+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST MLS CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA CMFF CCO CCPA
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Same lol. I want the GATech OMSCS. One degree to rule them all. I'm looking at moving more towards dev/appsec/pentesting for my career, but wouldn't mind a full dev job.

I looked at UF's online BSCS but I am loathe to take 3 calc classes and 2 physics classes when I can teach myself everything in them and more, for free, and in far less time. Most other brick and mortar schools require the same too. So I'm going to submit my transcripts to WGU and see if I can get all the gen ed stuff transferred in and just do the bachelors level CS stuff.
    Let me know how you make out. Considering applying, but won't be able to start till January.
    WIP:
    Python
    Java
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    Bachelors of Science in IT, MTA, SEC+, CSA+, CPT+, CASP, CSAE, CNSP, CNVP, C|EH, OSCP, Splunk Certified Admin
    So are you wanting the classes just for the degree or to learn how to code? There are numerous cheaper and better ways to learn coding if that is your ultimate end goal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST MLS CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA CMFF CCO CCPA
    I'd like the degree and the knowledge that comes with it. A lot more to Computer Science than learning to code and for my aims the knowledge gained from a Computer Science degree is essential. I could purchase a bunch of courses from Udemy if coding were my only goal.
    WIP:
    Python
    Java
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks