+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    GWAPT, GSEC, Associate of (ISC)2, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by beads View Post
    Most high level certificates require documented experience in order to sit for the exam.
    Just to be clear, you aren’t talking about expert certifications right? CCIE, GSE, the Juniper equivalent are all expert high level certifications, none of which require documented experience to sit/claim. Also, CISSP/CISA/CISM etc. all let you sit for the exam prior to having the experience and give a time frame you have to achieve and then get endorsed by somebody to claim the credential...although at times I question those that have been endorsed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGuru80 View Post
    Just to be clear, you aren’t talking about expert certifications right?
    PMP and related project management certs require proof you have the relevant years of project management experience before you can even register for the exam - vetting of the experience is done via random selection where they will contact your employers and references to see if you are legit and if not, you lose the expensive registration fee.

I suspect there are other high level certs that have this sort of barrier.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practioner, VCP-DCV, Storage+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Sec, Security+, CEH, CASP
    All this questions about whether to remove the certs, or the Master's or both or neither. Maybe just write a bunch of different resumes with the various permutations and send them out.

One thing I've become convinced of in my years of work and looking for work is that there is no magic bullet to getting a job: what one potential employer hates, another will love, and there's often no way to know the particular biases and fetishes of that next potential employer.
    2017 Goals - MCSA 2008, CISSP, CCNP:R+S, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    All this questions about whether to remove the certs, or the Master's or both or neither. Maybe just write a bunch of different resumes with the various permutations and send them out.

Careful now, Octal.
    Giving such advice might get you labeled as "deceitful".

lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanks everyone for this great advice. I've decided to keep my degree on my resume and take off my certifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Did you ever say what certs they are? If they are entry level certs i.e. A/N/S+, etc, then don't take them off.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks