+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 260 First ... 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238 ... Last
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6491
  1. kgb

Certifications
    Java SE6 Programmer, Sec+, Net+, Proj+, A+, Bunch of CIW's, Bunch of MTA's
    Congrats!! Can't wait to be able to say that myself
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.

Certifications
    N+, A+, S+, CCENT, P+, CSSA, Datto Tier 2, MCTS Win 7 Config, CEH, CHFI, G2700, FCNSA, MCSA: 2012
    Congrats Pishof! For those of us that are finishing here shortly, anyone doing the winter commencement?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.S. IT, VCP5-DCV, MCSE: Server 2012, MCITP:SA
    Thanks all. Started last March, 2011. I was planning on finishing in two terms instead of three but the MCITP:SA exams slowed me down much more than anticipated.

Just waiting on graduation paperwork to go through so I can bring that piece of paper into work and negotiate a raise.

Edit: I'm enrolled in WGU Indiana so our commencement is in the fall.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

MCSE 2012: Finished
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA
    does anyone fly to the graduation ceremony i see some people arent interested in going through it. Is that because those guys dont think its a real deal degree regardless of the accreditation. I know i'll go to the ceremony once i'm done its a huge milestone for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA (R&S, Sec), WGU BS:IT Sec, MCTS: Win 7 Config, Sec+, Project+, Storage+, Net+, A+
    It's a huge milestone for me as well, but I just can't justify the expense. It's just like my wedding. We spent a total of $200 on the license and the justice of the peace to marry us in our living room. Why spend more when we can spend less for the exact same outcome? Her father even gave us $5000 for the wedding and was extremely happy when we put it our savings and had the bare minimum wedding.

I paid my tuition and have my degree. Why double my expenses to just walk in a silly costume?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    N+, A+, S+, CCENT, P+, CSSA, Datto Tier 2, MCTS Win 7 Config, CEH, CHFI, G2700, FCNSA, MCSA: 2012
    Chances are i'm not going to walk for my BS degree, however when I finish the MS, I have every intention of doing so. I think my mother would kill me if I didn't, she needs that photo op since I did homeschool and didn't have a traditional graduation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    I like how you did the wedding. I keep telling my girlfriend I dont see the reason behind spending $20k+ on wedding for a single day having 200 people who you barely talk to come to the ceremony. I rather have something intimate with 30 people my closest family, friends, etc. I feel that money is best spent to contribute to a nice down on a house. I suppose your right not justifying the expense to fly over.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    lol Yea my mom wants the picture also. I'm not sure if it'll be worth it just yet for me to go for my masters. My older brother who is in the finance dept at the local college told me go for it since everyone has it now. Everyone in his office has a masters minus him and thankfully he has the experience to back his bachelors. If i do idk if i'd do it through wgu i'll do it online but a well known school in jersey for much more $$$ of course.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Delivering

Certifications
    MBA
    Just submitted Task 3 for JDT2 HR. Fingers crossed hopefully it will come back with a pass. The first time I either got 4's or 0's LOL

2/3rd's of the requirements I passed though so this time it should even be better!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+
    Interesting to see that WGU doesn't seem to be doing the database concentration anymore. Maybe I'm behind on that knowledge. Guess they weren't getting enough entrants to justify it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    I was told that I had to pay the $60 application fee and was not informed that my current employer (at&t) was a corporate partner. When I asked the enrollment councelor if they were, I was given a code and all fees were waived. They will waive fees but the information is not volunteered.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCENT, CompTIA A+ , CIW something
    Well, I have been a longtime lurker on this site, but never really posted much. I never had a need to with some good mastery of the search function I was able to find just about any answer I needed. I took the plunge and completed my intake interview today and I am starting on Aug. 1st. My enrollment process was pretty smooth and my enrollment counselor was very helpful. Thanks to you all for your success stories and the motivation for me to start and finish this chapter in life. I can't wait to start.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member spiderjericho's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, BCNE, CEH, CISSP, CCNP R&S, CCDP, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Net+, Sec+, B.S. IT, B.A. Communications
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevernamehere View Post
    Interesting to see that WGU doesn't seem to be doing the database concentration anymore?
    I like the school, but I foresee the quality of the program being so much better in 5-10 years. I think they have way too many IT programs. I wouldn't mind just sys admin, network engineer and security tracks. Also develop their own in-house curriculum more.

Then injecting maybe a C or C+ course or visual basic in general Ed level, a beginner computer course.

Throwing LPIC/Linux+, VCP, Server+, possibly RHCA, a data center or design course and a server security course for sys admin track. Dump the MCSE and keep Server 2012/2008, active directory and include Exchange.

Throw in JNCIA, CCDA, LPIC, JNCIS ENT, CCNA Security into the Network Engineer track.

Security can have CASP, SSCP, CEH, CCNA Security, CIW Security Professional and CISA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Delivering

Certifications
    MBA
    @ Clevername

I never saw the value in getting a degree around database. Always sounded weird, development makes much more sense. SQL is easy to learn, no need to make a bachelors out of it. Now development on the other hand has a lot of material, enough to make a bachelors out of and you can even make a course or two related to database.

I wish WGU would create a Computer Science degree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    Got a nice, little 8 GB flash drive in the mail today for On Time Progress for my degree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    8 GB? Dang, I think I got a 2 GB one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. kgb

Certifications
    Java SE6 Programmer, Sec+, Net+, Proj+, A+, Bunch of CIW's, Bunch of MTA's
    Quote Originally Posted by N2IT View Post
    I wish WGU would create a Computer Science degree.
    This x100000000000000. I would get another Bachelor's if they ever started offering one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Delivering

Certifications
    MBA
    It would be pretty tempting however the MBA program has been everything I could handle and then some.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Network Engineer techie2012's Avatar

Certifications
    A+; Net+; Sec+; Proj+; CCNA; CCNA: Sec; A.A.S Network Administration B.S IT:Security
    lol WTH...mine was 4GB...seems they give out whatever surplus at the time...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    70-680 Passed!

Aside from submitting the paperwork, I am now done with my BS degree. That takes a huge load off of me and I feel really good about it. Now, a short break and on to the MS:ISA.

Edit to add: 1 year and 4 months to the day. Aside from a couple of set backs, I exceeded my own planned progress. Going to eat something expensive and drink myself slightly silly.
    Last edited by Hypntick; 06-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. The whole Shebang! hiddenknight821's Avatar

Certifications
    BS: IT-Security, AAS: Applied Computer Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security
    Congrats Hypntick! Can't wait for my turn soon. My new term starts tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCP/MCTS - Network Infrastructure, CIW Web Foundations Associate, CIW Javascript, Linux+, A+
    grats Hypntick!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member spiderjericho's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, BCNE, CEH, CISSP, CCNP R&S, CCDP, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Net+, Sec+, B.S. IT, B.A. Communications
    Congratulations, Hypntick.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCENT, CompTIA A+ , CIW something
    Congratulations Hypntick. I hope to have that same accomplishment in about 18 months from now roughly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA, CISSP, MCSA 2003, MCITP:EA, MCTS: x4, VCP4/5, and others not worth mentioning
    I'm really hating the new exam retake policies. For those of you that don't know, if you fail an objective exam (including third party vendor exams, such as MS) you have a mandatory 14 day waiting period before you can re-take, and you have to do a bunch of busy work before the course mentor grants you permission to retake.

I understand where they're coming from, but it's an absolute pain to deal with. 73-643 has got me twice - as it has gotten several others, that exam goes WAY deeper into the material the objectives and prep material lets on - and I've been cleaning up on all the practice tests and exercises the CM is giving me, and it's getting to the point that doing is stuff is distracting me from doing hands on stuff on my own, which is the only thing that is actually going to help.

Add to that the fact that the guy is hard to reach, and it can be a week between calls, it gets pretty frustrating. It's enough that I'm not even going to attempt 73-647 this term - I'll just request my capstone so I can wrap that up, and do one more term with only 1 class remaining.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks