+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 284 First 123 45671353103 ... Last

Certifications
    BS: IT, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CIW Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    I thought this was only done in rare circumstances. (no testing centers in the area, disabled people, pregnant women, etc)

I've also heard bad things about it. Apparently if you move ever so slightly they shut the test down because they think you are cheating. They also shut the test down if there is any background noise whatsoever.
    I've only used it once and it wasn't that bad. Even if they have to stop it so they can get a better view, your still at home.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Just passed CLC1 (Reasoning and Problem Solving). A little more difficult than I suspected it would be.

66.67% of the semester completed!
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Did it tell you what score you got on the CLC1? Much harder than the pre assessment?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    Did it tell you what score you got on the CLC1? Much harder than the pre assessment?
    Not much harder, be sure to go through the basic questions and answers provided in Skill Soft.

No it doesn't give your score, though I wish it would.

On a side note, I thought about what you said about just doing the MCITP:EA, and I think your right. I'm going to just do the MCITP:EA even if it costs me an extra semester.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SAS Certified Base Programmer, MCSE, MCSA:S, VCP, Sec+, Project+, Net+, A+, CIW Pro/Database, BS-IT
    You can get your score for CLC1 on your AAP. Click on the "Pass" link and expand "Show Coaching Report." You'll get your overall score there, and there's a link that gives you a breakdown by question type.

Personally, I thought that one was 80-90% common sense and the rest was a bit of terminology. The online modules are plenty to get you through it.

I'm off to take the MGC1 (Management) assessment tonight. I haven't studied at all, but I scored 80% on the preassessment thanks to my 10 years in corporate America.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    Y'all:

How long did it take you to get cleared for your EWB assessments? Granted, I've only been waiting a day or so now, but I'm anxious to get moving.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by petedude View Post
    Y'all:

How long did it take you to get cleared for your EWB assessments? Granted, I've only been waiting a day or so now, but I'm anxious to get moving.
    Have you had your phone call with your mentor yet? Your mentor is your advocate so contact him or her.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    Have you had your phone call with your mentor yet? Your mentor is your advocate so contact him or her.
    Done the initial phone call. I'll give it until Friday morning to schedule, then I'll call my mentor if I still don't see the assessments posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by petedude View Post
    Done the initial phone call. I'll give it until Friday morning to schedule, then I'll call my mentor if I still don't see the assessments posted.
    I would do it today, no point on slowing down your progress. The EWB only takes two days at the most to complete. Then you can start working on your other classes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Well I passed LAE1 today and I only have ABV1 (Windows 7) to finish for this semester.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Well I passed LAE1 today and I only have ABV1 (Windows 7) to finish for this semester.

Congrats! Are you gonna add another class?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE R&S #38616 and many more!
    Congrats! You will be done before you know it. I need to get off my lazy behind and finish the last case study for my current course so I can move on to "more interesting" topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by down77 View Post
    Congrats! You will be done before you know it. I need to get off my lazy behind and finish the last case study for my current course so I can move on to "more interesting" topics.
    Yeah, I will have eight classes done in this first semester. It's all about how aggressive you want to be, and can be with your circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Earweed
    Congrats! Are you gonna add another class?
    I'm considering doing so, but I might just take a break instead.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah, I will have eight classes done in this first semester. It's all about how aggressive you want to be, and can be with your circumstances.

I'm considering doing so, but I might just take a break instead.
    Probably a good idea to get a little time with the wife. Plus you can get a head start on next term.
    Talk to your mentor about what you're planning to take next term and he/she will set you up with the learning resources and communities in advance. That's what I usually do during last month of term, you're just a little ahead of the curve.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Just Married!

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CIW Pro, Web designer, JavaScript, and Database, 70-680, CCNA, CCNA Security
    I started May 1st. So far it's been good. Finished EWB in 3 hours, passed both foundation assessments on Sunday and cleared AAV Tuesday. I'm working on LAC1 now. I got 78% on the pre assessment. My mentor said he wants 100% before approving the final assessment, if he holds that to me I'm going to have an issue. If I can pass a pre assessment at 90% I think I did well. I'm hoping to do 20-30+ CU this term.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SAS Certified Base Programmer, MCSE, MCSA:S, VCP, Sec+, Project+, Net+, A+, CIW Pro/Database, BS-IT
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicone View Post
    I'm working on LAC1 now. I got 78% on the pre assessment. My mentor said he wants 100% before approving the final assessment, if he holds that to me I'm going to have an issue. If I can pass a pre assessment at 90% I think I did well. I'm hoping to do 20-30+ CU this term.
    100% seems harsh, but if it's your first assessment, I can understand him wanting you to be overprepared. What is the passing score for the real test?

I finished 31 credits in my first semester and haven't failed an assessment, yet. With that track record, my mentor has no problem approving my assessment requests as soon as I pass the preassessment.

My final objective assessment (ORC1 - Organizational Behavior) is tonight, and it's looking like it's going to be the hardest one of the program. I took MGC1 (Management) last night, and it wasn't too bad.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by bwcarty View Post
    100% seems harsh, but if it's your first assessment, I can understand him wanting you to be overprepared. What is the passing score for the real test?
    WoW, that seems very extreme. Oh well, at least you will pass it with no problem. If you Mentor keeps making you get a hundred on all the different classes than I would start asking for a different Mentor to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Just Married!

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CIW Pro, Web designer, JavaScript, and Database, 70-680, CCNA, CCNA Security
    For Lac1 passing is 58%.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE R&S #38616 and many more!
    themagicone: Remind your mentor that the premise behind WGU is a competency based model and not a perfect score model. Requiring a student to achieve perfect pre-assessment score could cause undue apprehension and/or anxiety for current and future courses.

The *ONLY* pre-assessment that I took as a WGU undergrad, aside from the required math/english intake assessments, was the LPO1 - leadership and professionalism 12cu course that has since turned into the management and organizational behavior courses that many of you are taking now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I took very few preassessments. I took one for WFV1 and LP01 and the rest were not required. I also wasn't trying to rush through to take any final assessments either though. I basically started each class working through the course of study as if it were a "normal" class. For the IT classes I was required to have (early on was measure-up) completed the 3 passes of examfarce before taking the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Just Married!

Certifications
    Well I got my assessment scheduled for LAC1 on the 19th, I'm hoping to have my essay done for LAE1 by Thursday next week. And my goal is to have the research paper and presentation done by the 1st of June or shortly after. Follow that up with IT I, natural science and IT II, III. That is my goal for at least through July.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. Information Security, A.S. IT Security,CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, A+, Net+, Sec+, SonicWALL CSSA, MCTS: Windows 7
    I am so stoked to see all of the activity of TE members attending WGU.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    There are a lot of us here (and there) a lot of that due to veritas.
    Time to get back to studies. Studying for the 70-642 and I went back to review subnetting and it's still not clicking with me. Everything else I've studied so far is sticking in my head pretty good, I'm up to routing in the book and decided to review subnetting.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jahsoul View Post
    Just to the CIW Foundations pre assessment. smh.

53% (16/30). I split every topic down the middle. Welp, I guess I have to get to studying these encyclopedias.
    I hit 75% zooming through it. I actually think it's a really good overview of IT, better than what most students are probably getting in their CIS overview courses elsewhere.

I do need to brush up on the site development material myself, though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    There are a lot of us here (and there) a lot of that due to veritas.
    Time to get back to studies. Studying for the 70-642 and I went back to review subnetting and it's still not clicking with me. Everything else I've studied so far is sticking in my head pretty good, I'm up to routing in the book and decided to review subnetting.
    Grab a CCNA or CCENT book-- subnetting is generally way better presented there.

Safari Books used to have Lammle's chapter on subnetting from his CCNA book downloadable as a sample. Don't know if that's still the case.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 284 First 123 45671353103 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks