typical minimum page length or do they grade on quality over quantity?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    C688 passed! I decided to go for C702 while I prepare for my OSCP on 10/20. Not very confident in my OSCP after taking so much time off but it is what it is.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Original post will not allow editing anymore.

Classes Completed
    C701 - Ethical Hacking (CEH Certification) 8/11
    JIT2 - Risk Management 8/17
    C700 - Secure Network Design 8/24
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance 8/28
    C706 - Secure Software Design 8/31
    C688 - Cyberwarfare 9/19

In Progress
    C702 - Forensics and Network Intrusion

Remaining
    FXT2 - Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
    VLT2 - Security Policies and Standards - Best Practices
    LQT2 -Information Security and Assurance Capstone Project
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Assessment requested for C702. I'll be taking the CHFI exam next week. Let's hope it's a pass. That would leave me with 3 classes to complete by end of January.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    -->
    Great progress! One term is definitely within reach.
    A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member

Default C706

Hello everyone,

I am stuck on C706 secure software design. For the life of me I can not pass the assessment and I am currently working with a course mentor. I can not seem to grasp CMM and CMMI! I have looked up several things on the internet to try and remember the levels but so far no good. If anyone could suggest anything to help me remember I would be forever grateful! I am serious need, they are currently doing an appeal for me to take the test one more time. Please help me!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks