SUMMARYStaff, Operations Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrading, level 2/3 problem resolution of large WAN/LAN environment including Cisco routers, Cisco switches, firewalls, VPN and VOIP. No administration of systems is involved . This role is for networking only and requires knowledge of Cisco networking.
· Coordinate with network and system teams to implement network changes including building configurations for connectivity through WAN, LAN and firewalls.
· Maintain network devices including upgrades, physical replacement and configuration standards.
· Capability to create concise documentation of issues, compile statistics and build reports on network performance is required.
· Shift: Monday through Friday in the Network operations center in Alpharetta Georgia - flexibility required. This position operates in a team environment; self-motivation, a sense of urgency and a good working ethic/attitude are a must to be successful in this environment.
· Candidate must demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and possess a strong sense of urgency to be considered.
· An understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 troubleshooting and integration.
· Exposure to firewall troubleshooting is preferred but not required.
· Exposure to maintaining, upgrading and configure L2/L3 Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
· WAN experience with point to point, Ethernet and MPLS preferred.
· VOIP, VPLS and encryption experience as well as experience with network management/monitoring applications and sniffer applications in an operational environment preferred.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent and 2+ years of hands on experience working in an enterprise operational LAN/WAN environment.