+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Certifications
    MCDST, MCP, BSc Computer Forensics, MTA: 98-366, OSWP, OSCP, FJSE, ACE, PGCert, Linux+
    Thanks. I checked out a youtube video and it explained it 100x better than the book did. I think if I was starting from scratch, i'd have used youtube tutorials for the most part. Visually seeing it done properly is so much better than someone trying to explain it in a limited space in a book.
    Plans for 2017: MTA Server Fundamentals
    Plans for 2017/Beyond: MCSA, MCSE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCDST, MCP, BSc Computer Forensics, MTA: 98-366, OSWP, OSCP, FJSE, ACE, PGCert, Linux+
    Well it's my LX-103 exam tomorrow. I'm doing some practice tests today and trying to re-learn things ASAP because there are still a lot of things that I don't feel 100% comfortable with.

Here's one of my latest test exam scores:

test.jpg

If it's anything like the practice tests, I feel like I should nail it. If it's not like the practice tests, it could go either way.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Server+, Security+, MCP 70-210, Novell CNA 5.0
    Thanks for taking the time to post your progress, I am going to take the Linux+ in 2017. I've decided to detour & take the beta Project+ exam in mid Nov since it is only $50 instead of $285 (I think this is still available too if anyone is thinking of taking it). But after the Proj+ is done, I will be hitting the Linux+ full steam like you have been doing. I have taken the intro to Linux course on edX.org and passed what they call "certificate of achievement", but it is not a true certification in my eyes. It may look good on a resume though (which it is on mine). Good luck on your exam tomorrow duder! Seems like a 500/800 score...63% is the passing score, correct? Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by shochan View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post your progress, I am going to take the Linux+ in 2017. I've decided to detour & take the beta Project+ exam in mid Nov since it is only $50 instead of $285 (I think this is still available too if anyone is thinking of taking it). But after the Proj+ is done, I will be hitting the Linux+ full steam like you have been doing. I have taken the intro to Linux course on edX.org and passed what they call "certificate of achievement", but it is not a true certification in my eyes. It may look good on a resume though (which it is on mine). Good luck on your exam tomorrow duder! Seems like a 500/800 score...63% is the passing score, correct? Cheers!
    Thanks shochan. I haven't heard of the Project+ exam but I will look into it! My only issue with the Linux+ is the sheer amount of information you have to cover and that the exam is in 2 parts which goes to show just how much material is in it. Yes 500/800 but from what I read, some questions aren't worth as much as others, so until you get to the end of the exam, you don't know how you've performed. Even if I hit 500 on the dot i'll be happy. I've already decided that career-wise i'm not going down the Linux route, I was just doing this cert because Linux (and still is) a hobby. I will update this thread tomorrow with my results! Let's hope I can pull it off!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Linux Essentials
    The thing I like about practice tests the most is usually they will have some kind of explanation about why the correct answer is the correct answer and why all of the other choices are wrong. I always read the explanations and I find that it helps me a lot.

I would get a good night's sleep. I always show up early to the test center and spend 45-60 minutes doing a final review. I know I got some answers right on the LX0-103 that I would have otherwise gotten wrong if I didn't spend the extra time reviewing. I like to skim through my notes and then skim through the book reading anything that's bolded, highlighted or otherwise marked as being important. However, I do focus on the areas that i know I'm weaker in.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Totally agreed thomas_ that's exactly how i'm spending this evening. In fact i've just went through chapter 4's practice questions from Bresnahan's book and scored 14/20 (70%). I'm looking at the ones I got wrong and the explaination so that I wont make the same mistake tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Good news everyone!!! I passed the LX-103

The bad news: I only got 540 / 800 (500 is passing mark). The exam was no joke - I thought i'd failed it. I got a whole bunch of vi questions, upstart, SysV, grub and yum/RPM questions - I got a few easy questions but i'd say the vast majority were hard - I had to use the process of elimination to answer the questions. One of the umask questions had me stumped for a good 10-15 minutes but I finished the exam with approx 55 mins to go. I got a question that asked for the parameter for a command and the answers were identical, only one of them was upper case and one was lower case - in short: you NEED to know your commands inside out otherwise you can easily fail this one.

So now i'm going to take the LX-104 exam in December and hopefully i'll pass that, then I will be able to say that I reached my goals for this year.

P.S

Thanks everyone for the support
    Last edited by si20; 09-28-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, CPT, S+, A+, P+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCP6-DCV, GPEN, OSCP
    Quote Originally Posted by si20 View Post
    Good news everyone!!! I passed the LX-103

The bad news: I only got 540 / 800 (500 is passing mark). The exam was no joke - I thought i'd failed it. I got a whole bunch of vi questions, upstart, SysV, grub and yum/RPM questions - I got a few easy questions but i'd say the vast majority were hard - I had to use the process of elimination to answer the questions. One of the umask questions had me stumped for a good 10-15 minutes but I finished the exam with approx 55 mins to go. I got a question that asked for the parameter for a command and the answers were identical, only one of them was upper case and one was lower case - in short: you NEED to know your commands inside out otherwise you can easily fail this one.

So now i'm going to take the LX-104 exam in December and hopefully i'll pass that, then I will be able to say that I reached my goals for this year.

P.S

Thanks everyone for the support
    Congrats man! I am studying for this right now as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Linux Essentials
    Congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+
    It was cool following your progress. Great job on the pass. Good luck on your next exam.
    CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Server+, Security+, MCP 70-210, Novell CNA 5.0
    Yeah MANE! Good job regardless...A pass is PASS! CHEERS!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Sec+, Net+
    Good Job, I hear this test can be quite the pain.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks