+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 124 First 123 45671353103 ... Last

Certifications
    A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCSA 2k/2k3, MCSE 2k/2k3,MCTS:Connected Home Integrator, SBS08-11,MCITP:SA,MCITP:EA,CCNA, VCP4

Question referral

Quote Originally Posted by nhan.ng View Post
    hi all,

I'm a long time reader, but just signed up recently. Discovered WGU while searching for a technical school. Spent a few days reading reviews around the web and finally found these threads about WGU on TE dooh how i didn't see all these threads about WGU on here .

I'm just starting a new job, so as soon as I have enough save up, i'm gonna spend it on WGU. Plan on studying Information Technology—Networks Design & Management, so if anyone could please send me an invite, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all.
    Hello, I believe this user read my mind, just what he said is what I was planning to write. I hope someone could send me an invite to start the process at wgu.

thank you,

Leo

Edit: I got my invite from erpadmin, thank you!!!
    Last edited by scalpelrush; 08-25-2010 at 03:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by scalpelrush View Post
    Hello, I believe this user read my mind, just what he said is what I was planning to write. I hope someone could send me an invite to start the process at wgu.

thank you,

Leo

Used the send an email function to contact you. Figure we'll start the trust that way.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA: Security
    Hi I'd like to request a referral. I'll be sure to get back to you after I apply and everything. I'm not sure if I can accept pms yet, but I enabled email. Thanks!

edit: got a reply!
    Last edited by Arysta; 08-24-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A/Net/Sec/Ser/Proj+, CIW, MCITP, MCSE, C|EH/CHFI, CISSP, CCSPA, CCENT, BS: IT-S, MSISA
    Quote Originally Posted by Arysta View Post
    Hi I'd like to request a referral. I'll be sure to get back to you after I apply and everything. I'm not sure if I can accept pms yet, but I enabled email. Thanks!

I have sent you an email with my contact info. Please let me know if you received it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Default Looking for a Referall

Looking for a Referral for WGU. Looking forward to signing up this weekend. Thanks!

ITJake.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by ITJake View Post
    Looking for a Referral for WGU. Looking forward to signing up this weekend. Thanks!

ITJake.

Sent an email.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Default To All:

A couple of folks have gotten back to me about starting soon (October). Plus with the last referral, I believe I can definitely now share the wealth and let others have at the referrals.

If anyone needs a referral and they have not gotten a response from folks, you can PM me. If you can't PM, follow the instructions in the first post and contact Webmaster to turn PM on for you. You can also PM others who you see who are looking to refer you.

Good luck to all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    A referral would be much appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Default referrals

I have not filled any applications at WGU yet, but planning to asap
    anyone here is a student there and can help with the referall?

You can pm me here, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    I'd like a referral for WGU please. Thanks guys.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Just Married!

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CIW Pro, Web designer, JavaScript, and Database, 70-680, CCNA, CCNA Security
    Just FYI if you didn't get the referral to waive the $65 when you first applied, as long as you didn't approve your AAV you can still apply for the referral. You will get the $65 back when you get your student aid.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicone View Post
    Just FYI if you didn't get the referral to waive the $65 when you first applied, as long as you didn't approve your AAV you can still apply for the referral. You will get the $65 back when you get your student aid.
    I was wondering how far into the process you could get before the referral was no longer an option. Thanks for the info!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member

Default WGU Referral Request

I am in need of a referral for WGU. Any help would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA

Default Please post that you have responded to a request

Will everyone who responds to a referral request please leave a reply post that you have taken care of that person.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    That is one of the thing that I appreciate about WGU. They require your certs to be current in order for them to count.
    So the cut off on the certs is 5 years then?

How are they on previous schooling? In think when I stopped I was very close to an AS in computer science and mathematics. I think I was missing assembly language, a physics course, and discrete math. Looking at the IT Security degree, it looked as if between my certs and my schooling, I had a lot of their requirements already done. Are they pretty accepting of things like that?
    Last edited by tanix; 09-17-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tanix View Post
    So the cut off on the certs is 5 years then?

How are they on previous schooling? In think when I stopped I was very close to an AS in computer science and mathematics. I think I was missing assembly language, a physics course, and discrete math. Looking at the IT Security degree, it looked as if between my certs and my schooling, I had a lot of their requirements already done. Are they pretty accepting of things like that?
    I believe it is five. You would have to call them in order to verify.

AAS or AS? An AS would transfer in a lot of credits.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    I believe it is five. You would have to call them in order to verify.

AAS or AS? An AS would transfer in a lot of credits.
    An AS actually. It was community college and I was on course to transfer to the university there to finish off a BS in CS (math science option) and Math (applied).

I had two semesters of programming in C++ (ending with the advanced data structures class). Quite a bit of math, and a slew of the GE's and other subjects (criminal justice, administration of justice), heck... even took the Police Officers Standards of Training course for 22 units.

My hope was that with my past experience in IT (about 5 years ranging from PC/printer repair, PC help desk and on-site tech to application development) , combined with my certs as well as my schooling, I could cut my time to finish a degree in IT security greatly.

My certs are all under the 5 year mark and I planned to start as soon as I finish my CCNP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tanix View Post
    An AS actually. It was community college and I was on course to transfer to the university there to finish off a BS in CS (math science option) and Math (applied).

I had two semesters of programming in C++ (ending with the advanced data structures class). Quite a bit of math, and a slew of the GE's and other subjects (criminal justice, administration of justice), heck... even took the Police Officers Standards of Training course for 22 units.

My hope was that with my past experience in IT (about 5 years ranging from PC/printer repair, PC help desk and on-site tech to application development) , combined with my certs as well as my schooling, I could cut my time to finish a degree in IT security greatly.

My certs are all under the 5 year mark and I planned to start as soon as I finish my CCNP.
    Sounds like a good plan. If you want to really diversify your skills (not a bad idea for someone wanting to move in to security) then you may want to do the database emphasis.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. mhp
    I am also interested in getting a referal for WGU. I am looking at either the BS-IT or the BS-IT Network Admin, but I may also take the Security course instead.

I think that I am not able to receive pms yet, but I have enabled email in my profile.

Thank you in advance,
    Tony
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net +, Sec +, Proj +, Linux+ , LPIC-1, Novell CLA, MCP, CIW, VCA-DCA, CST, CNST, CPT, SFC, BACP
    Hello! New to this site, would like a referral to avoid the registration fee. Thank you in advance. Cheers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A/Net/Sec/Ser/Proj+, CIW, MCITP, MCSE, C|EH/CHFI, CISSP, CCSPA, CCENT, BS: IT-S, MSISA
    Just sent you an email Shawks... let me know if you got it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member
    Im in. Send me a PM or email and we can chat.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net +, Sec +, Proj +, Linux+ , LPIC-1, Novell CLA, MCP, CIW, VCA-DCA, CST, CNST, CPT, SFC, BACP

Default Thank you NOVOVICTUS

Thank you for the referral. I am sure I will be hearing from WGU shortly, so I can finish my application and take my entrance exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I requested a referral and received one. I sent that information to WGU. They acknowledged the receipt of the information, but I have not heard anything else. How long does it normally take for this process? I would like to go ahead and finish my application, but would rather not pay. Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA: Security
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawks View Post
    I requested a referral and received one. I sent that information to WGU. They acknowledged the receipt of the information, but I have not heard anything else. How long does it normally take for this process? I would like to go ahead and finish my application, but would rather not pay. Thanks in advance.
    Mine happened pretty much right away. They email you a code (kind of like a coupon code) which you then enter after you fill out the application. Are you sure you didn't miss it in the acknowledgement email?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 124 First 123 45671353103 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks