+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member MillhouseManaStorm's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA, CCNA, SSCP, Security+, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+

Default Advice about studying for Linux+ LXO 101

I am studying for the Linux+ exam and feel a bit overwhelmed. There are so many commands and switches. Do you have to know every switch and flag for every command? I am new to Linux, but trying to learn. I am using the AOI book and CompTIA Linux+ study guide. I joined the Linux Academy and have access to the Testout videos. Without breaking any non-disclosure agreements, does anyone have any advice? Testing in 9 days and don't want to come up short. Anyone try out Transcender's practice exams?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    I use the following to study for the Linux+ exam:

TestOut videos and practice exams
    CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide
    Testing lab environment - practice using commands, installing different distros

If you know the command line well especially the BASH side I think you will do well!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Security+, MCTS (70-640)
    Do you need to know alot of the options for certain commands?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, GIAC G2700, VCP5-DCV C|EH, ISC2 CISSP, AWS-PSA (Most have Expired)
    That is why I enjoy Red Hat exams, you don't need to know the whole syntax of a command. With MAN and HELP it can at least point you in the right direction and if you studied well enough; your mind will remember it as you see it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks