+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 284 First ... 184234274280281282283284
Results 7,076 to 7,082 of 7082
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, Security +, Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmueller View Post
    How much credit did they give you for your degree and certs? Knock off one or two classes?
    I didn't get any credits. The MSCIA program only has two certs that accompany it. CEH and CHFI. I'll be taking the CEH this week and should be turning in the Risk Management paper shortly thereafter. It's looking like I'll finish at minimum 4 courses this first semester but if I can get 6 done I'll be on target for a 2 semester completion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucodex View Post
    I didn't get any credits. The MSCIA program only has two certs that accompany it. CEH and CHFI. I'll be taking the CEH this week and should be turning in the Risk Management paper shortly thereafter. It's looking like I'll finish at minimum 4 courses this first semester but if I can get 6 done I'll be on target for a 2 semester completion.
    Would you be willing to post the transfer requirements for each of the classes in your program? I think they send out a few pages that you should have received.

Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. The ceiling is glass. PJ_Sneakers's Avatar

Certifications
    AccessData, Cellebrite, CompTIA, EC-Council, IACRB, (ISC)˛, Microsoft, MSAB
    There are only two for the MSCIA program, the CEH and the CHFI. They can be waived by... CEH and CHFI. Lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Too many MCPs and MCTS, MCSA: Security, MCSE: Security, MCSA: 2003, 2008, 2012, MCITP: EA, CISSP-ISSAP, SCS DLP, GREM
    Just passed older (003) version of CompTIA Project+ exam, thus finishing the C176 "Project Management" course.

I skimmed through the course and paid attention basically to "summary" and "exam essentials" sections. Turned out that they didn't cover a lot of important things, lol. But anyway, reading through all the chapters was too much for me because of TLDR and me having tens of years of practical management experience. Did some test questions.

Took post-assessment and scored aweful 56% score, only 1% higher than pre-assessment. That threw me off but it was too late already as I scheduled my P+ exam.

I hated the course. For example, a part of a project management plan that deals with human resources is "staffing management plan" according to CompTIA and not "human resources management plan". They even try to catch you if you bite the good sounding "human resources" lol. In real world nobody gives a crap about these names, the phenomenon these names point to is what matters.

Anyway, showed up for the exam, spent full 90 minutes, last 10 was reviewing marked questions, changed two of them. Scored 766 out of 900, passing score was 710.

This version of exam is scheduled to retire on the last day of Sept, I'm hearing that this version is the last lifetime version, the next will require continued education, etc.

Now to "Principles of Management".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by satxwes View Post
    I received 74 transfer credits (27 from community college classes, and 47 from IT certifications). It all depends on your certs and the program, however. I'm in the BS IT: Network Administration, mostly because that lined up well for transferring my Microsoft MCSE and PMI: PMP certifications. Overall I was quite pleased with the transfer credits they gave. No complaints here!
    Hmm, do they accept transfers of math/reading from your college, or do they insist on independent assessments of that? Also curious if they take into consideration what you already took on what I like to call "useless diversity requirements" like Anthropology, Hawaiian Studies(LOL), etc. My primary concern with moving to another State with a better job market right now is the fact that I might have to start entirely from scratch if I pursue a Bachelor's outside the State.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    New term started for me today, but I switched programs and now I don't have a new student mentor yet. I was told a couple of days before I get a new one, but feel like this should've been done before the new term even started.
    Up Next: CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N7Valiant View Post
    Hmm, do they accept transfers of math/reading from your college, or do they insist on independent assessments of that? Also curious if they take into consideration what you already took on what I like to call "useless diversity requirements" like Anthropology, Hawaiian Studies(LOL), etc. My primary concern with moving to another State with a better job market right now is the fact that I might have to start entirely from scratch if I pursue a Bachelor's outside the State.
    Yes. most of the general education stuff will transfer over. Even what you call the UDRs can possibly transfer over. (A humanities course could fill a humanities requirement, for example.) But, that should be true for just about any college. As long as the college you are transferring from is accredited and recognized, you shouldn't have much difficulty transferring them to a new school. There will always be pieces that don't match up, but you would rarely lose it all.

I would suggest that WGU has one of the more flexible transfer policies, outside of the technical subjects.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks