+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    How much did you pay for your house? Is it worth the same today? Your last negotiated salary from another job shouldn't be relevant, either. You can explain that the salary from your last job was negotiated some time ago, in a different market, with different responsibilities, etc...usually the HR people are trying to fill in a blank on their form. If you live in a state where they can ask you, does that mean you have to give them an answer?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GWAPT, GSEC, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
    Usually background checks are conducted by the HR or security department, they do not normally share this information with department managers, unless they find something questionable in your past. For example, on my resume I omitted a job I was fired from on my resume, but I did list it on my background check application. I was fortunately I never had to fill out a job application, so wasn't in violation of the legal language they usually have.
    Correct but who do you think generally produces salary bands and signs off on offers? HR has a huge part in these policies, and can nix an offer if it’s against a policy or if they feel it’s too high...I’ve seen and heard of it a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCDX:NV - A+ Net+ Sec+ MCSA08 CISSP CCNA B.S. IT/WGU
    Unless you really need this role I wouldn't give them a salary history, personally I won't be providing that to any company that asks, IMO even asking your current salary isn't reasonable
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    I had my second interview yesterday and they asked for references and to do a background check. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by dave330i View Post
    I give my salary/compensation requirement before the interview. Need to make sure we're in range before both sides start spending time and effort. After that I don't care if they want my salary history.
    This
    If the numbers don't line up nothing else matters
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. 1 of the Cool Kidz!!! BradleyHU's Avatar

Certifications
    B.S. in CIS | MCDST | MCSA:W7/MCITP:EDST7
    Hit them with the "NDA" reason...they can't really object to that.

I'm so glad NYC passed this bill, it takes effect at the end of the month.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks