70-461, Teradata Database Certified Associate
    +1 Powershell, great start.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    RHCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertaz View Post
    Only if you send us stuff from Timmy's.
    I mean I can but it's like asking a Yankee if he'd send us stuff from McDonalds
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGirl View Post
    When I read your post I was initially going to comment.

Then i figured I would back up my comment before I commented.

I went to indeed.com the favorite job board of Americans everywhere and inserted DevOps into the what field. I randomly selected 5 job postings offering large amounts of money and I am 0-5 with seeing PowerShell listed. I am a firm believer in giving advice if I think my life experiences, education, or certifications can change a person for the better. But, PowerShell.......

is not listed on the 5 random postings I found paying large amounts of money. We are for the money. So, whatever the job/title the end goal is to move up. Here are a few of the random postings:

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0f...rom=serp&vjs=3

DevOps Engineer Green Card or Citizen job - Xceed Search Partners - Phoenix, AZ | Indeed.com

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=6e...rom=serp&vjs=3

I am not saying if I spent 3 hours going through the job boards I would not find powershell listed. I am just saying I was 0-5.

I would tell the original poster to look at job descriptions. Look at what organizations are asking for. That is the best advice I can give.

Good Luck.
    I'm researching devops on techexams.

I think this was a good response; research what's out there.

The elephant in the room:
    How fast does what's out there change?
    You research what's out there ...
    You pursue education/training accordingly.
    But what's out there is changing/changed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, CCNA R&S, VCA6-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSec14 View Post
    We call these hires unicorns. My team has been trying to fill a position which is pretty much DevOps, but either we can't find anyone with the skills needed or if we do we can't afford their asking price.

This statement says a lot. A company that wants DevOps skills, but doesn't want to pay for it. It's nonsense when you think about it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Ismaeljrp View Post
    This statement says a lot. A company that wants DevOps skills, but doesn't want to pay for it. It's nonsense when you think about it.
    Interesting thoughts (for prospective job seekers). I can only imagine what it'd be like once you're on the inside.

When I was job searching, one question that came up for Help Desk jobs, how many tickets did you handle/resolve daily?
    I had a recruiter said their client had reps who handle 60 tickets daily.

I was impressed.
    In my previous job I handle 7-10 tickets daily (but I did tier 1 and 2 support).

But in hindsight, I should have asked, what do they do, reset passwords all day?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks