+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 199 First ... 98148188194195196197198 199 Last
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 4962

Certifications
    ITIL, CWTS, A/N/S/Serv+, ServiceNow x3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielm7 View Post
    I've never been asked for a transcript, nor seen anyone else need one either. You have a diploma, who cares where your past grades are from?
    For grad schools, mostly. I agree it's rare for an employer to ask for transcripts. Anyways, would appreciate if anyone familiar with WGU could say what transfer credit looks like on the WGU transcript.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member PC_Load_Letter's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSE, ITIL
    I can say that any respectable grad school will ask for all your past transcripts. Even if you have a degree they will see the transfer of credits to that degree and want you to submit all schools. You will get a chance to explain yourself. I was similar and flopped a lot when I was younger.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    This post is invaluable as someone who's looking to go to WGU. I had quite a few reservations about doing something online but I have quite a bit more confidence from reading people's interactions with this institution.

By the way, the WGUStudentHall link is no longer valid.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    There are a few different way grades show on the transcripts. For IT purposes, a completed Associate degree covers most general education requirements (such as science, language, etc) and shows the same as taking a cert on your own time after enrolling. These courses will appear on the transcript as "Requirement Satisfied". Individual courses from degrees less than five years old that fulfill the requirement for a WGU course will appear on the transcript as "Transfer". All other courses taken and completed through WGU appear as "Pass" or "Fail". There is no indication on the transcript as to where the transferred in credits or requirements met came from.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    What's the best way to do well on PAs?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSISA, CISSP, ECES, CHFI, CNDA, CEH, MCSA: Win7, MCITP:EA, Security+, MCTS, MCPS(x3), SAIC SAST Level 3
    So I'm T- 1.5 hours from my oral defense presentation, then the MSISA will be mine! The prospectus and capstone report were beasts. 24,000 words, 70 pages. Both were accepted on first submissions, so I'm hopeful its now smooth sailing. Mentally exhausted, but it's gonna feel go to have this behind me. I may do a lessons learned post for anyone doing the MSISA (when I have time that is)
    Dragonsden, MSISA, CISSP
    ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA/CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    Master's: MSISA/WGU (Done 6/17)
    2016 Cert Goals: CHFI (Done 7/16), CISSP (Done 9/16), ECES (Done 9/16)
    2017 Cert Goals: CNDA (Done 3/17), MCSE (2012 --> 2016 - On Hold), CISSP-ISSAP, (Due 7/17), Linux+ (Due 8/17), OSCP (Due 12/17)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsden View Post
    So I'm T- 1.5 hours from my oral defense presentation, then the MSISA will be mine! The prospectus and capstone report were beasts. 24,000 words, 70 pages. Both were accepted on first submissions, so I'm hopeful its now smooth sailing. Mentally exhausted, but it's gonna feel go to have this behind me. I may do a lessons learned post for anyone doing the MSISA (when I have time that is)
    You got this. I start July 1st. Cant wait.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSISA, CISSP, ECES, CHFI, CNDA, CEH, MCSA: Win7, MCITP:EA, Security+, MCTS, MCPS(x3), SAIC SAST Level 3
    Victory! It's all now in the review mirror. Can't believe it's done. What am I gonna do with this new found free time? (certs?)...I'm taking a nice long break for all of it, hang w/ the family and binge out on Vikings. Finally, pressure is gone!
    Dragonsden, MSISA, CISSP
    ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA/CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    Master's: MSISA/WGU (Done 6/17)
    2016 Cert Goals: CHFI (Done 7/16), CISSP (Done 9/16), ECES (Done 9/16)
    2017 Cert Goals: CNDA (Done 3/17), MCSE (2012 --> 2016 - On Hold), CISSP-ISSAP, (Due 7/17), Linux+ (Due 8/17), OSCP (Due 12/17)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Security+
    I'm a little confused on how the GI bill works here. I see that 18cu is required to be considered full term. But considering this is self paced, how does that work? If I get through 18cu in 2 months will I receive full benefits for the remainder of the term?

Also, is there any way to attend anything locally that will give the location-based BAH rate rather than the reduced online only BAH?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by ck86 View Post
    I'm a little confused on how the GI bill works here. I see that 18cu is required to be considered full term. But considering this is self paced, how does that work? If I get through 18cu in 2 months will I receive full benefits for the remainder of the term?

Also, is there any way to attend anything locally that will give the location-based BAH rate rather than the reduced online only BAH?
    When you attend WGU you are enrolled as full-time, no problems there. As far as the locality pay for BAH, not sure how you would do that. You can take a blend of online and in person classes and rate it, but not sure about different schools. Good luck and welcome. I had a great time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSISA, C|EH, C|HFI, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    When you attend WGU you are enrolled as full-time, no problems there. As far as the locality pay for BAH, not sure how you would do that. You can take a blend of online and in person classes and rate it, but not sure about different schools. Good luck and welcome. I had a great time.
    Don't think you can enroll at two schools full time with the GI Bill though...

The gist with WGU is you will get the reduced online only BAH but it does increase in August of this year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, too many MTAs
    Quote Originally Posted by CISSPorBust View Post
    Which is better to get Bachelor of Science Cybersecurity and Information Assurance or Bachelor of Science Information Technolog - Security?
    One is more geared towards being a network administrator role, while the other is more cyber security analyst.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S Sec+
    I'm enrolled to start Network Operations and Security on November 1st. I completed my CCNP R&S recently which puts me at about 18% completion. I'm planning to ideally put around 5 hours a night minimum towards study. Do you think it would be plausible to complete the content in a year or am I overshooting? Thanks in adv.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    Just out of curiosity, if I were to go for BS IT Sec.. how long would it take me and how much would it cost?

I took community college courses for an Associates program like 7years back. I completed all the computer courses (had about 100 credits) minus a few math classes needed for AAS. I have current Sec+/Net+/Serv+
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA R/S, Security [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS: IT Security, AAS: CIT, CCNA,CCNA:S, CCNP, CCDP, ACMP (Too many Comptias)
    Figure it is going to cost you $3000 every 6 months and how long it takes depends on how much time you put into it and how quickly you grasp the material. Assume high. Assume it will take you 3 years (So $18,000) and then work it down. That gives you an idea and a goal. Then hit the ground running and see how fast you can grasp the material.

If you do well that may go down to 2 years.. then 1 year. And then you save in the end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    I'm starting classes on Nov 1st at WGU and wanted to know if I can take the ITIL and network + test right away once I start. I been studying for these test for about 2 months now and will be ready to pass them in November. So will they let me do that?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Datcyde View Post
    I'm starting classes on Nov 1st at WGU and wanted to know if I can take the ITIL and network + test right away once I start. I been studying for these test for about 2 months now and will be ready to pass them in November. So will they let me do that?
    Normally they have some requirement that you pass a practice test with a score over 80% or something like that. Other classes you need to complete all of the course material before they will issue you a voucher.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member
    The WGU websites states that one of the way to meet requirements for admission is to receive a "High level certificate", Is the A+ enough?

"Hold high-level IT certification in network, security, programming, data management, operating systems, or hardware management earned within the last five years."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denis92 View Post
    The WGU websites states that one of the way to meet requirements for admission is to receive a "High level certificate", Is the A+ enough?

"Hold high-level IT certification in network, security, programming, data management, operating systems, or hardware management earned within the last five years."
    I am pretty sure they use the same list as the certifications that can transfer into WGU:
    https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/it_ce...Certifications

In which case, A+ is an option. I would strongly suggest verifying that with an Enrollment Counselor though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member
    Want to begin the MBA:ITM at WGU soon, but am concerned about the lack of AACSB accreditation. Has anyone noticed this as a hindrance? I currently work in IT support in academic healthcare.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameNoob View Post
    I'm enrolled to start Network Operations and Security on November 1st. I completed my CCNP R&S recently which puts me at about 18% completion. I'm planning to ideally put around 5 hours a night minimum towards study. Do you think it would be plausible to complete the content in a year or am I overshooting? Thanks in adv.
    If you commit yourself to it then sure it's possible.
    Up Next: CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member
    5 questions. I am only on page 88 of this infinite thread and I just have to ask at this point. I feel I'll never get done reading

1. I have a BS in a business major from the mid/late 90's from a RA University. Most of my Gen Ed classes were taken as far back as 1994.

Does WGU have an age limit on Gen Ed courses? I have found mixed answers all over the web. Some say no age limit, some say 20 years.

2. When you take a class with a cert attached to it, is the cert exam the final exam for the class or do you have a separate final exam to take as well as the cert exam?

3. I read some posts on the WGU subreddit that made me think that WGU pushes it's students to complete a certain amount of classes every term and if you do not you get booted from the university.

Is this true? If so, what is the minimum amount courses do they expect you to complete per term?

4. Concerning Gen Ed science labs: if a WGU degree requires a Science course with a Lab unit, but I only took science course with no lab, how does that work? Does WGU transfer the class credits and make me take the lab through WGU or do they not transfer the class at all and make me take both the science class AND the lab through WGU?

5. When I was at University, they did not have "Eng Comp I" and "Eng Comp II" as it seems 99% of the colleges/univs do these days. They required:
    -Eng Rhetoric & Composition (3cr) (assuming your SAT scores were good enough)
    -Speech Communication (3cr)
    -Eng - Business writing (3cr)
    -A "Writing Across the Curriculum" upper level (4xxW) course, which is a writing-intensive course within your major (3cr).

Do you think all these will all transfer into WGU to knock-out both Eng Comp I & II or might I still have to take one or even both?

I know no one can answer transfer question for certain, I'm just looking for what others have experienced.

That's it..for now
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    1. I transferred GenEd this year from 1996. That is at least 21 years.

2. The cert is the exam.

3. You are expected to completed the equivalent of 12 credits each term. You won't get booted, but may end up on the equivalent of academic probation. Do it enough, you might get booted.

4. No idea.

5. They will evaluate the course content for equivalency. Might be through ACE, might be a review of the syllabus, etc.

As always, my situation isn't your situation. Definitely talk to an enrollment counselor.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member
    How do they get a syllabus from a course offered 15+ years ago? I certainly can't produce it for them
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks