+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 124 1 23451151101 ... Last
  1. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS

Default WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

After talking to Mikej412 and Webmaster it was agreed that there was a need for a separate thread devoted to requests for WGU references (Refer-A-Friend). You can use this thread to seek out WGU students at TechExams that are willing to refer you. You can read about how this benefits you and the person who refers you in the paragraph below.

Do not post your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) or e-mail address in your post. Reply with a request for a referral and we will contact you.

Refer-A-Friend

Did a friend or family member who is a current student or graduate of Western Governors University (WGU) refer you to WGU? Thank them by filling out the short form below. Not only will you receive an Admission Application fee waiver, valued at $65, but your friend/family member will receive a $50 Amazon.com® gift certificate* when you complete the initial course, Education Without Boundaries (EWB).
    Edit by Webmaster:
    For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net. Alternatively, you can enable the option "Receive Email from Other Members" in your user profile allowing active members to contact you for the referral.

Active members (the referrer) can then contact you by emailing them via TE:

Last edited by veritas_libertas; 01-14-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Security+, Project+, CIW certs, JAVA, Perl, MCTS:Win7
    I am interested in attending WGU and wondering if someone can PM me what I need to fill out the request form.

Thanks for your reply and help.

TC613
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CCSK, Network+, A+, MCP
    Hi all,

New to the board - and I would love to get a referral.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL V3, A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCITP: EDST 7 & EST, HP APS, DCSE, Xerox, Pharmacy tech
    Greetings,
    I recently moved to Parkersburg WV, and well employment opportunities for IT folks are slim pickings. With my wife working full time I think it may be time to head back and complete my degree. If someone would be so kind to pass along a referral to WGU that would be terrific! Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    A.S in Associates of Science - A+
    How long is this promotion going on for?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott LaRock View Post
    How long is this promotion going on for?
    It's not really a promotion-- it's ongoing, at least for now.

My guess is it'll continue until WGU wises up and realizes they need to charge an unavoidable, irrevocable application fee like everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Hello all!! Long time reader of the forums, first time posting. I am looking to attend WGU, and came across this thread.

If anyone would care to refer me, it would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, F5 CSE:Security, CCNP:Security, CCNP:R&S, RHCE, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCITP:SA/EA, MCSE: Security, Security+, Project+
    Hey all,

Looking for a WGU Referral, looking to get the ball moving ASAP with a start date of September 1 if possible so the sooner the better.

Thanks,
    APR911
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, iNet+, Linux+, ITILv3 Foundation
    Anyone willing to give a referral?

I'll give you a cookie.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, iNet+, Linux+, ITILv3 Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    Forkvoid, you are going to be joining us soon?
    Indeed. It's taken me a while to get over my apprehension about online vs "real" universities. It's mostly a matter of pride and my own perception. All the jobs I want require degrees, and the ability to do it quickly was the deciding factor.

I did just find out that of all my certs, only the two that aren't in the program would count(my A+, Net+ and iNet+ are older than five years, with my Linux+ being exactly five years). :/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by forkvoid View Post
    I did just find out that of all my certs, only the two that aren't in the program would count(my A+, Net+ and iNet+ are older than five years, with my Linux+ being exactly five years). :/
    That is one of the things that I appreciate about WGU. They require your certs to be current in order for them to count.

Indeed. It's taken me a while to get over my apprehension about online vs "real" universities. It's mostly a matter of pride and my own perception. All the jobs I want require degrees, and the ability to do it quickly was the deciding factor.
    The deciding factor for me was when USC Upstate pulled out of out of Greenville. Up until then they had a CIS degree that you could work on during the evenings. The program was through a USC extension program.
    Last edited by veritas_libertas; 01-01-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    How soon after I start can offer referral(s)? Is it after EWB or after a full term?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    I think Veritas did his first while taking EWB..lol
    Should be OK once you complete EWB
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Default Referal Please

Okay, finally decided to not wait to get a two-year degree out of the way and go straight for the BS at WGU. Anyone want to refer me? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Looking for A Referral... I'm new here!! Thanks

Hi,

Could someone assist me with getting a referral for WGU. I'm about to call to sign up soon, so in a rush. Thanks...

I can be reached via email MODERATED (That's the best way). I'm not sure if I can find my own profile here (like I said.. newbee here).

I've worked in IT for 22 years, and am out of work for the first time in my career. I'd really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by mikej412; 07-28-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Hey if anyone needs a referral, since I just finished EWB, you can PM me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCTS: Win7
    My fiance is planning on going back ASAP to try and finish her bachelor's (I'll be following next year after I get other things sorted out). She's going to be transferring over her AAS (or what she can from it). If anyone could get in touch with me for a referral it would be much appreciated!

Edit: Thanks again for the referral Tato500!
    Last edited by Lemonade727; 08-05-2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member

Default referral

Found this forum from google searching about WGU. I'd like a referral please.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanmuro View Post
    Found this forum from google searching about WGU. I'd like a referral please.
    Read the info at the start of the thread. We have to be able to contact you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    Read the info at the start of the thread. We have to be able to contact you!
    There may be a lag after requesting PM access before it happens.... but I see that they do have PM access now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej412 View Post
    There may be a lag after requesting PM access before it happens.... but I see that they do have PM access now.

I sent him a PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    I would like a referral please, just created an account though, so I am not sure if I can receive or send PM's yet. I did allow members to e-mail me though when setting up the account. Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by apachesurfer View Post
    I would like a referral please, just created an account though, so I am not sure if I can receive or send PM's yet. I did allow members to e-mail me though when setting up the account. Thanks in advance!

I responded to you via e-mail. Please contact me back at the e-mail address I gave you in that message.

And welcome to TE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member

Default WGU Referral

request for a referral Please... just want a referral so I can get my app fee waive for WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    I'd be happy to help, but we need to be able to either PM or E-mail you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 124 1 23451151101 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks