+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 First 12 3456 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, CCDP, CCNP
    You should add DePaul University. They offer a lot of IT degrees online. They are in Tier 3 group.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Thank you very much for putting this list together. It's an invaluable resource.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Indeed they do, both Master of Arts AND Masters of Science in IT. This one looks really good for what I am looking for:

MS - Computer Information and Network Security - DePaul

Unfortunately, this is not what I am looking for:
    Total Cost of Degree: $31,096.00 (geteducated.com)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, CCDP, CCNP
    Yes, they are expensive. For that price, you can go to RIT which is in the Tier 1 category. Probably a little bit more but I think the name pay for itself.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:R&S
    Updated and +rep for all contributors. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:R&S
    Also wanted to mention the Academic Common Market.

Cliffs Notes version: If you live in any of these states (pretty much ACC/Big-12 South/SEC country) and a particular program you want to study for isn't offered in your state, you can get a waiver to go to another university and only pay the in-state tuition rate.

Search for programs you qualify for by picking your home state here. You can specify online programs as a search criteria.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Jmu

How about James Madison University (Tier 1)?

MS - Information Security - JMU InfoSec - Home
    $718 per credit
    $23,694 (33 credits)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, CCDP, CCNP
    Add RIT in there as well. Here is the list of online programs. As mentioned, they are in Tier 1 category ranked # 9.
    Last edited by zerglings; 07-10-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    Net+ MCTS:70-680, 70-685 MCITP: EDST 7
    Anyone have a list like this for Associates programs?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Cyber Intel Analyst ArabianKnight's Avatar

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Fort Hays State University

Information Networking & Telecommunications (Computer Networking) - Fort Hays State University

$3,942/year in-state
    $12,339/year 0ut-of-state
    $170/credit hour-online

Bachelor of Science in Information Networking and Telecommunication Computer Networking
    Reply With Quote Quote  

You should also add Southern New Hampshire University

Southern New Hampshire University - Best College - Education - US News

Information Technology (M.S.); Southern New Hampshire University
    Masters in Information Technology
    Tier 1 (Rank 99)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    Boston University has a good online program as well, although it is quite expensive. Around $30k for a Masters degree.

Boston University Online Graduate Degree Programs: Online Master Degree of Science in Computer Information Systems at Boston University.
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgent View Post
    Boston University has a good online program as well, although it is quite expensive. Around $30k for a Masters degree.

Boston University Online Graduate Degree Programs: Online Master Degree of Science in Computer Information Systems at Boston University.
    it looks great
    Boston University - Best College - Education - US News

Tier 1
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    B.S. in IT, MCP, MCDST, Network+, CCENT, Security+, MCSA:S
    I'm going to be starting FIU's MS in IT program in the Spring

Florida International University - Tier 2

Master's in Computer Science (30 cr)
    Master's in Information Technology (30 cr)
    Master's in Telecommunications and Networking (30 cr)
    Master's in Management of Information Systems (36 cr)

Cost of Credit (Resident) - $ 371.66
    Cost of Credit (Non-Resident) - $ 875.74
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA-JUNOS
    I'm considering to undertake one of those online BSc degrees soon, as there aren't any viable options for what I want to study in my current country as I am an expat here.

This thread has been very helpful in checking out different schools and programs.

I vote sticky as well!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    I would also like to see this thread as the Sticky. More and more B&Ms are offering online degrees and this list only touches a small percentage of them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA, CWTS, CCNA Voice, A.A.S. in Networking
    The board of regents of the university system of Georgia offers Bachelor Of Science in IT aka WebBSIT

Georgia::WebBSIT

You must be enrolled at one of the 5 member institutions offering the program, you can see the list of schools at the site. apparently in-state and out-of-state tuition is the same at $310 per credit hour.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    I just saw where UNC-Greensboro is now offering their MSITM curriculum online, starting this fall.

Master of Science in Information Technology and Management, Bryan School of Business, UNCG

I don't know about tuition. I'm certain you don't get a break of you're out of state, though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 3/22/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-412; 2/11/2017 - Completed VCP6-DCV (passed 2V0-621)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), more Linux, AWS Solution Architect (Associate)
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, MCSA 2016, Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, Project+, CASP, Mobility+ Beta, CCENT, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, MCTS:680
    N.C. State has a Masters in CS and Harvard (Extension) has a B.S. in CS and M.S. in IT.

I 2nd to sticky this thread.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by blargoe View Post
    I just saw where UNC-Greensboro is now offering their MSITM curriculum online, starting this fall.
    How does UNC-Greensboro compare to, say, UNC-Chapel Hill? (No, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious...) I am just curious though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    Sec+, Proj+, Net+, A+, MCITP:SA, MCTS:W7, CCENT
    This is an awesome list, thanks! I definitely want to do an online program because I work at a NOC during graveyard on weekends. On a slow night, I sometimes spend 6 hours of free time to study. Getting paid to attend graduate school! Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Net+, A+
    East Carolina and Illinois/Springfield looks like strong possibilities for me after I finish up with WGU. (I'm quite sure others will be discovered down the road, but these two look good to me right now.) I wonder how accommodating those two schools will be with WGU.

This post is GOLDEN, and should be a sticky! Thank you!
    Last edited by RockinRobin; 02-14-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by drew726 View Post
    This is an awesome list, thanks! I definitely want to do an online program because I work at a NOC during graveyard on weekends. On a slow night, I sometimes spend 6 hours of free time to study. Getting paid to attend graduate school! Awesome!
    Great way to look at it! HAHA!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    Quote Originally Posted by erpadmin View Post
    How does UNC-Greensboro compare to, say, UNC-Chapel Hill? (No, I'm not being sarcastic or facetious...) I am just curious though.
    UNC-G is definitely one of the "little sisters" in terms of prestige, but it's a good school. Bryan School of Business is fairly well respected regionally if not nationally. I would expect the program overall to be on par with the East Carolina offering.

I'm looking at East Carolina (because I'm in NC, it's the cheapest option for me, and my previous manager did his masters online there and had positive things to say about it), and UNCG (I'm familiar with the school since I did my undergrad there years ago, and it's within driving distance if I think I'd be better taking a course in the traditional setting for the harder courses).

I also like Illinois-Springfield; they were one of the very first b&m's to offer this type of thing. They used to offer in-state tuition to all online students (I assume they still do). I was actually enrolled 7 years ago and dropped the first day because I had recently found out I had kid on the way and other stuff in life happening at the time... figured I'd have more time to work on it later. Boy was I wrong!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 3/22/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-412; 2/11/2017 - Completed VCP6-DCV (passed 2V0-621)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), more Linux, AWS Solution Architect (Associate)
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, MCSA 2016, Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Just a Funko kind of guy videguy's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, CCENT, Security+
    I am just finishing up my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Database Management from South University. Not a bad program. A bit pricy like many of the online programs are. They have campuses through out the south. They are owned by Education Management Corp.
    Last edited by videguy; 02-15-2011 at 05:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 First 12 3456 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks