+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: LX0-103 Passed

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3 Foundations, Security+, Network+, CASP, Linux+, CEH, CHFI, CNDA, CISSP
    Well, so much for Linux+ being my next cert. I guess I'll be focusing my attention towards CCNA. I wanted to do Linux+ so bad, but it may be wise to wait a few months for these exams to be revised.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but I'm definitely not that "Linux" guy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S, Security
    What put you of mono? Just wanted to know your reasoning.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    I'm not that great with the remembering every command, their flags, and their variants.

Hearing about real Linux users barely passing, gives me the fears.

On a side note, I'm also getting sick of CompTIA exams. Have taken S+ and N+ within the last month (my only two exams) and am pretty annoyed with their poor choice of words. I haven't really had any other type of exam and hope Cisco exams are better about this. I always feel I struggle more with their meaning, rather than whether I know the content or not.

Again, I still plan on doing Linux+ down the line. But perhaps LX0-103/104 are just too new. Meaning, revisions (correcting or easing some of the questions) may be in the works. I know it's wishful thinking, but I can only hope.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Ah ok. I did my CCNA and it was very structured. Cisco do well with their exams. So you'll be ok provided you know the stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    Congrats man.

Yeah, CCNA, in my opinion, has always been the one that got away (or hasn't made its way). It's the one cert you can show off to your gf. I don't have a gf, nor would I really show off a cert if she existed, but if I had to show off a single cert, it would be CCNA.

Hold on, I'm not sure what I'm talking about anymore.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    haha thats ok i know what you mean !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCAP6-DCV Deploy, VCP6-DCV, MCSA 2012, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Linux+ Storage+ Sec+ Net+ A+ Proj+ ITILF
    With no experience I'd put the ccna and linux+ tests in this order of easy to difficult: ICND1 > LXO-103 > LXO-104 > ICND2. I found cisco questions a bit more cryptic then comptia's but microsoft is by far the most cryptic I've experienced.

Linux+ test didn't ask for many command line flags but it is mostly command line, it's the way most admins/engineers use linux. Also allowed to get many more questions wrong and still pass on Linux+ compared to Cisco tests.
    Last edited by techfiend; 11-09-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Cool Passed LX0-103 & LX0-104

Hi Guys,

Just FYI:

Passed the 2nd Exam on November 10 via Comptia:

Received the following 4 Certifications.
    *NOTE You must sit Comptia Exams to get all 4 Certs.

- CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI)
    - LPIC-1: Linux Server Professional
    - SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA)
    - SUSE 11 Tech Spec

*Study Materials used: Video : CBT Nuggets LPIC1/Comptia & PluralSight LPIC1

* Text Books used:
    - Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification - 4th Edition
    - Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible (3rd edition)
    - The Linux Command Line, Second Internet Edition, William E. Shotts, Jr.- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide: Exam LX0-103 and Exam LX0-104 , 3rd Edition

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck, it is really worth the effort.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi All,

I have a quick question to the guys have already taken lx0-103 exam. I have exam scheduled on 23 Dec and was attending few practice tests on some websites ( which are for lx0-101 and 103). Can somebody please confirm if lx0-103 has any questions related to Desktop configuration in linux? COmptia website says this is part of lx0-104 however I see queries related to Desktop Managers in the practice tests for lx0-103
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    hello techfiend, how many questions you practiced for LXO-103? i am planning to take it soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    hello prashanthr2,

i have also scheduled the exam on same date. Can you tell me what material you are using? i heard the exam is easy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCAP6-DCV Deploy, VCP6-DCV, MCSA 2012, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Linux+ Storage+ Sec+ Net+ A+ Proj+ ITILF
    100's through WGU but now that I've graduated I have no access to it. It's difficult for a comptia test even if you are pretty comfortable with linux. There's some unusual questions that linux pros likely wouldn't know without studying. I don't think it'd be much more difficult to take both tests on the same day, there's a lot of overlap. Good luck!
    2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    I was surprised at how hard this test was "for a CompTia test", personally, as someone with occasional Linux experience in the past. Some of the content didn't seem to be the run of the mill every day tasks/commands that would be commonly used.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 3/22/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-412; 2/11/2017 - Completed VCP6-DCV (passed 2V0-621)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), more Linux, AWS Solution Architect (Associate)
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, MCSA 2016, Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, iNet+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA R&S and Sec, CIW Ass., CIW WFA, CIW WDS, CIW DBS
    It's not a CompTIA test, it's an LPI test. I don't believe that they had anything to do with its creation. That's likely why folks are running into some issues - the QA for CompTIA tests has gotten progressively much better and the process of peer-review is extensive. LPI may not have the same process when building their tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    GREM, GPEN, GCFA, GCIH, GSEC, GCFE, ACE, MCSA
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member
    Hello Guys

Is there any news from persons who passed LXO-103 for last period. Waiting any cooments
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP-DV, ITIL
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Default Great

Job Well Done
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Any VIM required?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeret View Post
    I took and passed it almost a week ago, and I just wanted to mention some things here since I've used this place for a lot of my study ideas. I passed, but with a 570, that's the closest I've ever been to failing a cert exam and I was not confident throughout the test. I was glad to pass, but I was unprepared for it. I read part 1 of the newest Sybex book that should have covered the 103 exam, and watched all of the Skillport videos for 103. I've also used Ubuntu at home as my desktop for a few years now. I went in to the exam feeling extremely confident, I hadn't encountered a lot of new material throughout the book and videos, but I did learn some things.

The exam itself was much more difficult and covered a LOT of things that were never mentioned in the book or videos. Some of it I knew from being a Linux user, some of it I made guesses at and went home to research. There were a couple that made no sense to me, and one or two that seemed to have the wrong syntax in all of the answer choices. I guess I should've listened and taken the older exam series instead of playing with the new one that might not be quality controlled yet.

For those taking it in the next 6 weeks, take 101/102. For those taking 103, get something other than the Sybex book for this one. Usually for exams I get one good book and learn it cover to cover, that didn't cut it this time. If other people have had better experiences and I just didn't know as much as I thought, feel free to verbally abuse me and get me to study more for the 104 .
    Hello,

I have posted in forum for LPIC exam.I am also considering comptia linux+.I am new to online certifications.Can you guide me the whole process in simple words.
    Can i do self study and than register for Comptia LX0-103?And is exam tough?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks